Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 30th August 2011, 11:31   #1
Senior - BHPian
Default Antonov automatic transmission-

Dear all,

During my engg days i had done a seminar on antonov auto tranny.I had an impression that this was going to rule the roost in auto transmissions since it was a modular construction and more than that we had an option of having multi speeds during reverse gear also.But sadly nothing has happened in that direction.Does any one know of any production car using the same or more details on the Antonov transmission boxes.
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2011, 22:04   #2
Distinguished - BHPian
Default Re: Antonov automatic transmission-

The original design was all mechanical. Was meant to be cheap system for third world countries (India, China etc. If I'm not mistaken, its global debut was in one of the IETFs).

However, lack of precision in the shift points meant that it was not suitable for modern emission compliant vehicles. No takers for automotive use.

Believe they have designed more mainstream products since. Thrust area is the electric car/ China.

Sutripta is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote