Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 21st February 2006, 16:09   #1
BHPian

Unhappy OHC Temp Rises to Max!

hey guys ive noticed something wierd which has started of late.. when i idle my car (a/c off) e.g at a signal the heat level rises to nearly full .. it shud normally jus remain below half.. am i right?.. ne idea what the problem cud b?
N cud ne1 tell me a good honda authorized service center?? i stay at bandra(w) so nething near by would be helpful.. thnx

~cheers
-Ash
buzzin_hornets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 16:47   #2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzin_hornets
hey guys ive noticed something wierd which has started of late.. when i idle my car (a/c off) e.g at a signal the heat level rises to nearly full .. it shud normally jus remain below half.. am i right?.. ne idea what the problem cud b?
N cud ne1 tell me a good honda authorized service center?? i stay at bandra(w) so nething near by would be helpful.. thnx

~cheers
-Ash
Hi,
Check your hose pipes and radiator for leaks first before driving the car. Could be a malfunctioning CT Sensor.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 16:52   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzin_hornets

~cheers
-Ash
There are two fans in your engine bay. One comes on automatically when the engine gets hot and the other runs continously when the a/c is on. In your case, with the problem you have described, I think the first fan is not working at all. probably a blown fuse or relay, or the thermostat or in the worst case fan motor is damaged.

The reason your temp stays down when the a/c is on cause the second fan kicks in and cools down things.

Try and check the fuses or go into any workshop. they should be able to sort things out.

Last edited by Sideways : 21st February 2006 at 17:05.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 17:38   #4
BHPian

hey viper, sideways.. thnx for the super fast reply .. thnx for ur advice i will go n get the radiator, pipes, sensors n the fan chkd asap... thnx a ton .. now atleast i know where the problem cud b..else the mech cud have taken em for a ride n burnt a hole in my pocket!

~cheers
-Ash
Old 21st February 2006, 17:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

the reason why the temp needle goes up only when idle is because when teh car is in motion the air flow will be cooling the engine ...better check the radiator and the hoses for leaks ....
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2006, 02:06   #6
BHPian

will do tht as well SS
thnx
Old 22nd February 2006, 09:21   #7
BANNED

Hey,

Do give us a feedback on what was the problem.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2006, 11:39   #8

Hi,

I had the exact same problem with my OHC. It turned out that the radiator fan was not working. I took it to Ichiban(ugh!) and they promptly gave me an estimate for Rs. 14,000!

Got a new fan from "outside" for Rs. 1100... Rest is history.
wildthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2006, 16:18   #9
BHPian

i just gave my car to linkway honda goregaon east.. they keep callin me after every half an hour saying "sir, your power steering fluid pod is broken", "sir this part has to be replaced", "ur brake pads need to be replaced" .. lol ..they are cookin up a phat bill for me...
Old 22nd February 2006, 16:27   #10
BHPian

what do they have to say about the over heating problem?
Old 22nd February 2006, 16:39   #11
BHPian

they mentioned something about a pipe, i cudnt hear the idiot clearly.. i think its the hose pipe like viper mentioned... and it costs freakin 600 bucks... for a pipe!! damn... this is my last service at an authorized service center!!
Old 22nd February 2006, 16:42   #12
BHPian

If it was a pipe you shud be having the problem at all times. anyway, you are lucky it's not the fan.
Old 22nd February 2006, 22:00   #13
BHPian

yeah but they gave me a nice bil of 3000 ! still wondering for what i paid so much!
Old 24th February 2006, 02:09   #14
BHPian

btw my problem of the heat level rising @ idle still persisits.. i called up the honda guys n he said plz bring in your car for rerectification.. he said they must have not chkd it properly!!?? what kinda sevicing is that.. n the idiots have also connected my brakes to my headlights!! so everytime i break my headlights(dim) come on!! he also mentioned that it could be the problem of my radiator fan which could cost 10000 ... lol... that was a good joke.. n he did mention that my steering was heavy cuz my steering rack was leaking (power steering oil), n that ccannot be repaired but replaced for 30000 .. wow!! ur reply guys.. n 1 more thing plz dont ever give ur car to linkway honda @ goregaon (e), they didnt even clean the interiors of my car!, n they had misplaced my key n had to wait like about 1/2 n hr for them to find it.. sux..
Old 24th February 2006, 02:23   #15
Senior - BHPian

Buzzing_hornets, u immediately contact 'viper'.
He'll help u out and not take u for a ride like the Honda ASS!!
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote