Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 16th September 2011, 15:24   #31
Default Re: Rear windshield broken on brand new DZire ZDi

+1 to tsk.
if the car was parked in well guarded premises and the owner is sure that no burglar could even think of entering his car park, then it could surely be the "neat" job of a faulty rear defogger switch which was continuous in "on" mode thereby heating up the rear glass to such an extent that it eventually shattered.
anyways, what is the latest news? glass replaced? pics please.
wild child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 14:24   #32

Latest update. Dealer is not able to procure the glass yet. Dealer has agreed for fit a normal glass for time being and fit a new glass with defogger when it arrives. Does it really take so much time for maruti to get a glass with a defogger?
windsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 14:43   #33
Senior - BHPian

Could this be due to ongoing strikes ? They might not have manpower to keep supply chain from Suppliers (Glass and Defogger) -> Assembly ->Dealer running at this point of time.
NetfreakBombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 17:01   #34
Wink Re: Rear windshield broken on brand new DZire ZDi

Hi, Sad to see the photo of yoyr Dzire rear windscreen . I faced the SAME problem some years ago with my Brand new Ford Fiesta . This happened only two days after i got my car and parked it on the road. Shopkeepers around told me that they had not seen a single person around the car. Nothing missing too from inside.
Shaman Ford the dealer told me that this was probably becoz of air collection inside the car wherein the windshield exploded due to internal air pressure !!!!!! ( i still dont believe them. )

I feel it si probably caused if you used the rear windscreen de-fogger heating element. The temp difference between the hot and fast cooling down might cause the windscreen to contract thgus causing distortion and cracking.

Did you use the de-fogger ?. I can say that I did as the Ford has this peculiar problem of it's windshields fogging up in the monsoons.

Hope to have helped.
Seacat is offline   Reply With Quote