Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 23rd May 2017, 14:29   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Car jerking while accelerating

I am so sorry!! I completely misunderstood the caption on the OP. and guesstimated what in the world Adya means by "Jerking while accelerating"!!!
Pun aside, please get your accelerator cable checked. It could be a case of the cable being worn out.Had this problem in my Wagon R and got it rectified after a simple change of the cable.
arnabchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 14:42   #32
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
I am so sorry!! I completely misunderstood the caption on the OP. and guesstimated what in the world Adya means by "Jerking while accelerating"!!!
Pun aside, please get your accelerator cable checked. It could be a case of the cable being worn out.Had this problem in my Wagon R and got it rectified after a simple change of the cable.

Same here. I was thinking: accelerating while jerking would have been more apt

On a serious note, this could well be due to clogging of spark plugs or fuel injectors.
Nav-i-gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2017, 07:56   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoSphere View Post
I guess the Jazz has a "direct ignition system" (also called distributor-less) which is generally reliable. So the most likely causes could be the fuel quality itself or the fuel-injection system. Have you changed your filling station recently?
Not really. For the last year or so its been the IOCL outlet on the eway.
Now that you guys pointed it out, the topic is hilarious!

Last edited by freak1201 : 24th May 2017 at 07:58.
freak1201 is offline   Reply With Quote