Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 25th October 2011, 19:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Issues with my new possession-Sonata V6

Even a multiaxle volve gives 2.5 kmpl!!

Jokes apart, get the complete service history from the HASS .From that you will know if something is amiss(like frequent changes of the same part),what all have been changed and when.So before you go on a changing spree,just study the service history
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 21:06   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush350 View Post
1.3-2 is way low man.
i currently have the 2.0 auto and it returns me 8 on the highway and 6 running around town.
A friend owns the 2.7 and he gets the same figures but he's a bit gentle on the gas pedal.

Update us after a full service.

Cheers
Piyush
Thanks, Piyush. I am planning as to what to do with the car's upkeep.

I shall keep you updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Even a multiaxle volve gives 2.5 kmpl!!

Jokes apart, get the complete service history from the HASS .From that you will know if something is amiss(like frequent changes of the same part),what all have been changed and when.So before you go on a changing spree,just study the service history

Its very surprising though, that the HASS people didnot have the computer needed to diagnose the errors in these so called high end cars.

BTW, My fusion seems far more advanced wrt the features.
deepfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 20:11   #18

Hi Again

Normally I am not bothered about the fuel efficiency of my car hence I do not work out the mileage, just top up and go.

However last week as I was to do a long trip I thought to extract the best possible mileage on the highway. I was easy on the gas and did constant speeds between 120-140km. 65 litre tank of petrol got me back home which was 784 km/490miles.

Hence the figure of 12 km was achieved which I believe is very good.

There were only 2 passengers one way and the rest was solo driving.

The car is in ship shape and is regularly serviced.

Cheers
piyush
piyush350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 09:48   #19
BHPian

I have not been able to get the car serviced, which I have an intention to get done, as soon as time permits.

During the service, I plan to:

1. shift to Synthetic oil,
2. change all the fluids of the car, and
3. get the car professionally cleaned, inside out.

Do I need to do anything else for the upkeep of the car?
Old 1st March 2012, 03:18   #20
BHPian

Hi, i own a 2005 2.7 v6. Issue is with the etacs system in the car, if the etacs locks you out the remote wont work and th imobiliser gets activate stopping the car from starting. So when this happened to me in bangalore i opend then fuse box orn the driver side, below the fuse you will find a black box, remove it carefully and gently, wait for 5 to 10 min then pulg it back and the wait for few more min and try the remote as well as the key it will work just fine. Remeber to unplug etacs box remove battery terminals and after putting back the etacs box plug them battery terminals back. Remove the positive and negtive. Call me if u need some phone help
Harish.Krovvidi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 21:21   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harish.Krovvidi View Post
Hi, i own a 2005 2.7 v6. Issue is with the etacs system in the car, if the etacs locks you out the remote wont work and th imobiliser gets activate stopping the car from starting. So when this happened to me in bangalore i opend then fuse box orn the driver side, below the fuse you will find a black box, remove it carefully and gently, wait for 5 to 10 min then pulg it back and the wait for few more min and try the remote as well as the key it will work just fine. Remeber to unplug etacs box remove battery terminals and after putting back the etacs box plug them battery terminals back. Remove the positive and negtive. Call me if u need some phone help
Thanks very much for your valuable input. I shall surely give it a try ASAP.

I took it to two Hyundai authorised workshops near my workplace but even they could not detect the problem, even after the vag com they used to detect the error codes.

Hope this solves the problem.

Will update you of the results.
Old 3rd March 2012, 00:47   #22
BHPian

Unhappy Re: Issues with my new possession-Sonata V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
I admit I bought a car which is low on fuel efficiency. But a mileage of 1.5-2 kmpl is simply unacceptable.
try changing the tires.
my sonata is 73k as of today, the worst fuel effeciency is 4.8kmpl. Why it it low was my question, i changed to syntic oil, spark plug etc. But the best i got was about 5.4kmpl (City driving fast & stopping hard & frequent slow moving traffic. It takes 45min to go 12km a/c is always on @ 17 degrees). NOW the same car use to give me 7 kmpl in same conditions, without the oil ans sparkplug change. What changed so dramatically; the tires yes i couldnt belive it, so i did a test, took 205/60r16 from SX4 voila a, back at 6.8 kmpl. I was running 205/55 R16 .. At least that what i conculded was i need a chnge pf tyre size. Unfortunately i had replaced the tires at 67k hence no money to switch back to the correct size . if any of you feel that 60 to 55 profile should not impact so much pls let me know your thoughts, we can try it out if your in bangalore.
Harish.Krovvidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2012, 09:53   #23
BHPian

Quote:
try changing the tires.
my sonata is 73k as of today, the worst fuel effeciency is 4.8kmpl. Why it it low was my question, i changed to syntic oil, spark plug etc. But the best i got was about 5.4kmpl (City driving fast & stopping hard & frequent slow moving traffic. It takes 45min to go 12km a/c is always on @ 17 degrees). NOW the same car use to give me 7 kmpl in same conditions, without the oil ans sparkplug change. What changed so dramatically; the tires yes i couldnt belive it, so i did a test, took 205/60r16 from SX4 voila a, back at 6.8 kmpl. I was running 205/55 R16 .. At least that what i conculded was i need a chnge pf tyre size. Unfortunately i had replaced the tires at 67k hence no money to switch back to the correct size . if any of you feel that 60 to 55 profile should not impact so much pls let me know your thoughts, we can try it out if your in bangalore.
I haven't done much with the car still, as my daily drive is my beloved Fusion.

No service, no oil changes, nothing. I am planning to take leave from office around Holi to give time to the v6 to get it back into shape.

But still, to make a mention here, the car is giving around 6kmpl now.

I shall keep you updated.
Old 3rd March 2012, 20:36   #24
BHPian

Quote:
try changing the tires.
Did you try a de-carb the engine. After 73K, your intake will be quite a mess with a LOT of carbon deposits. Do it at an authorised Hyundai workshop.
1self is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2012, 23:15   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
Did you try a de-carb the engine. After 73K, your intake will be quite a mess with a LOT of carbon deposits. Do it at an authorised Hyundai workshop.
1self good idea, am waiting forthe oil preassure switch to arrive next week will ask them to de carb the eingine at the same time. BTW i went for a 1 dayer today 406 KM and the refill stopped at 55 liters. hence my computation was 404/55 i.e 7.34 KMPL. then its good news for me (Still using the SX4 tires BTW). my next step is to see if city driving also it gives same figures but it may take me about 3-4 weeks to cover same distance to home and back to office. then am definelt going to get tires upgraded will try for some used ones if i can or swap the existing ones.

Also am planning to go in for sequential ALPG kit! anythoughts 1self

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
But still, to make a mention here, the car is giving around 6kmpl now.
deepfusion your getting there. but i feel anything more than 7 is a dream for a sonata, beased on my now exp till now
Harish.Krovvidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2012, 04:44   #26
BHPian

Quote:
1self good idea, am waiting forthe oil preassure switch to arrive next week will ask them to de carb the eingine at the same time. BTW i went for a 1 dayer today 406 KM and the refill stopped at 55 liters. hence my computation was 404/55 i.e 7.34 KMPL. then its good news for me (Still using the SX4 tires BTW). my next step is to see if city driving also it gives same figures but it may take me about 3-4 weeks to cover same distance to home and back to office. then am definelt going to get tires upgraded will try for some used ones if i can or swap the existing ones.

Also am planning to go in for sequential ALPG kit! anythoughts 1self
They have a German machine with very high quality fluids for the de-carbonizing. Standard across all Hyundai workshops. Ask them to do a through job of it because I have seen those intake & specially exhaust valves having a THICK coating of carbon. If your engine does not breathe properly it will consume more fuel.

The LPG kit would be nice. But remember to switch back to petrol when doing uphill or high rpm runs, ie. when there is a lot of load on the engine. If you do this, your engine will last a long time.
1self is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2013, 19:24   #27

My car is running on 205/65r15.
piyush350 is offline   Reply With Quote