Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2013, 23:32   #1846
BHPian
 
nikhileshgrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 52
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Had a very strange experience today. Had driven some 20 Kms with AC on and parked my car in the covered parking at my house. After an hour started my car and to my horror, the AC refused to work. The Auto and AC buttons dint glow even after repeated presses. The AC worked only if the temperature is set to 'LO'. It refused to blow cold air from 16 to 30 displayed on the infotainment screen

Switched off the engine for a minute and restarted, still the same situation.. Drove for a km and switched off the engine for 2-3 mins and started. Voila, the AC is back to normal.

The issue has not occurred again during the day and the AC worked absolutely normal the whole day. What could be the reason ?

Edit : have a feeling now that the blower noise has increased by few notches. Don't know if its in my mind and just assuming things.
I have faced similar issue a couple of times. Problem is that it is very difficult to reproduce in from of the a.s.s. I took the same steps for resolution and it has worked for me so far
nikhileshgrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 11:56   #1847
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Secunderabad
Posts: 116
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Similar advertisement in Hyderabad edition of HINDUSTAN TIMEs. Is this true? When there are problems still with XUV500, would results be as Indicated. It says 1 to 36 Months. Considering XUV was launched early last Year. Just Intrigued.
Attached Thumbnails
XUV 500 niggles and their solutions-xuv.jpg  

ajitsank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 13:50   #1848
BHPian
 
Heavy Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 264
Thanked: 272 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitsank View Post
Similar advertisement in Hyderabad edition of HINDUSTAN TIMEs. Is this true? When there are problems still with XUV500, would results be as Indicated. It says 1 to 36 Months. Considering XUV was launched early last Year. Just Intrigued.
I googled the TNS automotive study and came up with two links. The first one is the Federation of Automobile Dealers Association (FADA) which is reporting the XUV and Duster as the No 1 jointly in the SUV category. In the ad, M&M is not mentioning that it is joint No 1

The second link is the TNS Automotive link where in the SUV category Xylo is shown as No 1 and XUV 500 as No 3 and nothing on the Duster.

Both the links seem to be talking about the same study but results are different !! I'm sure there's a resolution but I can't figure it out based on the available data.

FADA Link : http://www.fadaindia.org/20-surveys-...utomotive.html

TNS Link : http://www.tnsglobal.com/press-relea...vmuv-customers
Heavy Horse is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 14:10   #1849
SDP
Team-BHP Support
 
SDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,500
Thanked: 6,779 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitsank View Post
Similar advertisement in Hyderabad edition of HINDUSTAN TIMEs. Is this true? When there are problems still with XUV500, would results be as Indicated. It says 1 to 36 Months. Considering XUV was launched early last Year. Just Intrigued.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
I googled the TNS automotive study and came up with two links. The first one is the Federation of Automobile Dealers Association (FADA) which is reporting the XUV and Duster as the No 1 jointly in the SUV category. In the ad, M&M is not mentioning that it is joint No 1

The second link is the TNS Automotive link where in the SUV category Xylo is shown as No 1 and XUV 500 as No 3 and nothing on the Duster.

Both the links seem to be talking about the same study but results are different !! I'm sure there's a resolution but I can't figure it out based on the available data.

FADA Link : http://www.fadaindia.org/20-surveys-...utomotive.html

TNS Link : http://www.tnsglobal.com/press-relea...vmuv-customers
I came across this "news" a few days back and thought "who is TNS?". Googled and found nothing significant about TNS. Without having any real credentials of their own, TNS doleing out awards is actually amusing. Seems like a 'paid advertisement' and therefore ignored it.

Mahindras are getting desparate. Let me announce "SDP declared M&M as No. 1 in proactive customer communication". Looking forward to see that announcement to appear on the XUV FB page soon.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 19:59   #1850
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Secunderabad
Posts: 116
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

On a Lighter Note, TNS would have asked 8000+ customers, as compared to another DUD SUV (Read RIO) how would you rate XUV 5OO. The Facebook posting of this advertisement is hilarious.Customers has stopped short of abusing M&M there.

Last edited by ajitsank : 17th June 2013 at 20:01.
ajitsank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 21:07   #1851
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 64
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I came across this "news" a few days back and thought "who is TNS?". Googled and found nothing significant about TNS. Without having any real credentials of their own, TNS doleing out awards is actually amusing. Seems like a 'paid advertisement' and therefore ignored it.

Mahindras are getting desparate. Let me announce "SDP declared M&M as No. 1 in proactive customer communication". Looking forward to see that announcement to appear on the XUV FB page soon.
TNS, part of Kantar group is actually one of the largest market research companies in the world !. Bigger than JD Power. How much to read into these numbers is another matter altogether. Unless someone asks TNS India to explain the methodology in detail, the findings will always be questioned.
Ajith-s is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2013, 08:42   #1852
BHPian
 
HotChillyPepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bang_a_lore
Posts: 605
Thanked: 215 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajith-s View Post
Unless someone asks TNS India to explain the methodology in detail, the findings will always be questioned.
I second that. Is there any BHPians participated in this survey? Who are these 8000 people? And why such a small sample rate ? It is not even representing 10 percept of the total population? What other options were considered in the survey? Without all these data it needs to be just treated as a marketing gimmick.

According to my RM, all niggles and mechanical issues are fixed in the latest production and hence they removed the 3 years unlimited mileage warranty on current production. As per him this is because now company is confident that there are no product deficiencies in XUV. Though my take on this is, M&M would be started feeling the pinch of warranty claims by now and would be considerably affecting the profitability from XUV. So they want to limit the liability from now on at least and hence the comfortably sneaked in 3 years / 1 lakhs kms.

-HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 18th June 2013 at 08:55.
HotChillyPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2013, 23:06   #1853
BHPian
 
debuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 402
Thanked: 1,287 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

I always used to read posts on this ever burgeoning 'niggles' thread and wonder : how come everyone else's XUV has niggles and mine is totally niggle-free? I almost used to feel like an outcast!

But now I finally BELONG to the XUV community because niggles have started raising their ugly heads on my XUV too! Read about them here (Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur).
debuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2013, 18:38   #1854
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,118
Thanked: 438 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
I always used to read posts on this ever burgeoning 'niggles' thread and wonder : how come everyone else's XUV has niggles and mine is totally niggle-free? I almost used to feel like an outcast!

But now I finally BELONG to the XUV community because niggles have started raising their ugly heads on my XUV too! Read about them here (Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur).
So it happened with me again today. So now its confirmed that this same issue is present my w6 as well. Asked my RM and will let me know when silver box is available. Just wondering why it didnt happened all this while. Only after the 30K service this poped up.
nitinralli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 06:46   #1855
BHPian
 
nik0502's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Gurgaon/Jind
Posts: 244
Thanked: 89 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

I wanted to share this experience. My friend was driving in his XUV in Delhi all of a sudden a yellow warning light came up on the instrument cluster. He pulled to the side and called up the helpline. The lady on the phone asked my friend to turn off the vehicle and do not drive while she is transferring the Manager from the technical team over the phone. She could not reach the manager so gave his phone number to my friend and asked him to call himself which he did and my friend explained the warning light and the manager was also not aware about this warning so he gave the number for a senior technician and my friend called him up and as all other guys in Mahindra my friend spoke to this guy was also clueless about the warning light. Meanwhile he grabbed the owners manual and figured out that the warning light was for TPMS because the air pressure in the spare tyre was low.
nik0502 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 08:33   #1856
BHPian
 
shrk_18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 62
Thanked: 83 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Many of you here may have already seen this, but posting here for the benefit of the larger audience. The DIY video about TPMS learning -
shrk_18 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 09:31   #1857
SDP
Team-BHP Support
 
SDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,500
Thanked: 6,779 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
I wanted to share this experience. My friend was driving in his XUV in Delhi all of a sudden a yellow warning light came up on the instrument cluster. He pulled to the side and called up the helpline. The lady on the phone asked my friend to turn off the vehicle and do not drive while she is transferring the Manager from the technical team over the phone. She could not reach the manager so gave his phone number to my friend and asked him to call himself which he did and my friend explained the warning light and the manager was also not aware about this warning so he gave the number for a senior technician and my friend called him up and as all other guys in Mahindra my friend spoke to this guy was also clueless about the warning light. Meanwhile he grabbed the owners manual and figured out that the warning light was for TPMS because the air pressure in the spare tyre was low.
Interesting that the user as well as the support-team did not know about common information easily available in the User's manual.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 09:50   #1858
BHPian
 
Heavy Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 264
Thanked: 272 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
I wanted to share this experience. My friend was driving in his XUV in Delhi all of a sudden a yellow warning light came up on the instrument cluster. He pulled to the side and called up the helpline. The lady on the phone asked my friend to turn off the vehicle and do not drive while she is transferring the Manager from the technical team over the phone. She could not reach the manager so gave his phone number to my friend and asked him to call himself which he did and my friend explained the warning light and the manager was also not aware about this warning so he gave the number for a senior technician and my friend called him up and as all other guys in Mahindra my friend spoke to this guy was also clueless about the warning light. Meanwhile he grabbed the owners manual and figured out that the warning light was for TPMS because the air pressure in the spare tyre was low.
Well I sincerely hope that it was your friend and not you

I recently went through the same experience. An alert came on and when I tapped that alert sign on the screen, it opened up and said that the spare tyre pressure was low. It's so simple that your friend (or you as the case may be) could not figure that out, so I have grave doubts whether your friend (or you) could explain the same to the people at M&M.

On a broader perspective, just to reiterate that this is another example of niggles being reported without adequate thought. Other people on this forum have earlier expressed the same feeling that many of the issues reported here are essentially those where people have not understood the underlying system and how it works, or is meant to work.

Last edited by Heavy Horse : 21st June 2013 at 09:59.
Heavy Horse is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 12:02   #1859
BHPian
 
nik0502's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Gurgaon/Jind
Posts: 244
Thanked: 89 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post

Well I sincerely hope that it was your friend and not you

I recently went through the same experience. An alert came on and when I tapped that alert sign on the screen, it opened up and said that the spare tyre pressure was low. It's so simple that your friend (or you as the case may be) could not figure that out, so I have grave doubts whether your friend (or you) could explain the same to the people at M&M.

On a broader perspective, just to reiterate that this is another example of niggles being reported without adequate thought. Other people on this forum have earlier expressed the same feeling that many of the issues reported here are essentially those where people have not understood the underlying system and how it works, or is meant to work.
Hi Heavy Horse,
Yes, it was my friend as I am yet to drive an XUV 500, I have driven a couple of Scorpios but have not got a chance to drive an XUV yet. On the other side I think if I was in his place I guess the situation would have been similar as I am not very good with gadgets . I myself would not have looked into the infotainment system i guess.I am yet to learn how to adjust the clock on my pioneer head unit n I have been using it for more than 4 years now.
nik0502 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 12:40   #1860
BHPian
 
sandeepmdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Varkala
Posts: 985
Thanked: 239 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post

On a broader perspective, just to reiterate that this is another example of niggles being reported without adequate thought. Other people on this forum have earlier expressed the same feeling that many of the issues reported here are essentially those where people have not understood the underlying system and how it works, or is meant to work.
Add to that, that a kind of automatic assumption that this car is made by an Indian company and therefor supposedly cannot be fault-free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Interesting that the user as well as the support-team did not know about common information easily available in the User's manual.
That the user is ignorant is acceptable to a certain extent. Not all guys are TBHPians and a friend of mine -who is professionally qualified -learnt that the headrests of his Swift can be height-adjustable just the last Sunday. He is a proud owner of the car since Feb 2010.

What's surprising is the level of knowledge of the support team. Or could there be a language/communication barrier between the two parties?

On a lighter note, MM should replace the entire warning light diwali cluster with audio warnings. In English as well as all vernacular languages that the navigator can speak. So when a tire loses pressure the system can announce to the occupants in Malayalam: "Chetta, tire-inte sammardham kuranjirikkunnu. Udan aduthulla tireshop sandarsikkuka".

This should solve many of the niggles.
sandeepmdas is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Metro and City Discrimination By Mahindra- XUV 500 Launch anjan_c2007 The Indian Car Scene 18 29th November 2011 15:10
Niggles, problems (Tyre and Stalling) in Palio 1.6 Sports 2007 anurag_p80 Technical Stuff 31 19th July 2010 17:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:25.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks