Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2014, 14:10   #2986
Senior - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,456
Thanked: 2,633 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
From past few weeks, my XUV alarm goes off all of a sudden even though nobody touched it.
There were posts few months back by multiple owners about failure of bonnet switch. This was causing the alarm to get triggered in older models of vehicle.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 15:02   #2987
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai/Medellin
Posts: 1,556
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
horizontal movement - I mean shoulder to shoulder ( or side to side) movements. 90% of the cards are FWD only.
in fact I find movements are less if I speed up a little.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranvakati View Post
Horizontal movement is pretty much evident in my Xuv too. I was owning Duster and moved to xuv this May.
If there are undulations on the road, XUV is too bouncy. Duster was always planted on any kind of roads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
I am no expert in these things but as a xuv owner I would love to have this bounciness sorted out. Sometimes I wonder is it common in all other vehicles of similar size ? If not then why is it present in xuv alone ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
I am also having an AWD 10 month old XUV and the bounciness is so bad at low speeds over roads with undulations (and here in kerala the roads are carefully built for undulations) it throws one out of the trajectory
Quote:
Originally Posted by venuvedam View Post
I think he means "Body roll". It is very much noticeable especially in the middle row when the vehicle is plying on bad roads. However, given the how tall the vehicle is, I don't know if there is any way out. I have driven other tallboy vehicles such as Quanto, Scorpio etc and body roll is evident in all of them.
The horizontal movement seems something endemic to M&M vehicles probably the way they are designed. I have not driven the XUV extensively but my experience with the Scorpio is similar. The Wagon R also exhibited this to an extent on really bad patches, but this behaviour is absent / not visible to an extent in other large vehicles I have driven viz. Fortuner, Montero, Land Rover etc.

Last edited by m_upreti : 16th December 2014 at 15:04.
m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 15:33   #2988
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,117
Thanked: 438 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
There were posts few months back by multiple owners about failure of bonnet switch. This was causing the alarm to get triggered in older models of vehicle.
I doubt its the bonnet cause i did face this issue last year and had that sensor replaced. During that time, i used to get an alarm while driving too, specially on broken roads. However this time it only happens when the car is parked. It never shows up while driving so i doubt its bonnet sensor again.
nitinralli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 18:56   #2989
BHPian
 
avimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 188
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
The horizontal movement seems something endemic to M&M vehicles probably the way they are designed. I have not driven the XUV extensively but my experience with the Scorpio is similar. The Wagon R also exhibited this to an extent on really bad patches, but this behaviour is absent / not visible to an extent in other large vehicles I have driven viz. Fortuner, Montero, Land Rover etc.
Exactly. If it due to physics of size then all similar size vehicles should exhibit it. I guess it is more to do with suspensions. Is there anything that can be done to reduce the affect?
avimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 21:43   #2990
BHPian
 
Twiny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cochin-Bangalore
Posts: 297
Thanked: 46 Times
Default XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

^^ Is there any body in this forum replaced XUV suspension (springs/dampers) with aftermarket ones? RedRooster has TEIN springs to use with OE dampers for XUV. Any feedback/after effects on such modifications?

Last edited by Twiny : 16th December 2014 at 21:46.
Twiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2014, 10:16   #2991
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 164 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
^^ Is there any body in this forum replaced XUV suspension (springs/dampers) with aftermarket ones? RedRooster has TEIN springs to use with OE dampers for XUV. Any feedback/after effects on such modifications?
I have been trying to find the same answer for months. Tein suspension springs lower the vehicle slightly and also might reduce the bounciness a bit. But is it worth that investment ? We can only ask RRP to provide us a demo whether Tein makes any difference to the ride quality.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2014, 12:49   #2992
BHPian
 
cosmopolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: KL 52
Posts: 110
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

I ve driven stock as well tein modded Toyota fortuner. There s very noticeable difference. Don't know about XUV
cosmopolitan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2014, 13:03   #2993
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,539
Thanked: 7,992 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
I have been trying to find the same answer for months. Tein suspension springs lower the vehicle slightly and also might reduce the bounciness a bit. But is it worth that investment ? We can only ask RRP to provide us a demo whether Tein makes any difference to the ride quality.
XUV and Bouncy? Sure it does not cushion the bumps as well as some of the other SUVs but the dampers are over aggressive, for a vehicle of this height the bounce is well controlled, and gets better with speed.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2014, 11:24   #2994
Senior - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,456
Thanked: 2,633 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Has anyone tried cleaning HVAC particle filter as a DIY task?

If so, can you please let know the location of the same.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2014, 13:54   #2995
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,117
Thanked: 438 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Has anyone tried cleaning HVAC particle filter as a DIY task?

If so, can you please let know the location of the same.
Here you go.

Doc1.doc
nitinralli is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2014, 15:55   #2996
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 375
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

XUV's lights are quite poor and just not sufficient to light the surface.
Can somebody please suggest me with which bulbs I can replace them for good light output even if the road lights are absent.
Thanks
Honda Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2014, 07:05   #2997
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 164 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
XUV's lights are quite poor and just not sufficient to light the surface.
Can somebody please suggest me with which bulbs I can replace them for good light output even if the road lights are absent.
Thanks
For low beam you can for Philips or P8 HID .. for high beam , not advisable to go for HID. Instead fit a Hella 700 or Hella 3003 or even Hella 4000 ( if possible , connect to high beam wires )
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2014, 07:31   #2998
BHPian
 
kARTIK IYER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NaviMumbai
Posts: 161
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
For low beam you can for Philips or P8 HID .. for high beam , not advisable to go for HID. Instead fit a Hella 700 or Hella 3003 or even Hella 4000 ( if possible , connect to high beam wires )
Hi,

Pardon my ignorance, the philips or P8 HID tis a straight fit bulb and not any kit. What is the difference between kit and these. Any output variations.
kARTIK IYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 09:44   #2999
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 164 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
Hi,

Pardon my ignorance, the philips or P8 HID tis a straight fit bulb and not any kit. What is the difference between kit and these. Any output variations.
It comes with proper kit, but there are no major modifications required(drilling the bulb cover caps etc.,) just like those cheaper low branded HIDs.
Easy plug and install process. Good life. Wont have any impact on warranty.
But for high beam , you have few choices like the Hella Aux lights.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 16:12   #3000
BHPian
 
fundagenie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 443
Thanked: 387 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
XUV's lights are quite poor and just not sufficient to light the surface.
Can somebody please suggest me with which bulbs I can replace them for good light output even if the road lights are absent.
Thanks
I am using morimoto HID for my low beams for almost a year and its been a good investment so far. Even did a night trip from Bangalore to chennai with one fused high beam and yet dint feel much of an issue due to to HID.

2 days back got OSRAM Nightbreaker plus for the high beams as well as static bending lights. Just did one night trip on the ill lit bannerghatta road stretch and all the three lights just gave a very good amount of lighting.

FundaG
fundagenie is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Metro and City Discrimination By Mahindra- XUV 500 Launch anjan_c2007 The Indian Car Scene 18 29th November 2011 15:10
Niggles, problems (Tyre and Stalling) in Palio 1.6 Sports 2007 anurag_p80 Technical Stuff 31 19th July 2010 17:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks