Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 27th February 2015, 11:43   #3166
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
And yes, the guys in KTC have already done cameras on the number plate area. the new camera is smaller and is of high quality. I might visit the store today to see the one where the cam is already running.
Great. If possible, please post a pic of the same.

Also, since you already had camera mounted on rear bumper. How will you be covering that slot?
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2015, 11:50   #3167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Great. If possible, please post a pic of the same.

Also, since you already had camera mounted on rear bumper. How will you be covering that slot?
Sure will do Suhas.

The TVS guys had actually made a hole on the bumper to fix the cam. So it will be there forever:( .
peterjim13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2015, 16:00   #3168

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 28th February 2015 at 14:31.
hunterfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 1st March 2015, 17:14   #3169
BHPian

The USB slot on the XUV is badly designed and a big irritant. The flap that covers the slot for the USB and the adapter can't be shut when either of these ports are used. There have been many creative solutions. Here's one that's worked for me. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Compared to the a regular sized adapter
XUV 500 niggles and their solutions-compared-other-usb.jpg

An elbow cable with a bent male and female outlet
XUV 500 niggles and their solutions-elbow-cable.jpg

The basic adapter is just a stub. Less than half the size of a regular adapter
XUV 500 niggles and their solutions-twin-2-w-adapter.jpg

Adapter assembled with the elbow USB cable
XUV 500 niggles and their solutions-assembly.jpg

The assembly in the plugged in condition. You can also see that another elbow cable is used to plug in a regular sized USB dongle.
Name:  plugged in.jpg
Views: 1116
Size:  14.4 KB

Name:  flap closed.jpg
Views: 1119
Size:  15.7 KB
The flap, finally closed, while the ports are in use.

The adapter is available on ebay.in. Search for Griffin 2 Amp Dual USB.

The elbow cables are available on aliexpress.com. Search for 90 degree elbow USB
triedeverything is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2015, 11:42   #3170

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I guess the original poster is talking about the "gear-shift" not slotting correctly and not really the "gear" not slotting correctly. This is a relatively simple issue with adjusting the linkages that are connected to the gear shift. Engine tuning and clutch inspection might be an overkill. Just my humble opinion.
Thanks for inputs. Just had a second service. Had pointed that out to advisor, she said she would looking into it. Slotting seems much improved now. Though still not what i would have liked.
TheSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2015, 11:56   #3171
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday, the touch screen lost the touch-functionality completely

I was on Mum-Pune expressway and pulling over and restarting the car was not an option. Restarted the infotainment system, but the touchscreen still wouldn't respond. After reaching my destination, I shut down the car completely, cranked the engine again and the touch screen was back to normal as if nothing has happened.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2015, 13:24   #3172
BHPian

Quote:

I was on Mum-Pune expressway and pulling over and restarting the car was not an option. Restarted the infotainment system, but the touchscreen still wouldn't respond. After reaching my destination, I shut down the car completely, cranked the engine again and the touch screen was back to normal as if nothing has happened.
So you too experienced the exclusive XUV 'Error Self-destruct' feature!

I do had it few times with infotainment system as well AC not throwing enough air! But a restart often solved it.

Last edited by superbhikari : 2nd March 2015 at 13:25.
superbhikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2015, 23:57   #3173
BHPian

Quote:

I had an issue with the CD player, which was neither playing a video CD nor was ejecting the same. It kept displaying "Mechanical Error". Shut down the car, took the key out, restarted and voila everything is back to normal. Is infotainment system covered under extended warranty as I think some day or the other it will conk off. Replacing it outside warranty would not be feasible.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 16:44   #3174
BHPian

Dear XUV buddies,

I am posting this on behalf of my friend. We purchased our Black XUV W6 in August 2012 and within the start of 2014 we started noticing rust bubble issues on the doors. Initially it was noticed on the right rear door and soon all four doors lived up the rust competition.

We contacted the Mahindra dealership in Chennai and well the response was not instant or serious at first. Later only when we sent the pictures to the dealership management the work was escalated. It took an agonizing 4 months to finally get our car back and took the delivery on Feb 16 2015.

First set of pictures reveal the rust on all four doors and in some cases in multiple locations on a single door.

Mahindra finally agreed to replace all four doors.
Attached Thumbnails
XUV 500 niggles and their solutions-img20150302wa0008.jpg  

XUV 500 niggles and their solutions-img20150302wa0009.jpg  

XUV 500 niggles and their solutions-img20150302wa0010.jpg  

XUV 500 niggles and their solutions-img20150302wa0012.jpg  

XUV 500 niggles and their solutions-img20150302wa0013.jpg  

Rover2000 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 19:32   #3175
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover2000 View Post
Dear XUV buddies,

I am posting this on behalf of my friend. We purchased our Black XUV W6 in August 2012 and within the start of 2014 we started noticing rust bubble issues on the doors. ....

Really shocking.

Quote:
Mahindra finally agreed to replace all four doors.
Replacing is OK. But did they figure out the reason behind the rust? XUV's documentary shows that the entire body is treated with some anti-rust treatment. They how could rust happen?
Old 3rd March 2015, 19:40   #3176
BHPian

Quote:
Replacing is OK. But did they figure out the reason behind the rust? XUV's documentary shows that the entire body is treated with some anti-rust treatment. They how could rust happen?
We did ask for reasons, but never did get a response which was convincing. They kept saying it has been sent to the concerned department and stuff like that. To top it they asked some silly questions like "did you off road your XUV"...and we were like "what the hell?" (fact- it was purely used with in city limits).

Last edited by Zappo : 3rd March 2015 at 20:00. Reason: Edited to repair the broken quote.
Rover2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 20:23   #3177
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We did ask for reasons, but never did get a response which was convincing. They kept saying it has been sent to the concerned department and stuff like that. To top it they asked some silly questions like "did you off road your XUV"...and we were like "what the hell?" (fact- it was purely used with in city limits).
I am assuming that the car was never driven on the beach (sand/water) and never washed with water heavy in salt content. I know, noone in their right minds would do that, but still, kindly confirm. The owner might not have done it, but may be a someone from the family/friends took it to the sea face and had some fun in water. Just to be clear, I am not accusing/blaming anybody, just exploring theories as this is indeed very baffling.

Last edited by SDP : 3rd March 2015 at 20:24.
Old 3rd March 2015, 20:36   #3178
BHPian

Quote:
I am assuming that the car was never driven on the beach (sand/water) and never washed with water heavy in salt content. I know, noone in their right minds would do that, but still, kindly confirm. The owner might not have done it, but may be a someone from the family/friends took it to the sea face and had some fun in water. Just to be clear, I am not accusing/blaming anybody, just exploring theories as this is indeed very baffling.
Yeap, I agree. This XUV was only used by two people so far. My buddy and me. All the rides have been mostly in the city limits and our occasional long drives have been max up to 150kms outside city. The first long trip was a trip to Mysore and that was only last weekend after we got the car back.
Rover2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 21:28   #3179
BHPian

Quote:

I am posting this on behalf of my friend. We purchased our Black XUV W6 in August 2012 and within the start of 2014 we started noticing rust bubble issues on the doors. Initially it was noticed on the right rear door and soon all four doors lived up the rust competition.
Quote:

I also had the same doubt as SDP considering the car is located in Chennai. With the sea very close, the chances of rust is higher. And incase the vehicle was exposed to sea water or washed with hard water, the water could have collected at some of these areas leading to rusting.. Anyway it looked real bad...

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2015, 13:49   #3180
BHPian

Hi quickly, finally something from my end which actually qualifies for a niggle.

1. Noise from left suspension area especially on patchy roads. Sounded like some rubber hitting a metal sort of.

I had been hearing a noise from the left suspension area, the co passenger could really feel it on patchy roads. Guys in KTC Cochin, checked the suspension removed and we even did a test drive using the suspension of a 5K old XUV from their garage and it still seems to be there. After contacting mahindra through the service guys they suggested the replacement of entire suspension KIT. After trying and testing every alternative, it will take a week more to get it delivered from NASIK.

Has anyone faced anything similar.

2. I am replacing my old camera with a new one. The once coming from Mahindra is about 3.5K and one from aftermarket is 1.2K the camera is from a company called WorldTech.

Any suggestions.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote