Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2015, 16:37   #3436
SDP
Team-BHP Support
 
SDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,502
Thanked: 6,787 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
....According to the SA its a often reported issue with the initial batches of XUVs and often needs either a coil change or the evaporator replacement. And the process to do that gave me the shivers. The XUV parked in the bay had its entire front internals out... it was a fiery sight. The dash board, steering column, the center console everything was ripped out.
....
Sorry to hear about the trouble.

If you are anyways getting the dashboard opened, please get the new "External Air Flow Shutter" as well. That would solve the outside-smells-creeping-in issue.

More details here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3733816 (XUV 500 niggles and their solutions)

Please do keep us posted about the final costs.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 17:14   #3437
Team-BHP Support
 
Zappo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 5,500
Thanked: 1,830 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Sorry to hear about the trouble.

If you are anyways getting the dashboard opened, please get the new "External Air Flow Shutter" as well. That would solve the outside-smells-creeping-in issue.

More details here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3733816 (XUV 500 niggles and their solutions)

Please do keep us posted about the final costs.
Thanks for the headsup. Let me check on this with them. Although, I frankly never felt any external odor coming in with the recirculation mode on.

I have also asked him to re-paste the windshield. This is something pending for the last 3 years. During strong and persistent rains water comes inside the cabin and wets the floor carpet. SS suggested the windshield may have to be glued back once more but needs the vehicle to be there with them for a day. I think this is the apt time to get that done as well.

I am still not able to come to terms with that open dash and center console scene that I saw today. I earnestly hope that nothing starts rattling post reassembly. Or airbag and other malfunction errors don't start popping up.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 20:17   #3438
BHPian
 
Zahoor23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 111
Thanked: 316 Times
Default

Hi guys,
Got the infotainment system of my XUV W10 replaced at service center free of cost, they also took a test drive of the vehicle later and said it's working fine now(fingers crossed). May be am being a little paranoid but I did find the touch response to be slightly(marginally) better in the latest system when I was changing radio frequencies. It took 30 minutes for the replacement. Special thanks to diesel9999 for pointing out the infotainment system flaw in your ownership thread else i would have gone mad the first time it decided to go off abruptly! Had called up the RM yesterday to report the issue and she said that they are aware of it and told me to get the vehicle today and a software update/replacement will be provided based on the problem. But, they decided to replace the system may be they didn't want to risk it again this time after seeing a team-BHP sticker on it
Attached Thumbnails
XUV 500 niggles and their solutions-1438267525045.jpg  


Last edited by Zahoor23 : 30th July 2015 at 20:28.
Zahoor23 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 21:22   #3439
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 209
Thanked: 167 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahoor23 View Post
Got the infotainment system of my XUV W10 replaced at service center free of cost,
Hi Zahoor,

Do you have any idea if software version has changed in your replaced infotainment system? If so, can you give the details?
Indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 23:30   #3440
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
The space, the drive, handling of this monster is unmatched. Once you put your feet on accelerator, all these niggles become inconsequential. I also used to feel why people love XUV so much, once I drove it, I got the answer.
I have test driven the vehicle on quite a few occasions and found that the drive is fabulous but all said and done, when you put 20 lakhs on the table, you expect the vehicle to be thoroughly tested and tried before you drive it. You don't expect chrome linings to fall off, rattles happening in the dashboard, infotainment system having an issue - all in the first month of a launch!!

Sorry, not acceptable. Warranty is primarily meant to be an assurance that the car is of good quality but perchance you find a manufacturing defect we will take care of it. That's a sign of confidence.

With all due respects to the new age XUV owners, I feel they are brave test pilots for Mahindra. Of course, as a lover of XUV styling and drive, I feel sad that Mahindra is not managing it's QC well. Not just for current crop of owners but also for potential customers, would vote for quality above a long list of features - any day!
Sam Panch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2015, 11:47   #3441
BHPian
 
live2drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 523
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

One of the license plate bulb conked off. I am planning to replace those bulbs to LED. Are the bulbs of type W5W? I will order them before my next visit to the ASC.
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2015, 11:59   #3442
adu
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 91
Thanked: 49 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahoor23 View Post
Hi guys,
Got the infotainment system of my XUV W10 replaced at service center free of cost, they also took a test drive of the vehicle later and said it's working fine now(fingers crossed). May be am being a little paranoid but I did find the touch response to be slightly(marginally) better in the latest system when I was changing radio frequencies. It took 30 minutes for the replacement. Special thanks to diesel9999 for pointing out the infotainment system flaw in your ownership thread else i would have gone mad the first time it decided to go off abruptly! Had called up the RM yesterday to report the issue and she said that they are aware of it and told me to get the vehicle today and a software update/replacement will be provided based on the problem. But, they decided to replace the system may be they didn't want to risk it again this time after seeing a team-BHP sticker on it
In most of the cases, the MASS is replacing the unit itself as there are a lot of software compatibility issues they are facing. My SA told me that replacing the unit is the quickest and most efficient solution to ensure no future bugs given the ICE has various software loaded in it.
adu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2015, 18:22   #3443
BHPian
 
Zahoor23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 111
Thanked: 316 Times
Default

Hi people,
It's been less than 24 hours since my infotainment system was replaced and guess what it has the exact same problem like before. It hangs and switches off abruptly! Am absolutely speechless on this as I seriously don't understand why did mahindra chose to experiment everything on us. Called up my RM and reported the issue, as usual they've called me to service centre tomorrow. If the problem persists again, am definitely gonna write to Mr. Anand Mahindra.
Zahoor23 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2015, 00:41   #3444
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Delhi
Posts: 257
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

Thats one reason why I went for W6. Less the number of sensors, better the reliability factor is. Thankfully its behaving well so far. Keeping all my fingers crossed!
Storme_on_d_way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2015, 10:52   #3445
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 972
Thanked: 952 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Folks, I am hearing a thud sound from the suspension when maneuvering a speed breaker at some speed. If I do it slowly no sound comes. I am noticing this from today morning, any idea why this is happening. I sense the bushes have become hard and making this sound. My 1st service is nearing and have noted it down to inform SA.
fusionbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 18:52   #3446
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 972
Thanked: 952 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Folks, I am hearing a thud sound from the suspension when maneuvering a speed breaker at some speed. If I do it slowly no sound comes. I am noticing this from today morning, any idea why this is happening. I sense the bushes have become hard and making this sound. My 1st service is nearing and have noted it down to inform SA.
Suddenly the sound seems to have disappeared and I don't hear any thud sound from the suspension. Hope it holds good the same way for ever and I don't want to have niggles in my car.
fusionbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 19:53   #3447
BHPian
 
bejoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 587
Thanked: 364 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Suddenly the sound seems to have disappeared and I don't hear any thud sound from the suspension. Hope it holds good the same way for ever and I don't want to have niggles in my car.
Is it during the rain? Or after the rain, in wet conditions? I get a sound when the shocks work over the humps, after a drive through the rains. Need to check with the ASC.
bejoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 20:00   #3448
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 972
Thanked: 952 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Is it during the rain? Or after the rain, in wet conditions? I get a sound when the shocks work over the humps, after a drive through the rains. Need to check with the ASC.
During rain, I do hear that noise I am not sure why it is coming up. But the noise I was talking about was during normal conditions. The sound comes as if the tyre will fall down any moment when I go over a speedbreaker. Anyway even if it has vanished on it's own i will get it checked during my first service visit, I am guessing it to be an issue with the suspension bushes as faced by few owners earlier.

Wish Mahindra does a upgrade for the suspension on pre-facelift models do it if you are following this thread.
fusionbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2015, 12:37   #3449
BHPian
 
peterjim13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kochi/S.Bathery
Posts: 381
Thanked: 249 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
During rain, I do hear that noise I am not sure why it is coming up. But the noise I was talking about was during normal conditions. The sound comes as if the tyre will fall down any moment when I go over a speedbreaker. Anyway even if it has vanished on it's own i will get it checked during my first service visit, I am guessing it to be an issue with the suspension bushes as faced by few owners earlier.

Wish Mahindra does a upgrade for the suspension on pre-facelift models do it if you are following this thread.
Fusionbang : I had a similar issue. In the beginning it was with the suspension bushes on top. Which was sorted with a better fixing bush. A few months back, I had posted on a noise something similar to what you had mentioned especially on patchy roads, i mean pretty bad roads. This was from the left passenger area and the vibration was felt under the passenger feet.

Though it took some time to identify, the issue was sorted when Mahindra gave me new set of suspension for free.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2015, 17:33   #3450
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: bangalore
Posts: 211
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Has anybody come across an oil leak visible along the Intake hose plumbing from the Intake Air Filter to the Turbo? My friend's XUV which has just finished 2 years of ownership and covered 30,000 KMS, I found this during a Routine Fuel System cleaning procedure. I think it is from the Turbo seals which is leaking oil, and this must have been running and getting burnt all along into the combustion chamber. Do check the pics, and if any body has faced it, do ping back as to what could be wrong here?
Remember seeing a similar Ertiga a while back, which then proved to have a turbo seal failure.
Attached Thumbnails
XUV 500 niggles and their solutions-20150804_125946.jpg  

gopa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Metro and City Discrimination By Mahindra- XUV 500 Launch anjan_c2007 The Indian Car Scene 18 29th November 2011 15:10
Niggles, problems (Tyre and Stalling) in Palio 1.6 Sports 2007 anurag_p80 Technical Stuff 31 19th July 2010 17:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks