Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2015, 02:40   #3586
BHPian
 
fiery enzyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TN 01
Posts: 412
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Hi Djpeesh, until you can take it to the ASS for the AC problem, try tapping on the console right about next to where passenger right foot will be. This should make the AC work ( if your problem is that airflow is available but no cooling) . Apparently there is a valve there for the compressor which can go loose. I did a Chennai-Mangalore-Chennai trip like that tapping every time I start or when the cooling stops. Just a tip to avoid sweaty rides. :-)
fiery enzyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2015, 09:49   #3587
BHPian
 
djpeesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 537
Thanked: 635 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
Hi Djpeesh, until you can take it to the ASS for the AC problem, try tapping on the console right about next to where passenger right foot will be. This should make the AC work ( if your problem is that airflow is available but no cooling) . Apparently there is a valve there for the compressor which can go loose. I did a Chennai-Mangalore-Chennai trip like that tapping every time I start or when the cooling stops. Just a tip to avoid sweaty rides. :-)
Thanks. That actually worked! Ac is back on.





Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt View Post
Djpeesh, unbelievable , your list of issues would put a state transport bus to shame. When did you buy this car ? I thought that for xuv owners there was a purple club with a dedicated officer assigned in case of any problems in order to ensure minimum customer discomfort and prompt service.
The purple club is a joke! My first couple of relationship managers quit and I have no clue on who the latest chap is.

I'm giving up on the xuv. Thinking of either fortuner or Santa Fe.
djpeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2015, 10:21   #3588
BHPian
 
Vasuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Venice of East
Posts: 305
Thanked: 178 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I had given my XUV for the aircon work some times back. Since it came back it has developed a strange new habit. While firing up the engine 9 out of 10 times the rear demister switches on automatically. What could this be due to?
I had a similar experience.

MY RM tolde me this might be due to weak battery. Change the battery & lo the problem solved.
Vasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2015, 14:28   #3589
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 9
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

An update on the minor niggles faced in my month of ownership
  • A slight rattle from the left side (door or dashboard).
    They tightened and greased a few parts in the door. Sound has reduced but not gone away. Will follow up as part of the first service.
  • A plastic part (near top left edge of the bonnet) was not fitted properly and had one side sticking out. Was aligned and adjusted in the body shop. Problem solved.
  • Static noise while taking calls
    This was the main one. Calls which last more than 3-4 minutes would have a static noise (regular but not continuous) appear in the background. The noise only appears when phone calls are taken through the infotainment system (via Bluetooth). No issue with playing music, radio or otherwise. The technician consulted Nippon and they have acknowledged that they are working on a fix for this. Next version of the firmware should fix the problem.
mark_iv is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2015, 11:52   #3590
Newbie
 
knsivakumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 21
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Update: Took my car to the service centre of another dealer. He identified the oil leakage source to be a worn out washer attached to 'plunger'. Fixed it. Costed almost nothing. No more leakage now, as observed over 48 hours. I admire the guts of the first service rep who suggested replacement of timing case for this!! Will have to find a good non-dealer mechanic for XUV. Any suggestions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by knsivakumar View Post
Hi, I had given my XUV (July 2013 model) for general check-up today, since I am planning for a long drive next week. Usage is not high - just done 19,000 kms. I had noticed some oil leak in my parking lot. The service advisor called to say that there is leakage in the timing case and TC needs to be replaced. Rs. 7,500 is the cost of parts and Rs. 5,500 is the labour cost. Since there is no damage to timing case and the dealer does not stock bush/washers etc that can stop leak, I am being advised to change the TC. Requesting members to advise if this is really necessary or if the replacement idea is an overkill. I am uncomfortable with the idea of engine being dismounted completely, TC changed and remounted, for a simple . Thanks.
knsivakumar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 00:22   #3591
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 181
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Asking for a friend:

He purchased XUV500 in 2014. He wants to swap the lights, grill, bumper and bonnet from the new XUV500 (facelift 2015) into his car. Is it possible?

Mechanically I personally felt its possible, except the new lights might need some wiring etc to be upgraded.
barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 13:02   #3592
Senior - BHPian
 
faithless_1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,516
Thanked: 181 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Posted about the issue am facing here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3829815 (2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review)

Anybody else who faced this issue ? How do i escalate this ? Cant believe i am posting in this thread so soon, great job Mahindra !
faithless_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 13:17   #3593
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,295
Thanked: 1,218 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Posted about the issue am facing here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3829815 (2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review)

Anybody else who faced this issue ? How do i escalate this ? Cant believe i am posting in this thread so soon, great job Mahindra !
Does it happen to you while accelerating the car in 4th and 6th gear? The Gear knob vibrates and it does make a noise, I am facing this issue, Is yours similar or Same?
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 13:22   #3594
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 1,909
Thanked: 1,909 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Posted about the issue am facing here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3829815 (2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review)

Anybody else who faced this issue ? How do i escalate this ? Cant believe i am posting in this thread so soon, great job Mahindra !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Does it happen to you while accelerating the car in 4th and 6th gear? The Gear knob vibrates and it does make a noise, I am facing this issue, Is yours similar or Same?
Experienced the same on a friends XUV that has run around 2k kms, in 4th gear .
I really doubt if it can be the clutch plates as mentioned in the other thread.

Sounded more like the transmission vibes getting through to the gear lever which makes the noise.
Was a normal feature on the old Mahindra jeeps.
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 13:26   #3595
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,295
Thanked: 1,218 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Experienced the same on a friends XUV that has run around 2k kms, in 4th gear .
I really doubt if it can be the clutch plates as mentioned in the other thread.

Sounded more like the transmission vibes getting through to the gear lever which makes the noise.
Was a normal feature on the old Mahindra jeeps.
Yes i doubt if its related to the clutch plates, Also for me happens only if i am accelerating in a tad hurry, It won't happen if i am just cruising. I had reported this issue to the Service center during my first 5k servicing, But they had completely ignored this issue. Waiting for the 10k Servicing now.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 18:54   #3596
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 24
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Yes i doubt if its related to the clutch plates, Also for me happens only if i am accelerating in a tad hurry, It won't happen if i am just cruising. I had reported this issue to the Service center during my first 5k servicing, But they had completely ignored this issue. Waiting for the 10k Servicing now.
Hi Tanveer,

Same kind of Noise I also felt in my XUV but it took time to find the fault but at last it got resolved.

In my first visit, mechanic at the workshop did some adjustment with the gear wire and the pulley which is beneath the gear handle ( after removing the console near to gear lever) and the vibration at 4th and 6th gear reduces significantly but it was still there, so I took the car and came back.

After some time, I started noticing the vibration and noise again and I took the vehicle to the workshop, this time a different mechanic was assigned and he was experienced chap and he caught the issue, there is a bolt for handbrake adjustment ( the console besides the gear lever needs to be removed to access the bolt), that bolt is placed with a metal clip, if that bolt is loose then your handbrake will also not work properly and you will hear vibration in 4th and 6th gear, so he tighten up the screw and the vibration was gone and handbrake also got more effective.
Adesh.Singh is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 19:40   #3597
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,295
Thanked: 1,218 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adesh.Singh View Post
Hi Tanveer,

Same kind of Noise I also felt in my XUV but it took time to find the fault but at last it got resolved.

In my first visit, mechanic at the workshop did some adjustment with the gear wire and the pulley which is beneath the gear handle ( after removing the console near to gear lever) and the vibration at 4th and 6th gear reduces significantly but it was still there, so I took the car and came back.

After some time, I started noticing the vibration and noise again and I took the vehicle to the workshop, this time a different mechanic was assigned and he was experienced chap and he caught the issue, there is a bolt for handbrake adjustment ( the console besides the gear lever needs to be removed to access the bolt), that bolt is placed with a metal clip, if that bolt is loose then your handbrake will also not work properly and you will hear vibration in 4th and 6th gear, so he tighten up the screw and the vibration was gone and handbrake also got more effective.
Hello, Thanks for the update, This is the first thing i want to get rectified in my 2nd service! The vibration noise is just too much for me and unfortunately the time i had sent my car for the first service, They were not even aware about what i am talking about, I will be changing the workshop this time and going there personally to explain them this.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 12:54   #3598
Senior - BHPian
 
faithless_1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,516
Thanked: 181 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Does it happen to you while accelerating the car in 4th and 6th gear? The Gear knob vibrates and it does make a noise, I am facing this issue, Is yours similar or Same?
Bingo ! So am not the chosen one, phew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Experienced the same on a friends XUV that has run around 2k kms, in 4th gear .
I really doubt if it can be the clutch plates as mentioned in the other thread.

Sounded more like the transmission vibes getting through to the gear lever which makes the noise.
Was a normal feature on the old Mahindra jeeps.
I had the same doubt so asked the RM not to tinker with the clutch.
They made some adjustments and the noise has reduced to some extent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adesh.Singh View Post

After some time, I started noticing the vibration and noise again and I took the vehicle to the workshop, this time a different mechanic was assigned and he was experienced chap and he caught the issue, there is a bolt for handbrake adjustment ( the console besides the gear lever needs to be removed to access the bolt), that bolt is placed with a metal clip, if that bolt is loose then your handbrake will also not work properly and you will hear vibration in 4th and 6th gear, so he tighten up the screw and the vibration was gone and handbrake also got more effective.
Thanks a lot ! Will definitely try this ,hope it works.

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 21st October 2015 at 12:55.
faithless_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 19:38   #3599
Newbie
 
TrailBlazer007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 14
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Updates on niggles after 12.5k kms in 8 months. Fairly happy and satisfied with the vehicle till now. Would take these up with the service station the coming Monday-
1) Slight rubbery feel on engaging 1st gear. Happens early mornings and occurrence is limited to twice or thrice every week. Minor.
2 )RR tyre swapped message pops up randomly after the second service. Irritant.
3) Some sort of grinding noise is heard from inside, like metal rubbing against metal, probably from the back seats or the boot, while going over even slightly bad patches. This was proclaimed as fixed in the second service but has worsened. Major irritant.
4) I hear some noise while engaging hand brake. Don't know whether it is normal.
5) I feel that the car shudders more than what it should while shutting the engine off. If anyone with an XUV around BTM could meet up and help tally this and other things, it would be great.
TrailBlazer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2015, 23:26   #3600
BHPian
 
PADAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 66
Thanked: 49 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Faced an issue with reverse camera during today's Thrissur - Bangalore trip. While engaging the reverse camera the infotainment system displayed a pink screen as in attached picture . Was intermittent and happened few times through the trip. Any one else who had faced similar issue ?
Attached Thumbnails
XUV 500 niggles and their solutions-img_0103.jpg  

PADAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Metro and City Discrimination By Mahindra- XUV 500 Launch anjan_c2007 The Indian Car Scene 18 29th November 2011 15:10
Niggles, problems (Tyre and Stalling) in Palio 1.6 Sports 2007 anurag_p80 Technical Stuff 31 19th July 2010 17:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks