Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2016, 23:06   #4006
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 5
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

I have read through all of the pages in this discussion and quite surprisingly actually got more confident about the XUV. Booked it 2 weeks back and got a call from dealer today morning that the vehicle had reached the showroom. Rushed in to have my first look at it and promptly fell in love.



They were planning the Pre-Delivery Inspection today and i asked if i could join. Some interesting observations and equally weird responses i got from the service guys.

Did a physical inspection of car. Everything looked fine. The Automatic badge is chrome with the alphabets painted black. In my car the "t" alone had no color in it. Asked the sales guy about it and his response was "Mahindra has changed the design and all new cars come like that". Just as he said that another XUV Automatic passed by with all alphabets painted black and i showed him that. He again responds - "That XUV is previous batch". Now i was not really bothered about it. But that attitude was not very encouraging.

Next comes the best one. There was a guy sitting in the car with a laptop. Possibly checking the ICE because he had a USB cable connected to the console. I walk up to him and ask him where the OBDII port was on the vehicle. (Reason was i am one of the unfortunate guys to have pre-booked a Navdy HUD and wanted to be ready whenever that comes). The look on his face was priceless. He had no clue what i just asked him. Luckily the sales guy saw my shock and got someone else to answer that for me.

So not the best start but i hope things pan out well. Looking forward to a long lasting friendship with the service guys but am up for it.
kiranmohandas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2016, 01:09   #4007
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,307
Thanked: 1,245 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranmohandas View Post
I
Did a physical inspection of car. Everything looked fine. The Automatic badge is chrome with the alphabets painted black. In my car the "t" alone had no color in it. Asked the sales guy about it and his response was "Mahindra has changed the design and all new cars come like that". Just as he said that another XUV Automatic passed by with all alphabets painted black and i showed him that. He again responds - "That XUV is previous batch". Now i was not really bothered about it. But that attitude was not very encouraging.

Next comes the best one. There was a guy sitting in the car with a laptop. Possibly checking the ICE because he had a USB cable connected to the console. I walk up to him and ask him where the OBDII port was on the vehicle. (Reason was i am one of the unfortunate guys to have pre-booked a Navdy HUD and wanted to be ready whenever that comes). The look on his face was priceless. He had no clue what i just asked him. Luckily the sales guy saw my shock and got someone else to answer that for me.

So not the best start but i hope things pan out well. Looking forward to a long lasting friendship with the service guys but am up for it.
Can surely understand, Please expect such things to happen even while you deal with the service centres when you give your car for servicing, I have had a hard time in making the service centre guys whats a HUD, Which Mahindra themselves sell it as an accessory for the car! Worst thing is they disconnected the wire some how and after i called them up, Tried to make them understand (2-3) People whats a HUD, Still they had no clue!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2016, 01:17   #4008
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 303
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

I wouldn't blame Mahindra too much.
Given the number of people they have to train, there is only so much time they can devote to each person.

Moreover there is a high prevalence of "monkey see monkey do". The trainee memorises what the trainer does and mimics his actions with no attempt to really understand what he is being taught.

In other words, like much of the Indian system of education, they are taught to "remember the procedure, not the principle".

If you had asked him where he had plugged in the diagnostic cable he would have showed you. You confused him when you uttered words like OBD that he has no knowledge of. All he knows is jack in this cable to the car "here" and to the laptop "here", click on this icon, look for these values. If there is a difference then type in the correct value (which he has mugged up).

Last edited by pillainp : 25th September 2016 at 01:21.
pillainp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2016, 10:38   #4009
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 5
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Can surely understand, Please expect such things to happen even while you deal with the service centres when you give your car for servicing, I have had a hard time in making the service centre guys whats a HUD, Which Mahindra themselves sell it as an accessory for the car! Worst thing is they disconnected the wire some how and after i called them up, Tried to make them understand (2-3) People whats a HUD, Still they had no clue!
Agree. That was the second part of the OBD story. The second mechanic knew the OBD port but didnt know what the HUD was. Showed them a video of Navdy from Youtube to explain.
kiranmohandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2016, 17:43   #4010
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 32
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Hi Kiranmohandas, congrats for coming to xuv 500 family. The Automatic monogram in Xuv 500 has embedded black cheap sticker also on each alphabet which comes out soon. When I got my car few days back, alphabet t and m were 25 per peeled which I used glue and now it's fine. The main chrome monogram will remain. It black sticker for each alphabet will peel out soon. So be happy.

@Falconion, the rust issue for bonnet has been scrubbed and painted and as per my request they didn't remove the bonnet.

There were few other paint finish issues which they have completed on Saturday evening.

One more point I wanted to cover, the Bluetooth connectivity of Xuv and iPhone. The car screen keeps showing phone connected / phone disconnected at regular intervals in idle mode. If phone is being used for call or music then it remains connected. Is it normal?
Also, tiretronics option in blue sense app always shows air pressure as 29.5 in all Tyres. Is it Norma. Never shows exact cake if I'm filling air at gas station.

Thanks, Sanjeev
SanjeevKalra is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 09:03   #4011
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,122
Thanked: 438 Times
Default

Guys advice needed.

I would be driving soon to Mumbai from Delhi. I got my xuv w6 serviced from outside however they were not able to connect their system to erase service reminder. Now i dont have time to go to service center for this.
So the question is: Does the reminder on the screen keeps on coming while driving or only once whenever you start the engine? If its only once then i can drive down and maybe get it removed once i reach Mumbai or back in Delhi. Anyone??

Last edited by nitinralli : 26th September 2016 at 09:07.
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 09:19   #4012
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 2,869
Thanked: 3,348 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Guys advice needed.

I would be driving soon to Mumbai from Delhi. I got my xuv w6 serviced from outside however they were not able to connect their system to erase service reminder. Now i dont have time to go to service center for this.
So the question is: Does the reminder on the screen keeps on coming while driving or only once whenever you start the engine? If its only once then i can drive down and maybe get it removed once i reach Mumbai or back in Delhi. Anyone??
Hello Nitin, here are the screen shots from MAN00147-XUV500___Maintenance Manual_Rev1 about DIS Service Interval Reminder Reset ‐ Procedure.

XUV 500 niggles and their solutions-mmxuv-service-reminder-reset1.jpg

XUV 500 niggles and their solutions-mmxuv-service-reminder-reset2.jpg

XUV 500 niggles and their solutions-mmxuv-service-reminder-reset3.jpg

XUV 500 niggles and their solutions-mmxuv-service-reminder-reset4.jpg

XUV 500 niggles and their solutions-mmxuv-service-reminder-reset5.jpg
AutoIndian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 09:32   #4013
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,122
Thanked: 438 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hello Nitin, here are the screen shots from MAN00147-XUV500___Maintenance Manual_Rev1 about DIS Service Interval Reminder Reset ‐ Procedure.
Thanks AutoIndian, i already have this manual from day one, infact after reading through this only i have this concern.
In the manual it says reminder comes when you start the engine and car is above 10 kmph. My concern is that i hope that this warning does not keep repeating itself all the time while i am driving.
Have you ever experienced this situation?
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 09:58   #4014
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 396
Thanked: 159 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevKalra View Post
Also, tiretronics option in blue sense app always shows air pressure as 29.5 in all Tyres. Is it Norma. Never shows exact cake if I'm filling air at gas station.
I have been informed by my SA that it is normal for the blue sense app to show a difference of upto 3. According to him, I should not bother, as long as the MID shows "Ok".

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
My concern is that i hope that this warning does not keep repeating itself all the time while i am driving.
Have you ever experienced this situation?
I have a March 2016 manufactured XUV500. I got the first service done @ 5100- 5200 kms. The service reminder was not irritating as far as I can recollect. It would come up once or twice in a day (probably on starting the engine), and then sit as an exclamation mark on the top right hand side of the screen. Infact my second service will fall in the middle of a road trip and am wondering if i can delay it till i return!
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 22:01   #4015
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,122
Thanked: 438 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post

I have a March 2016 manufactured XUV500. I got the first service done @ 5100- 5200 kms. The service reminder was not irritating as far as I can recollect. It would come up once or twice in a day (probably on starting the engine), and then sit as an exclamation mark on the top right hand side of the screen. Infact my second service will fall in the middle of a road trip and am wondering if i can delay it till i return!
Ohh i remember now. You are right, the warning just comes once when you start and after that it goes away with just the mark remaining on the screen. Thanks for reminding me. Now i can just ignore it and drive peacefully to mumbai
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2016, 19:48   #4016
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 396
Thanked: 159 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

6 months and 6,500 kms later, I get the first "infotainment" related niggle. While returning from work, the car went over a very very minor rough patch of road, and the infotainment panel decided to reboot itself! Not sure if it was due to me playing music off a pen-drive. Before this, my car has gone over worse patches without any glitch. Will see if it recurs and at what frequency, before taking it up with Mahindra.
ajayclicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 00:52   #4017
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,307
Thanked: 1,245 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
6 months and 6,500 kms later, I get the first "infotainment" related niggle. While returning from work, the car went over a very very minor rough patch of road, and the infotainment panel decided to reboot itself! Not sure if it was due to me playing music off a pen-drive. Before this, my car has gone over worse patches without any glitch. Will see if it recurs and at what frequency, before taking it up with Mahindra.
Yes, It happens! Nothing to worry its nothing serious and it reboots back to working normally! Just another one of those Mahindra niggles we have to live with.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 09:06   #4018
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 396
Thanked: 159 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Yes, It happens! Nothing to worry its nothing serious and it reboots back to working normally! Just another one of those Mahindra niggles we have to live with.
I was hoping that my niggles are limited to an odd squeak or rattle. Will live with this one as long as it does not recur frequently.
ajayclicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2016, 14:54   #4019
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 16
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Hello tbhpians!


What is the latest version of the infotainment system of the first generation XUV?
raj.singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2016, 10:59   #4020
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Shimla
Posts: 64
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Hello BHP'ians!

The Tacho on my XUV where the gear position and the Kilometers done is displayed (the red area to the left of the Temperature Gauge in the old gen XUV) has a dark patch. It appears as a small patch on the red screen. The area is faded a little and has got dark. The color difference is not too prominent but on closer inspection its an eye sore.
I took the vehicle to the service center, the technician told its the first time he saw this issue and could not offer any explanation.

Has anyone experienced this in their XUV's, any possible explanation as to how it might have happened and the possible solution to it.

Thanks in Advance
Ritesh_Dogar is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Metro and City Discrimination By Mahindra- XUV 500 Launch anjan_c2007 The Indian Car Scene 18 29th November 2011 15:10
Niggles, problems (Tyre and Stalling) in Palio 1.6 Sports 2007 anurag_p80 Technical Stuff 31 19th July 2010 17:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks