Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2016, 19:37   #4051
BHPian
 
muke31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 182
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Today, i noticed an issue with my New age XUV (W10) ICE, i was listening to radio while driving within city and strangely the audio volume kept decreasing suddenly and increasing again, i checked if speed sensing is enabled but no. is this an ICE issue?

-AM
muke31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 00:32   #4052
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 1,208 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
Today, i noticed an issue with my New age XUV (W10) ICE, i was listening to radio while driving within city and strangely the audio volume kept decreasing suddenly and increasing again, i checked if speed sensing is enabled but no. is this an ICE issue?

-AM
Yup common issue, Happens with me too, Do you have the latest infotainment system update with all the car animations? I just got mine updated (Finally) And yet to experience any bug.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 13:04   #4053
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 1,016
Thanked: 1,377 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I just got mine updated (Finally) And yet to experience any bug.
What are the noticeable changes over last version? Anything positive other than bug fixes? Mine is not having any trouble so I would be particularly telling service centre guys to not touch and upgrade! Why fix something that is not "yet" broken!
abirnale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 14:46   #4054
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 1,208 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
What are the noticeable changes over last version? Anything positive other than bug fixes? Mine is not having any trouble so I would be particularly telling service centre guys to not touch and upgrade! Why fix something that is not "yet" broken!
These were the issues i was facing with the stock version of the infotainment system,

1. Volume would increase or decrease on its own, Regardless of the speed.
2. Bass, Treble & Mid would return back to middle level everytime the car was restarted.
3. Brightness was reduced everytime the car was restarted
4. Infotainment system freezes regularly.

These were occurring very frequently for me, After the update and using it for 2 days, Touchwood none of them or any other bugs i have experienced, Also the animations on the newer version looks very cool! Ill post some pictures soon.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 18:06   #4055
BHPian
 
muke31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 182
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Yup common issue, Happens with me too, Do you have the latest infotainment system update with all the car animations? I just got mine updated (Finally) And yet to experience any bug.
Today i visited Sireesh, Marathalli and upgraded Infotainment, it looks nice and the volume issue is fixed with this upgrade.

-AM
muke31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 18:26   #4056
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 1,208 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
Today i visited Sireesh, Marathalli and upgraded Infotainment, it looks nice and the volume issue is fixed with this upgrade.

-AM
Indeed the volume issue is fixed, What i liked about the new update is the smoothness of the animation, I still wonder when would mahindra reveal the WIFI feature for it, Would be pretty useful, I still have to connect the infotainment system to my phone to check how is the app behaving after the infotainment system update.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 23:09   #4057
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Nomad.. Hyd
Posts: 100
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Yup common issue, Happens with me too, Do you have the latest infotainment system update with all the car animations? I just got mine updated (Finally) And yet to experience any bug.
Hi Tanveer I have not faced any bugs with the ICE yet but when I went for my first service way back in Jul the service guys had not yet got the upgrade or rather downloaded it. For everyone's benefit can you please post the screenshots of the version numbers of the ICE, MMI & display. I would also require the latest ecu update version and date if possible this can be found from your service guy or relationship manager.
PS: I am dependent on a relatively small service center at Durgapur, which is not exclusive for Cheetahs and there aren't many around either. Hence the updates take their own sweet time to reach here.
Thanks..
RajeVenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 15:05   #4058
BHPian
 
rishie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 121
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartman View Post
Hello AutoIndian,

The following are the visual differences noticed by me in the springs along with the reasons as studied from the tien website:
1. The weight of the Tien Springs are considerably more than that of the original stock ones. This is due to a special alloy used by Tien to give the springs better flexibility as well as robustness
2. The springs themselves are the same size as the stock springs so there in no change in any configuration when installing them
3. The rear springs have a brown dampener that is set out at the lower part of the spring. This dampener is supposed to give the rear a better ride quality and reduce the overall jumpiness of the car
4. The number of coils in the rear spring are more than the original. This also helps when you have a fully loaded car.

A very important point to e noted that i forgot to mention before is that the XUV 500 has alignment options for both front and rear wheels, so when you install the springs, both the front and rear need to be adjusted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartman View Post
Hey,

As of right now, there is still tossing of the passengers in the middle row but it has become comparatively lesser. The last time i got driven by my driver, i noticed that it was easier to work on my laptop when sitting in the middle row. But the most comfort is till felt by the driver and the front passenger as these springs feel like you are driving a sedan and not a SUV. I have received this comment by many friends as well as car service providers (Wheel Aligner, A/C Servicer, ICE setup specialist and not like it counts but my RM at Mahindra too). If you.

In my honest opinion, it is a worth upgrade if you don't mind the cost of the product and the headache the RM will try to give you blaming everything that goes wrong in the car to the changed springs.

Hope this helps.

-Kartik
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk7671 View Post
I agree too. Thanks to Kartman, I changed mine too. Not a drastic change from a comfort perspective, but I feel very confident with the new springs. It is tough to explain but there was a funny way the stock springs use to behave when you go over cobblestone kinda surface. With the Tiens, thats no more the case. The springs are firm and give you a sporty feel. When you corner hard, the lateral acceleration cornering force is for sure something that you will love. Am sure its around 0.80 to 0.85g. It corners as flat as possible. These just cost me 34K installed. These along with the Deiseltronic ECU make my beast a fun to drive machine.
I am also looking for getting the teins installed on my new age XUV W8. My major issue is that family is complaining about too much bumpy ride, especially in the middle row. It would be of great help if I get the long term feedback on the teins and of any issues faced during this term (both in terms of comfort and service related).

I confirmed that they are available at bangalore, and got a quote of 35000/- for the springs and 3000/- for installation.
rishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 15:45   #4059
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 45
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishie View Post
I am also looking for getting the teins installed on my new age XUV W8. My major issue is that family is complaining about too much bumpy ride, especially in the middle row. It would be of great help if I get the long term feedback on the teins and of any issues faced during this term (both in terms of comfort and service related).

I confirmed that they are available at bangalore, and got a quote of 35000/- for the springs and 3000/- for installation.
Please note that the tiens do not give you a plush ride but are on the firmer side. The ride will be sporty and I love them so far. But going over bumps and bad roads, go as fast as you can and they will surprise you.
sk7671 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 15:51   #4060
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 965
Thanked: 939 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk7671 View Post
Please note that the tiens do not give you a plush ride but are on the firmer side. The ride will be sporty and I love them so far. But going over bumps and bad roads, go as fast as you can and they will surprise you.
+1 to that. Slow speeds on this beast makes the ride bumpy and you will have too much body roll. Going over the rumble strips or bad roads at some speed will definitely improve the ride quality and make it smooth (Personally experienced - stock setup). I usually dont slow down on patchy roads and rumble strips.
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 15:55   #4061
BHPian
 
rishie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 121
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk7671 View Post
Please note that the tiens do not give you a plush ride but are on the firmer side. The ride will be sporty and I love them so far. But going over bumps and bad roads, go as fast as you can and they will surprise you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
+1 to that. Slow speeds on this beast makes the ride bumpy and you will have too much body roll. Going over the rumble strips or bad roads at some speed will definitely improve the ride quality and make it smooth (Personally experienced - stock setup). I usually dont slow down on patchy roads and rumble strips.
Thanks for the quick reply, SK7671.

From Kartman's experience, middle row tossing has become less comparatively, and front is going to be much better. Are the tiens going to make the bumpiness worse?

I am looking for some solution which can reduce the bumpiness for middle row, and little better comfort for front row. When I drive around small bumps (rumble strips) or potholes around 15-20kmph, the way XUV body moves sideways is too much. At higher speeds (around 90-100kmph) I found XUV to be planted more, but when I go over the ridges over a bridge, there is too much of vertical movement, as complained by my wifey.

Last edited by rishie : 2nd December 2016 at 16:04.
rishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 18:01   #4062
SDP
Team-BHP Support
 
SDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,486
Thanked: 6,751 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishie View Post
....
I am looking for some solution which can reduce the bumpiness for middle row, and little better comfort for front row. When I drive around small bumps (rumble strips) or potholes around 15-20kmph, the way XUV body moves sideways is too much. At higher speeds (around 90-100kmph) I found XUV to be planted more, but when I go over the ridges over a bridge, there is too much of vertical movement, as complained by my wifey.
I believe the trick is - either slow down to crawling speed (5-10kmph) or pick up speed, take a chance of a surprise pothole catching you out and take the same stretch at 50-60kmph.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 19:25   #4063
Senior - BHPian
 
Surprise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,262
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Anyone here replaced the steering grip of W8 model?

Surface of my steering wheel has worn out & when enquired to replace, the advisor mentioned it comes with the full set and costs somewhere closer to 25k. In that case, leather cover stitch is the only option, but given the shape of the wheel, none of the accessory shops were confident enough on a seamless finish. Any inputs?
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 19:30   #4064
SDP
Team-BHP Support
 
SDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,486
Thanked: 6,751 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Anyone here replaced the steering grip of W8 model?

Surface of my steering wheel has worn out & when enquired to replace, the advisor mentioned it comes with the full set and costs somewhere closer to 25k. In that case, leather cover stitch is the only option, but given the shape of the wheel, none of the accessory shops were confident enough on a seamless finish. Any inputs?
Your XUV not under warranty? Push for warranty-replacement if possible.

Leather cover stitch should not be a big problem. The thumb-contours would lose a bit of shape, but that would still be better looking than a worn-out steering wheel.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 20:19   #4065
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 1,208 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
Hi Tanveer I have not faced any bugs with the ICE yet but when I went for my first service way back in Jul the service guys had not yet got the upgrade or rather downloaded it. For everyone's benefit can you please post the screenshots of the version numbers of the ICE, MMI & display. I would also require the latest ecu update version and date if possible this can be found from your service guy or relationship manager.
PS: I am dependent on a relatively small service center at Durgapur, which is not exclusive for Cheetahs and there aren't many around either. Hence the updates take their own sweet time to reach here.
Thanks..
Well, Least for me, I have started facing a different set of niggles now with the new update,

1. Navigation doesn't work
2. System Restarts on its own
3. Reverse camera hangs at times

I will post some pictures of the version number and UI soon.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Metro and City Discrimination By Mahindra- XUV 500 Launch anjan_c2007 The Indian Car Scene 18 29th November 2011 15:10
Niggles, problems (Tyre and Stalling) in Palio 1.6 Sports 2007 anurag_p80 Technical Stuff 31 19th July 2010 17:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:55.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks