Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 26th November 2011, 12:15   #1
Exclamation Skoda Octavia at 175k kms- Suspension, Brakes, Axles etc overhaul query

I need urgent help in understanding if this is a valid situation. my mechanic told me that my Skoda Octavia needs a suspension overhaul, shock absorbers, disc brakes and axle changes as they have all work out and are making a reasonable noise. I have done 175000 kms in the last 5-1/2 years.

Would also appreciate an insight as to what I can expect the bill for this to be and what is the best way to proceed on this.

Thank you for all your help.

Warm regards,
9810184403 - happy to have a chat too!
metanoia75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2011, 12:54   #2
Team-BHP Support
Default Re: Skoda Octavia at 175k kms- Suspension, Brakes, Axles etc overhaul query

metanoia75, Please explain the issues in detail to get answers for your query.
  • Was the Suspension overhauled earlier?
  • What's the exact issue with the suspension? Sagging, Noises, tire wear etc
  • Did you spot any leakage in shock absorbers? It is visible in Oil types.
  • What's wrong with the brakes? Are the Discs worn? Any maintenance history
  • What's with the axles? Do they make kat-kat noise at full lock? Is the axle boot ok?
  • How much is the ASC quoting for this?
  • If you plan to get it done from some independent workshop, can they get you genuine spares? Do the mechanics know their work?
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote