Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 22nd December 2011, 09:38   #16
Default Re: Accent CRDi - Piston Sleeve Crushed like EggShell

Originally Posted by DarkLordOfSith View Post

Lakshmi Hyundai called.

They said, they would be replacing the parts and that Kusalava Hyundai would be sending the parts.

I have a couple of questions :

1. They said, they would be replacing only 1 piston. Is that adviceable ?
Shouldn't all the pistons have same amounts of wear and tear ? Would this change compression ratios ?

2. Should I be paying for the service/labour charges ? Or should I be fighting for them as well ?
In cases like mine, should I be paying anything, anything at all ? Like for Engine Oil, Oil Seals etc ?
Changing 1 piston and sleeve should be fine.But one has to find out the real cause of the failuer.It can be a wrong dia sleeve or failed piston bore of the block is widened.If the reason is the second one, then replacement of the block has to be considered, just changing the sleeve wont serve the purpose. As you have brought all spares from Hyundai, chances of getting one sleeve wrong is remote...
Idealy you shouldnt be paying any thing and you should request hyundai to give a stand by..

Last edited by Rajith : 22nd December 2011 at 09:39.
Rajith is offline   Reply With Quote