Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Closed Thread

Old 16th March 2006, 14:43   #1
BHPian

Default revs too high during fst 5 mins...

I have a problem with my Ford Ikon, every time the car is started for the first time during any particular day, the car's revs do not come down for the first 5 minutes of driving. Whenever the clutch and the brakes are applied when on first gear,the revs go up so high that it sounds as if I am driving with the choke ON.But after 5 minutes it comes down even if I'm driving in the first gear.

Help me out on what could be the problem with my car? I feel it will damage the car if it continues to do so regularly.What are the ways to reduce it? Please help me out with it!!!
Old 16th March 2006, 14:59   #2
BHPian

please go through the forums before you post , this has been answered several times already.
Old 16th March 2006, 16:24   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by babe_on_wheels
I have a problem with my Ford Ikon, every time the car is started for the first time during any particular day, the car's revs do not come down for the first 5 minutes of driving. Whenever the clutch and the brakes are applied when on first gear,the revs go up so high that it sounds as if I am driving with the choke ON.But after 5 minutes it comes down even if I'm driving in the first gear.

Help me out on what could be the problem with my car? I feel it will damage the car if it continues to do so regularly.What are the ways to reduce it? Please help me out with it!!!

Hi,

You have nothing to worry about. This is a common feature in MPFI cars. The engine revs to about 1300 RPM till the engine is sufficiently warmed up and to facilitate faster oil circulation.

Viper
Old 16th March 2006, 16:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

This has been discussed earlier

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-vehicles.html (Idling Time during Morning Start for MPFI Vehicles)
Old 16th March 2006, 17:09   #5
Team-BHP Support

This thread is closed! Continue discussion in the earlier thread.
Closed Thread