Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 27th February 2012, 09:59   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Ritz VXi Issue - Weird Odor on Redlining

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_nv View Post
Hi Fellow T-Bhpians. I have a query and this has been eating my brains for the last three weeks.

I started ripping my 2100 km old Ritz VXi a few weeks ago and have noticed a weird odor creeping in whenever I redline (if that's what you call shifting at 5K). I have noticed that this odor strangely comes at the rear of the car and then moves forward. This odor is noticeable with the windows closed irrespective of the AC status.

I do not ride the clutch, all the tyres are properly inflated, fill up only at Shell and maintain all the vital fluids in the car.

The odor is feels like a cross between a hydrogen sulphide and dust/oil...cant really categorize.

I had posted this in some other thread earlier but did not get any replies.
Finally i have found someone who share the same problem what I have with my SX4 1.6 VVT.

For me, the issue occurs intermittently.

The road to my house is around 750 meters which has to drivern in first or second gear( I leave in a hilly area and roads are not good). Once I stop in the garage the odour ( Like Hydrogen sulphide) comes from underneath the car(No odour inside thankfully).

I couldn't reproduce the same at the dealership so no fix for last 1 and half years. My car has done 29,000 kms in 18 months and issue still occurs but the frequency is less.

I do have a wagon r 1.1 and i10 1.2 auto but they don't have this issue.
S5157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2012, 07:30   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
Finally i have found someone who share the same problem what I have with my SX4 1.6 VVT.

For me, the issue occurs intermittently.

The road to my house is around 750 meters which has to drivern in first or second gear( I leave in a hilly area and roads are not good). Once I stop in the garage the odour ( Like Hydrogen sulphide) comes from underneath the car(No odour inside thankfully).

I couldn't reproduce the same at the dealership so no fix for last 1 and half years. My car has done 29,000 kms in 18 months and issue still occurs but the frequency is less.

I do have a wagon r 1.1 and i10 1.2 auto but they don't have this issue.
I have observed that this issue was encountered by someone on this forum. cant really pinpoint who and which thread.

It seems that no-one has had any luck with this problem/phenomenon.
Seems like we have special cars
roadrunner_nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2012, 22:14   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^
rr, your case is normal, S5s (at ~30k Km) isn't.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2014, 13:59   #34
BHPian

For the past 1 month , I am experiencing this problem. My drive is Ritz zxi with 24K on the odo. At 60+ speeds (couldn't pinpoint the exact speed), I am smelling burnt petrol fumes intermittently. I have to switch off in-car air-circulation to let fresh air in. This is spoiling my long drives; my better-half feels nauseous after an hour in the car. Can any one please suggest what can be the problem.
ankan.m.blr is offline   Reply With Quote