Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 8th January 2012, 13:26   #1
BHPian

Default Urgent help needed. please help-Santro Xing not starting

Hello Everyone!

I was playing around with my family car Santro Xing. I was trying to fix the radio, the signal was weak. I pulled out the stereo and removed the antenna cable, then removed the 2 screws that hold the antenna above the right side door. After this, I pulled out the antenna and took it with me upstairs to check it and locked the car. Later I noticed that the rear lights of the car were on, even when the car was locked and the key was removed. Then, I unlocked the car and tried to turn it on, the self stopped operating in mid-way and the rear lights got very dim and later turned off. Central locking stopped working and all the lights also stopped working. I guess some fuse got blown when I removed the antenna or some connector got pulled out. Please help before my dad finds out! Please please help!
iron.head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 15:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

looks like the battery has drained for some reason. Check the water level. Try checking the health of the battery. Use a jumper on one or your friends car to start it.

If this doesn't work, the fuse box is on the right side of the steering, can be opened after removing the screw I guess but its confusing to know which one has actually gone kaput.

Do the jumper thing only if you are trained and hold a valid driving license.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 8th January 2012 at 15:18.
vinit.merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 21:26   #3
BHPian

Default Re: Urgent help needed. please help-Santro Xing not starting

Thanks Vinit for your help! I gave a call to the nearest ASC and they told me that the battery is discharged and a 'switch' below the brake lever responsible for turning the rear brake light on is broken. I found this switch and it was sort of broken. The switch is cheap, around Rs 40. So I have given the battery for charging and will get the switch replaced. Finally then I will get the antenna replaced for proper working of radio, the reason of all this mess up. Thank you again!

Mods-Please lock this thread if needed.
iron.head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2012, 08:27   #4
BHPian

Default Re: Urgent help needed. please help-Santro Xing not starting

Another common problem for Santro not starting is the failure of fuel supply relay. Even though it is a minor part, they will charge more than Rs.1000/-
sunil8089 is offline   Reply With Quote