Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2006, 19:46   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 138
Thanked: 0 Times
Default AC Issues & Noise when it is turned on

Hi Frens,

I have a technical problem with my Car's AC.
When ever i turn it on i get a relatively loud screeching noise from the engine region. As if some belt is not able rotate something....

This occurs only when i started the car in the morning, after few minutes the noise would cease and AC works sort of ok.

Another issue is the AC has become weak and sometimes i can feel some water dripping near the front passenger's seat.

I have not checked this with a mechanic, thought would discuss with the techies here before I get it to him.

Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.
bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2006, 20:26   #2
BHPian
 
a4_attitude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 442
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Bruce, there can be three solutions 4 ur problem
1) simply grease up the belt
if you can still hear the noise
2) your belt must be loose, need to get screwed a little also known as adjusting...
as u said u can only hear it in mrng time, i blieve ur problem must have been solved by now
if not
3) ur belt is teared off change it asap
cheers
Wadhwa Ajay
a4_attitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2006, 20:37   #3
SLK
Senior - BHPian
 
SLK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DL XX XX XXXX
Posts: 1,290
Thanked: 185 Times
Default

And as for the water dripping inside....
not a big thing... the pipe to draw out watter from the cooling coil could be blocked or disconected..... just get it set right again.

BTW what CAR?
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2006, 03:02   #4
BHPian
 
vivek.singh.73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Noida
Posts: 258
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

I agree with first two resolutions provided - on the spot.

3rd point, what do you mean by saying AC has become weak?
vivek.singh.73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2006, 14:51   #5
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 138
Thanked: 0 Times
Default AC is weak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73
I agree with first two resolutions provided - on the spot.

3rd point, what do you mean by saying AC has become weak?
The AC does not cool enough,
The Maruti mechanic had once said that AC gas needs to be refilled...
Do you think if i get it refilled that would solve the cooling issues or do i need to get all the Air vents checked for AC leakage?

My first thought was to check what this noise was, so now that i have an idea, i will get that checked as well.

Thanks for your help frens....
bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2006, 16:13   #6
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 386
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce
The AC does not cool enough,
The Maruti mechanic had once said that AC gas needs to be refilled...
Do you think if i get it refilled that would solve the cooling issues or do i need to get all the Air vents checked for AC leakage?

My first thought was to check what this noise was, so now that i have an idea, i will get that checked as well.

Thanks for your help frens....
Take your car to Mr. Tobias at Wecool Enterprises at Markham Road. He will assess your problem & give honest advise. There is no one better than him in Bangalore as yet. You may contact him on 25363127 & 25364270.
You may tell him that you are my friend.

He was the one who fixed my sumo in 1998 and the system never gave a days trouble for almost 6 years till I sold it.

I have yet to see a more dedicated and upright person and am sure you will find him very cordial.

IMPORTANT : NEVER EVER use grease on any fan belts. The noise is due to its hardness and needs replacement. For temporary pupose use soap water.

Last edited by varunroy : 24th March 2006 at 16:28.
varunroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2006, 18:40   #7
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: goa
Posts: 981
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce
Hi Frens,

I have a technical problem with my Car's AC.
When ever i turn it on i get a relatively loud screeching noise from the engine region. As if some belt is not able rotate something....

This occurs only when i started the car in the morning, after few minutes the noise would cease and AC works sort of ok.

Another issue is the AC has become weak and sometimes i can feel some water dripping near the front passenger's seat.
The screech is due to a loose belt, and is caused by belt slippage on the pulley.
NEVER grease a belt.
Get it tightened by a professional using the correct tension. It may need replacing if it has done over 20,000 km or if you have not corrected the problem for a long time.

Water always collects from the a/c due to condensation. It should drip outside, and if the pipe is blocked then it will start dripping inside.
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anger, frustration suddenly turned into disbelief & delight! Drive Head Introduce yourself 4 8th April 2016 10:47
AMS, a Fracture & What turned out to be a Manali trip! amip Travelogues 170 14th May 2010 12:22
Strange humming noise from my Safari(EDIT: Solved, window was open hence the noise) himanshugoswami Technical Stuff 14 14th May 2008 15:00
Wind noise or Aerodynamic noise vivaid Technical Stuff 15 2nd July 2006 19:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:38.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks