Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 30th May 2017, 10:21   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Electric cars cause more pollution than petrol ones! (Study)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Electric cars are not the future, as the manufacturer is making one to believe, they are not less polluting in fact they pollute more for the the amount of electricity they consume. On another thread where future fuel technologies were discussed, i posted Hydrogen fuel cell cars are the way in the future as we have abundance of hydrogen, it emits water (which is non polluting)
I worked on Hydrogen energy in the end of the 1970's. The Hydrogen Economy was 'round the corner', it Still is. So i definitely do not buy the logic.

I personally think EVs for local commutes, and even long distance runs are now the future. EV technology has come a long way - both in terms of more efficient motors and also cells.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote