Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2012, 21:24   #16
BHPian
 
Sridhar K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 591
Thanked: 192 Times
Default Re: FIAT spare parts issue... WHY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I guess Concorde is the company dealer right? We have a Concorde here, though quite far from my place.
Should I call them and ask if they have this part in their stock? I guess Fortune would have already done that.
Would suggest you to give it a try. In my case, the SA at TVS tried to source it through Concorde but I guess unless the vehicle is with Concorde, they may not go the extra mile to source it on the vehicle off road category for a car at the other service station.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2012, 21:28   #17
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 690
Thanked: 152 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: FIAT spare parts issue... WHY?

I have had the same issues procuring parts at MASS for my car . Items such as even Shockabsorbers needs to be ordered and takes about 10-15 days and i have to call back to check time and again. I am in delhi and car gets serviced at Maruti Service Master .
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2012, 23:20   #18
BHPian
 
nkg77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Trivandrum, Kerala
Posts: 227
Thanked: 141 Times
Default Re: FIAT spare parts issue... WHY?

I think with Fiat you might go through both extremes. My Palio Stile needed a wheel bearing replacement, took the car to TASS expecting a reply "no stock". But to my surprise they had the bearing in stock and I got the car back the same day. I think it all boils down to the service center keeping adequate stock.
nkg77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2012, 23:39   #19
BHPian
 
bnzjon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 836
Thanked: 124 Times
Default Re: FIAT spare parts issue... WHY?

The following are pending for my Tjet since 2/Feb. Order placed by Concorde Chennai on 2/Feb but yet to get the same from FIAT.

1. Wiper Blades
2. Driver side Seat belt lock
3. Link Rods

All of the above are under warranty and i have to wait if i want to get it free of cost else i can source it from Kava automobile, Mumbai where the parts are readily available on payment.
bnzjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 00:11   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
shuvc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 2,895
Thanked: 283 Times
Default Re: FIAT spare parts issue... WHY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
It cannot be because of the tray. Even I have an aftermarket MDF tray to hold speakers but in many Puntos which are stock, the panel has come loose.

Thats a generic flaw in the Punto.
I would think so too. A 90HP Punto display car parked in a showroom here had the left hand side rear (C Pillar) panel completely hanging loose.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 01:41   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
recshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mangalore / Bangalore
Posts: 1,056
Thanked: 91 Times
Angry Re: FIAT spare parts issue... WHY?

I and my colleague are looking to buy hatch in 6-7L range. So daily when i get some time i visit team bhp and read some reviews. Today i open with Fiat Punto in mind and open team bhp and the first thread i see is this one. Looking at this problem of delay in getting simple component, i have decided to go against my heart which still says "Punto Punto".Sorry no Fiat Punto for me. My friend was 90% sure of buying a Punto but surely will reconsider his decision when he reads this thread.

We currently have MSIL vehicles. We never ever waited for any parts unless its rare part like Petrol tank. That too MASS got within 2 days from Bangalore dealer. Now after going through such quick responses by MSIL, I am sure we will be frustrated later if a small part failure in Punto makes us wait for like 2-3 weeks. non-critical part fails, still fine but imagine keeping car in garage for 2-3 weeks paying EMI

I thought Fiat after launching 2012 model has improved a lot but looks like they are still the same. Really sad to see this happening for excellent engine, fun to drive, cute looking Punto
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 02:09   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,554 Times
Default Re: FIAT spare parts issue... WHY?

I guess this issue is A.S.S specific.
My Linea went through major front suspension work after a shunt.
and all the parts including wheel bearings,shockers,lower arms,link rods,ABS sensor-everything was readily available.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 02:18   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
rider60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bhagyanagaram. (A.K.A. Hyderabad)
Posts: 1,619
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: FIAT spare parts issue... WHY?

Guys hold on, please tell me something here, all the car manufacturers and dealers have an ONLINE inventory system right?

one day i was at RKS Saboo maruti nampally, i had to replace the broken plastic holders that holds the hings of my rear seat [not the bottom bench but the pad that supports our backs] this is a real rare part as it is almost non moving.

the guy in the spare part inventory section could literally see on screen with which dealer and location/area had this part available. i found the right side part with ACER Maruti Motors and another at SABOO maruti malakpet branch.

i was happy to got buy them both the same day and got it replaced. thus disappeared my final rattle i had in the car, Mind you this was more than a year ago.

Now i am seriously put down if any of the TATA or FIAT service advisers cant do this for FIAT owners!!!

so this goes to show this is entirely the SA's/DEALER's fault? or in case if FIAT doesnt have this online inventory management system then its FIAT'S own DAMNED fault, in any given case what would maintaining a system like this going to cost them in comparison to the long term name they might build or a worthy try to redeem themselves while they still can???

It is still the fiat fan/customer, {yeah fan because those who buy fiat are very few and many of them enthusiasts who still have a hope FIAT would come around.} who takes the brunt and suffers right?

in case they do have this system then i suggest you request or insist if necessary if the wait has been long to show the customer where this part is available and/or atleast get a copy of the order placed for the part at least.
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 05:53   #24
BHPian
 
autocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 668
Thanked: 537 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy
I thought Fiat after launching 2012 model has improved a lot but looks like they are still the same. Really sad to see this happening for excellent engine, fun to drive, cute looking Punto
I still rate Punto a better product, having seen the ownership experience of friends who own i20, swift and Punto.

Agree not finding parts in time can be frustrating, but its not that bad in Bangalore. The joy you experience everytime the suspension soaks up a pothole silently, or when u brake hard and car comes to a confident stop, will more than make up for any A** issues.

I regularly drive my friends Punto and will be booking mine shortly
autocrat is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 07:20   #25
BHPian
 
Durango Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 774
Thanked: 672 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default Re: FIAT spare parts issue... WHY?

I guess for the "out of the world" driving experience even FIAT parts are coming from "out of the world"; so the delay. Some habits die hard or don't die at all. I think a FIAT owner in India has to be made of very 'stern' stuff to put up with the vagaries of the service dished up by the FIAT/Tata combine. Keep hoping against hope that some day that FIAT will get it's act together, only God knows when that day will finally come (after all these decades of existence in India).

Last edited by Durango Dude : 24th February 2012 at 07:23.
Durango Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 07:54   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
sandeepmohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wellington
Posts: 1,945
Thanked: 1,627 Times
Default Re: FIAT spare parts issue... WHY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Would they need to import wheel bearings? The cars are made in India right?

I do remember that the workshop manager had asked me whether my car is ABS or non-ABS... does cars equipped with ABS have different wheel bearings?
You never know. If they can import those cheap Italian speakers, a wheel bearing could be easily, an imported unit.

Heck, some of the wiring harness, wiper motors are imported.

It should be no different for cars with or without ABS. Makes no sense.

Yes; the cars are made in India.
sandeepmohan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 08:51   #27
Distinguished - BHPian
 
hemanth.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,160
Thanked: 5,952 Times
Default Re: FIAT spare parts issue... WHY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I guess this issue is A.S.S specific.
My Linea went through major front suspension work after a shunt.
and all the parts including wheel bearings,shockers,lower arms,link rods,ABS sensor-everything was readily available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
I think it all boils down to the service center keeping adequate stock.
There is a big chance of this happening.

When I wanted to get my armrest fitted and make some more modifications, I wanted some spare parts.
I went to 3 different centres and got all parts...if one was available in one centre the other was available in another.
The online system was only for one dealer..for example prerana can't see what is with concorde.
But one prerana can see the parts in all preranas...I got info from them and went to the specific centre and got the parts.
One shocking incident was in a prerana A.S.S. When i went inside the receptionist told me that they don't have any spares when just one counter behind her was the spares counter

If this was the case with my relatively small parts for cosmetic makeover, my colleague's Linea which was rear-ended badly came out of the A.S.S gleaming-new in just 15 days that too from a relatively not-so-good delaer KHT.

So we can't generalise IMO...also bear in mind Compared to other OEM's...these dealers have to stock parts for two different brands in the same location.
This is the price I pay for a wonderful product and I've now learnt to live with it
hemanth.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 09:30   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
rameshnanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,231
Thanked: 814 Times
Default Re: FIAT spare parts issue... WHY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I guess this issue is A.S.S specific.
My Linea went through major front suspension work after a shunt.
and all the parts including wheel bearings,shockers,lower arms,link rods,ABS sensor-everything was readily available.
Very much true. After owning Hyundai and Fiat, still I would rate Fiat A.S.S. to be better than Hyundai. I had worst of the experience with Hyundai service in my 4 year ownership of Getz.
rameshnanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 10:56   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default Re: FIAT spare parts issue... WHY?

GUYS, ONE CLARIFICATION - I still love my FIAT. The purpose of this thread is not to dissuade anyone from buying a FIAT. I still believe that if anyone can live with such issues related to the A.S.S., Punto is still the best hatch to buy in that segment IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
I have had the same issues procuring parts at MASS for my car . Items such as even Shockabsorbers needs to be ordered and takes about 10-15 days and i have to call back to check time and again. I am in delhi and car gets serviced at Maruti Service Master .
So is it like 2-3 weeks is normal for parts to arrive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
I think with Fiat you might go through both extremes. My Palio Stile needed a wheel bearing replacement, took the car to TASS expecting a reply "no stock". But to my surprise they had the bearing in stock and I got the car back the same day. I think it all boils down to the service center keeping adequate stock.
+10. As i stated before, my friend got the bearing the same day itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
The following are pending for my Tjet since 2/Feb. Order placed by Concorde Chennai on 2/Feb but yet to get the same from FIAT.

1. Wiper Blades
2. Driver side Seat belt lock
3. Link Rods

All of the above are under warranty and i have to wait if i want to get it free of cost else i can source it from Kava automobile, Mumbai where the parts are readily available on payment.
Same here. Its not that the parts are unavailable. I am very sure I will get these easily from outside but then I will have to pay for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
I and my colleague are looking to buy hatch in 6-7L range. So daily when i get some time i visit team bhp and read some reviews. Today i open with Fiat Punto in mind and open team bhp and the first thread i see is this one. Looking at this problem of delay in getting simple component, i have decided to go against my heart which still says "Punto Punto".Sorry no Fiat Punto for me. My friend was 90% sure of buying a Punto but surely will reconsider his decision when he reads this thread.
Hi buddy, I am not sure how FIAT will respond in case my car was stuck in the A.S.S. & immobile. Maybe we can expect a faster response then, I am not sure. Since my car is running perfectly fine, except the noise, I guess they are taking their time this time.

But yes, after the excellent standards of service by Maruti & Toyota, we are spoiled & such delays are definitely not acceptable.

Good luck to your friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I guess this issue is A.S.S specific.
My Linea went through major front suspension work after a shunt.
and all the parts including wheel bearings,shockers,lower arms,link rods,ABS sensor-everything was readily available.
I guess the first thing that an A.S.S. must do when the part is not available is that check with other local dealers. That is what Mahindra does.

I dont know about FIAT. I gave my car to Fortune, who is supposedly one of the best A.S.S. in Mumbai. They have a dedicated separate team for FIAT cars only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
I still rate Punto a better product, having seen the ownership experience of friends who own i20, swift and Punto.

Agree not finding parts in time can be frustrating, but its not that bad in Bangalore. The joy you experience everytime the suspension soaks up a pothole silently, or when u brake hard and car comes to a confident stop, will more than make up for any A** issues.

I regularly drive my friends Punto and will be booking mine shortly
I agree. I am not at all denying that the Punto is an excellent product.

But this is a perfect case of a good product being unaccepted because of the lack of support from the manufacturer.

Only if FIAT had it's dedicated service centres...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I guess for the "out of the world" driving experience even FIAT parts are coming from "out of the world"; so the delay. Some habits die hard or don't die at all. I think a FIAT owner in India has to be made of very 'stern' stuff to put up with the vagaries of the service dished up by the FIAT/Tata combine. Keep hoping against hope that some day that FIAT will get it's act together, only God knows when that day will finally come (after all these decades of existence in India).
Since the cars are entirely assembled in India, why would they need to import parts? Wont they have enough stock in their plant? Just a noob query!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
You never know. If they can import those cheap Italian speakers, a wheel bearing could be easily, an imported unit.

Heck, some of the wiring harness, wiper motors are imported.

It should be no different for cars with or without ABS. Makes no sense.

Yes; the cars are made in India.
I confirmed that Puntos equipped with ABS have different wheel bearings, dont know the reason though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
The online system was only for one dealer..for example prerana can't see what is with concorde.
But one prerana can see the parts in all preranas...I got info from them and went to the specific centre and got the parts.
Now that's a shocker & its very very pathetic that Fiat/TATA cant have a centralized system.

Quote:
So we can't generalise IMO...also bear in mind Compared to other OEM's...these dealers have to stock parts for two different brands in the same location.
This is the price I pay for a wonderful product and I've now learnt to live with it
+10. I am very happy with the car but GOD forbid if something major happens, I dread to imagine that I might have to leave my car in the A.S.S. for months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Very much true. After owning Hyundai and Fiat, still I would rate Fiat A.S.S. to be better than Hyundai. I had worst of the experience with Hyundai service in my 4 year ownership of Getz.
I always though Hyundai has the second best A.S.S. after Maruti.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 11:27   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
rameshnanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,231
Thanked: 814 Times
Default Re: FIAT spare parts issue... WHY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I always though Hyundai has the second best A.S.S. after Maruti.
Well. Its definitely better with Maruti. But, still its all about the dealers too. My friend's Dezire which met with an major accident was delivered to him after 4 months at the Maruti Service Station at Pondicherry. This too after lots and lots escalations and he even threatenend them with the legal action.
rameshnanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat Spare Parts - Kava Automobile (Mumbai) h14 Mumbai 27 5th April 2017 22:31
Spare Parts - Sundar Auto Parts (Worli, Mumbai) aah78 Mumbai 1 9th June 2010 12:46
CBR spare parts jade Superbikes & Imports 14 11th February 2008 03:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks