Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Closed Thread

Old 25th March 2006, 22:08   #1
BHPian

Default Run in period - How and What to do?

What do one need to do to give a good run in period of a car. Is the run in period only first 1000 kms for the car? What kind of speed to maintain? Always should one be gentle on the throttle?

I have always compared my santro and my friends and wonder what difference was there during the run in period.

His car accelerates better in 3rd gear compared to mine. But my car gains good speed in 5th gear. It goes to 120 faster than his. Also my cars top speed is 145 though it vibrates a lot and is scary at that speed. I have tried it few times in free highways.
Old 25th March 2006, 22:11   #2
BHPian

Default Sun film

Does sun film hinder night vision and make driving in the dark troublesome. I heard sometime that it is not allowed by the law. Is this true?

Thinking of the hot conditions i feel it is essential but am also doubtful that during night it affects visibility and hence not safe.
Old 25th March 2006, 22:38   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser
What do one need to do to give a good run in period of a car. Is the run in period only first 1000 kms for the car? What kind of speed to maintain? Always should one be gentle on the throttle?

I have always compared my santro and my friends and wonder what difference was there during the run in period.

His car accelerates better in 3rd gear compared to mine. But my car gains good speed in 5th gear. It goes to 120 faster than his. Also my cars top speed is 145 though it vibrates a lot and is scary at that speed. I have tried it few times in free highways.
Please check your cars manual, in that they clearly specify what needs to be done.....for baleno they mentioned things like "dont accelerate fast", "dont drive at constant speed"......if your manual doesn't specify what needs to be done, ask the gurus on this forum.
Old 26th March 2006, 11:12   #4
BHPian

Landcruiser,
There are already been a good discussion about running in on this forum.. Please use the search option so that you will get ur answers..
Cheers
Old 26th March 2006, 12:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...cent-crdi.html ('Run-in' period for Accent CRDi)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ak-period.html

There you go, Mods please do the needful.
Old 26th March 2006, 14:02   #6
BHPian

sorry for not using the search feature. thanks for pointing that.
Old 26th March 2006, 14:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

Thanks BUSA and EVO 6. Thread closed.
Closed Thread