Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 10th April 2008, 17:33   #16
BHPian

Default Caster Adjusting Bolts

Hi Everyone,

I recently came across Caster Adjusting Bolts on this site.

3541 FastCam Camber Bolts

Does anyone have any clue if these are available locally in India for our cars.

As far as I know most cars available nowadays do not have any camber adjustment, this could really solve our woes if our camber goes out.

Thanks
Manik
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 21:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

Camber and Toe can be adjusted.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2008, 12:12   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Camber and Toe can be adjusted.
Toe is definitely adjustable, however Camber is usually fixed by Car manufacturers. Atleast on my Baleno there is no Camber adjustment provision available by design.

The method the local garages employee is to do this by grinding the Strut bolts to make room for adjustment. This in my humble opinion is not a good method, first it would reduce the bolt strength and second that a thinner bolt would be susceptible to moving around in the wide area.

What I had mentioned earlier was specialized bolts that could help avoid the grinding fix that is usually employed.

It would be great if someone has seen these anywhere and could just drop me a message.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 22:43   #19
BHPian

hi guys.. have a hyundai accent 2004 , 1500cc.. done 42K..had to change the shockers and tie rod ends etc..pretty much all in front suspension is new.... after changin ..car pulled slowly to the right... after two alignment centres...and reading on the net... found out.. tht camber adjustment does matter in cars... most wheel alignment centres also have either 2 sensor adjustment ( for frot wheels) or 4 sensor with no space for the rear wheels... went finally to this guys recommended by ABC huyndai ...he's next to mantralaya in Mumbai..name's Syed... has a state of the art alignment system....put in a camber bolt...iroed out the wrong ( attempted settings) of the other alignment shop floors....and now the car is perfect... its nor mal he says...has a certifications from HMIL... camber bolt cost rs 100 ...alignment ( 4 wheel) Rs 450....car is suer now...and even the ride is better... so all you guys ....in Mumbai dont just go by ur friendly Mumbai mechanic out there... and the rest... read and consult ur dealer... have dealt with ABC hyundai for 7 yrs now...very helpful and professional... am happy.:-)
darthvader5000 is offline   Reply With Quote