Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 29th September 2013, 19:54   #16
BHPian

Default re: HVAC dust filter missing in your car too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynomite View Post
... please check and inform if your car has the filter or not
My new Brio also has a similar chapter on AC filter maintenance and the procedure look similar too. I will check and revert back. However, I wish to know if I drive my car 100% AC in re-circulation mode, is it still necessary to have this filter?

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 29th September 2013 at 19:59. Reason: typo
bj96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2013, 22:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
As far as I know ,there is no filter. Get the evaporator coil cleaned. A thin guy has to get under the dash and clean it with "coilshine " or other such chemical. If it has been 3-4 years since you had the AC serviced,I suggest you go the whole hog and get the whole AC serviced.gas refilled,coils cleaned,leak checks etc.dashboard has to be removed. Check @AutoIndian s indicated thread for the details.
Which thread? Can you paste a link here? Then how come that this filter finds a mention among the spare parts list? I doubt if someone has the competence here ( in the middle of nowhere I am) to do the entire service. How difficult it is to remove and refix the dashboard with perfect alignment?
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2013, 23:17   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Which thread? Can you paste a link here?
Here you go: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...beyond-15.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
I doubt if someone has the competence here (in the middle of nowhere I am) to do the entire service. How difficult it is to remove and refix the dashboard with perfect alignment?
If you're in warranty/extended warranty, then stick to the A.S.S.

If you're outside warranty, look for any recommended automotive AC technician, or ask a friendly neighbourhood garage for a recommendation. The mechanical (i.e. non-electrical) part of automotive AC systems are pretty much standard in most/all cars.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 06:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

My 2010 Fiesta has a Cowl filter that filters the outside air and a cabin filter that filters the cabin air. Got the cowl filter replaced and cabin filter cleaned during the service 2 weeks back. Personally saw them doing the same.
pramodpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 19:26   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
My 2010 Fiesta has a Cowl filter that filters the outside air and a cabin filter that filters the cabin air. Got the cowl filter replaced and cabin filter cleaned during the service 2 weeks back. Personally saw them doing the same.
Hi pramodpk, could you tell me how much it cost to replace the cowl filter for your fiesta and does it really make a difference in the air conditioning post replacement?
minimalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2013, 07:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimalist View Post

Hi pramodpk, could you tell me how much it cost to replace the cowl filter for your fiesta and does it really make a difference in the air conditioning post replacement?
I am not sure of the exact cost as the car is company leased and the bill is sent to the company but it must be really cheap. Replacing it would take around 30 mins. The cowl filter is used in fresh air mode and hence it would affect airflow only in fresh air mode if it is clogged. Mine was not clogged as I use fresh air mode rarely.
pramodpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013, 13:41   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

When I checked at the dealership today it is not even listed. The diagram is there, but no part number. So obviously Honda India has been economising. Part no. seems to be 80292SMGE01 and fits all models. The site says 2006-2011.

When I pulled out the tray I found dust and a few leaves - so getting it may be highly desirable,
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013, 20:23   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
When I checked at the dealership today it is not even listed. The diagram is there, but no part number. So obviously Honda India has been economising. Part no. seems to be 80292SMGE01 and fits all models. The site says 2006-2011.
This problem seems to be a problem with Maruti also.

They are puzzled when asked about the AC filter and are misunderstanding it for the air filter. Part number does exist for the AC filter (don't remember it though).

A very important part for interior cleanliness an quality of air.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013, 20:40   #24
BHPian

The indica Vista and Manza have one. If anybody would like to know where it is located let me know as I cleaned mine a couple of months ago and know how to go about doing it.
bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013, 22:51   #25
Senior - BHPian

The Puntos and Lineas have a pollen filter for AC within the cabin before the cooling coil.
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 00:02   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
The indica Vista and Manza have one. If anybody would like to know where it is located let me know as I cleaned mine a couple of months ago and know how to go about doing it.
Hi mate where is it located and how can I get to it .
torquecurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 08:16   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post

Hi mate where is it located and how can I get to it .
It would be behind the glove box.

Anurag.
Old 23rd October 2013, 09:40   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

This filter is a long term investment, since it will definitely reduce clogging and collection of debris in the evaporator. I saw in the manual that Brio also should have one. My car is in for service and some body work and is expected back tomorrow. I am sure I will find zilch there. There seems to be a firm by the name of Arrowhead filters in Manesar. I am trying to persuade them to make and supply these.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 10:51   #29
BHPian

I am using it in my civic for the last 3 years. I get it from US.
Air flow is slightly reduced, but the advantages are immense. However, best to change after every 6-8 months, depending on dust conditions, to avoid heavy reduction in air flow.

And, all the air that passes over the blower motor, whether on re-circulation mode or fresh air mode, passes through the air filter and removes dust.

I think in a dusty and polluted country like ours, it is a shame that manufacturers skimp on this necessity.

Rgds
VineetG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 10:58   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VineetG View Post
I think in a dusty and polluted country like ours, it is a shame that manufacturers skimp on this necessity.

Rgds
I guess it is cost cutting and not thatvyhe points is skimped as it exists in drawing but not in reality.

Where is the awareness in the owner to cjwck on this parameters. We have to add these point in the Team-BHP PDI check list and if it didn't exist it would be fit before delivery.

Anurag.