Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 6th June 2012, 14:56   #1
BHPian

Exclamation Mitsubishi Outlander recall for fuel pump replacement

I received a call yesterday from my Mitsubishi dealer that they have received notification from HM-Mitsubishi that all Outlanders sold since 2008 are being recalled for free fuel pump replacement.

As per dealer the new fuel pump is modified for Indian adulterated and lower octane fuel. Though I doubt this to be the case.

Nevertheless, my Outtie just came back after replacement, I find it smoother than before. This may be due to a new pump as the older had served for over 2 years. I will keep everyone posted on any FE change or issue.
rishi_kapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2012, 12:58   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Mitsubishi Outlander recall for fuel pump replacement

I just got the call as well.
They have not given any reason yet, will call back the GM and find out.
sknair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2012, 17:31   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
I just got the call as well.
They have not given any reason yet, will call back the GM and find out.

I found the enginer more smoother post change, this may be driven by the fact that older pump was 2 years old. FE seems dropped a bit but will confirm it only after tank-up to tank-up test. Do share your experience post change.
rishi_kapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2012, 20:53   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
I found the enginer more smoother post change, this may be driven by the fact that older pump was 2 years old. FE seems dropped a bit but will confirm it only after tank-up to tank-up test. Do share your experience post change.
I went to SVR motors today, they told me the same (Fuel pump tuned for Indian conditions), the drive was very smooth and there is some peppiness after the new one was installed. Will post FE figures in a week or so.

Another news is looks like SVR motors would open a new sales office in Bangalore soon.
sknair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2012, 16:52   #5
BHPian

Last week I got a call from dealer about this. Took my car for service and they have replaced the fuel pump free of cost.

They told me that the existing fuel pump can have problems at cold temperatures (not necessarily seen in Hyderabad), and its company's circular to replace the pump in all cars across India.

This incident has increased my respect on Mitsubishi Motors india. They acknowledged the problem and have proactively resorted to fix it pan India.

Good job!
visu03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 13:43   #6
BHPian

My Cedia fuel pump was also replaced recently. No issues before or after that. SVR guys managed to pull out my number atleast, given the state of affairs of their systems
megger is offline   Reply With Quote