Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 10th April 2006, 16:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Power window doesn't come up! Why?

Guys, why would a window refuse to come up? What happened was that it was opened about 90% and then when the door was shut, the glass fell down or something and a loud thud was heard. and when the button is pressed to raise it rises about half an inch (not enough to be seen in the frame but one can hear the motor working) and then another 'cut' sound. And it moves down about half an inch too without any problem. The regulator and the motor seem fine as well as the switch. To me it seems like the glass has come off the track. Am i right? If yes, then how much of a hassle is it to put the glass back on the track? BTW, i dont intend to do it myself but would appreciate any guidelines if anyone can shed some light on the issue.
Deeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2006, 17:06   #2
Team-BHP Support

the window has fallen our of it's holder. this happened to me many years ago with my opel astra. I had to wait till i got Opel 24 hr hot line to help me.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2006, 17:22   #3
Team-BHP Support

Just had the motor and entire rail replaced on my car. Its not really a big deal. And, if your motor and switch is working fine, it should just be a simple case of the glass coming off the tracks when the door shut (darn french cars!).

Simple enough to put the glass back on. You may even want to remove the door panel and fix it yourself. However, just be careful removing the panel itself, as each manufacturer likes to keep some hidden screws or notches to make removing it a painful process! And if you accidently snap one of those latches off, it will rattle!
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2006, 17:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the prompt replies. Robin, thats why i dont want to do it myself. Had to have the door panel opened before to fix the lock and there were several screws of different sizes on it.
Deeps is offline   Reply With Quote