Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 25th July 2012, 15:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Accent 1.5 petrol, Not revving above 3k with AC on

Guys, changed the oxygen sensor as well, still the issue persist. The car revs freely with AC turned off, but with AC on it sticks at 3k and starts jerking, if i keep on pressing the accelerator

Don't know, what the issue is !

Sameer
sameerg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 15:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

Get the fuel delivery system checked. That includes the fuel pump, fuel filters, fuel line for any blockage. You car exhibits signs of low fuel delivery rate and hence loss of power whilst under load. Was the fuel tank ever cleaned?
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 22:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Hyundai Accent 1.5 petrol, Not revving above 3k with AC on

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Get the fuel delivery system checked. That includes the fuel pump, fuel filters, fuel line for any blockage. You car exhibits signs of low fuel delivery rate and hence loss of power whilst under load. Was the fuel tank ever cleaned?
My car is on CNG, the car refuses to rev above 3k on CNG too, If the problem was related to fuel delivery system, then i guess, it should go above 3000 rpm on CNG. Correct me if i am wrong ?

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 25th July 2012, 22:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
My car is on CNG, the car refuses to rev above 3k on CNG too, If the problem was related to fuel delivery system, then i guess, it should go above 3000 rpm on CNG. Correct me if i am wrong ? Cheers, Sameer
Didn't know about the CNG bit, though operating on CNG would lead to a loss of power. Ok, then there are two more things that come to my mind:

a) Ignition system check - ignition coils, timing, spark plugs, high tension cables
b) Injectors - clogged, partially clogged

sameer, come to think of it..were any wires changed/spliced/tapped when you fitted the CNG kit?
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 22:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Didn't know about the CNG bit, though operating on CNG would lead to a loss of power. Ok, then there are two more things that come to my mind:

a) Ignition system check - ignition coils, timing, spark plugs, high tension cables
b) Injectors - clogged, partially clogged

sameer, come to think of it..were any wires changed/spliced/tapped when you fitted the CNG kit?
Ya, operating the car on CNG results in loss of power, but prior to this problem, I used to rev her above 3k on CNG, there was no issue or something.

It happened, very next day, when i got AC serviced, Which included a relay change too, relay was for AC fan.

But, asked them about this too, they say, It can't result in this issue.

When the car is running fine without AC, then i guess injectors, fuel system and all everything is fine.

The issue seems to be with some wiring problem or something, Will again visit Hyundai *** coming weekend.

The car runs fine even on AC till 3k rpm, where it refuses to rev above 3k. Even on standstill, the car revs freely till redline, irrespective of the fact AC is on or not.

Cheers
Sameer
Old 25th July 2012, 22:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ya, operating the car on CNG results in loss of power, but prior to this problem, I used to rev her above 3k on CNG, there was no issue or something.

It happened, very next day, when i got AC serviced, Which included a relay change too, relay was for AC fan.

But, asked them about this too, they say, It can't result in this issue.

The car runs fine even on AC till 3k rpm, where it refuses to rev above 3k. Even on standstill, the car revs freely till redline, irrespective of the fact AC is on or not.
Do get the wiring checked, which now seems to be the prime suspect. But at the same time if you can get them to check the ignition and other aspects it will be good as it helps in the process of elimination. Good luck dude..let me know what happens.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 23:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

There is a wire that connects the Accelerator input to the ECU. My Friend's accent had this wire snipped. Upon connecting it, it went smoothly.

In the long run, the wiring had to be replaced and costed 2000/- bucks
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 23:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

Guys, one more observation : The above mentioned problem occurs only when car reaches it's optimum temperature, on cold start and temp. needle at C. You can take her to redline, even with AC on.

It's only in AC and temp. needle near half mark that the car refuses to go above 3k rpm.

And, When car reached optimum temp. you rev her with AC on, the car stuck at constant speed with RPM needle being on 3k mark constantly, the moment i switch off the AC, It crosses 3k mark, after which she revs freely till redline with 2-3 jerks, even after turning on the AC.

Strange, isn't it ?

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 28th July 2012, 11:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, one more observation : The above mentioned problem occurs only when car reaches it's optimum temperature, on cold start and temp. needle at C. You can take her to redline, even with AC on.

It's only in AC and temp. needle near half mark that the car refuses to go above 3k rpm.

And, When car reached optimum temp. you rev her with AC on, the car stuck at constant speed with RPM needle being on 3k mark constantly, the moment i switch off the AC, It crosses 3k mark, after which she revs freely till redline with 2-3 jerks, even after turning on the AC.

Strange, isn't it ?

Cheers,
Sameer
There are two things here - I think the temperature gauge is not working as expected. Maybe in reality the engine is strained, but the gauge is not displaying but the ECU is doing its job of limiting the Rev to keep the engine safe. Once, you stop the AC, the load is reduced, so the engine feels less strained and at that reduced strain is transferred in increase in speed (rpm increases more than 3K).

1. Wiring needs to be changed
2. If your car is above 1,75,000 kms, you might need to overhaul your engine.

There is a thread on Hans Hyundai Naraina (Hans Hyundai : Naraina Branch : New Delhi - Great Service As Always) branch, which is supposedly very god. You might want to take you accent there. (sorry - I am absolutely a zero on Delhi topography, so not sure how far its from you place )
Old 29th July 2012, 00:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Hyundai Accent 1.5 petrol, Not revving above 3k with AC on

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
1. Wiring needs to be changed
Thanks alot

Which wiring ? The one mentioned in your previous post ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
2. If your car is above 1,75,000 kms, you might need to overhaul your engine.

There is a thread on Hans Hyundai Naraina (Hans Hyundai : Naraina Branch : New Delhi - Great Service As Always) branch, which is supposedly very god. You might want to take you accent there. (sorry - I am absolutely a zero on Delhi topography, so not sure how far its from you place )
My car is just around 82k on the odo, So no need for overhaul as of now.

And again thanks for the link, naraina is near to my place.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 29th July 2012, 11:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks alot

Which wiring ? The one mentioned in your previous post ?

My car is just around 82k on the odo, So no need for overhaul as of now.

And again thanks for the link, naraina is near to my place.

Cheers,
Sameer
Yes Sameer - A quick-fix / temporary fix will be to change the wires, but a long term and a more reliable fix to be to do a "electrical wiring overhaul".
Old 29th July 2012, 12:19   #27
BHPian

Quote:

Strange, isn't it ?

Cheers,
Sameer
Your car is running too lean, Till optimum temperature the car may be in open loop, May be the CTS which is causing this trouble. CTS - coolant temperature sensor. It may be slow or having a dead spot.

OT- do not take it to redline before optimum temp. 80% of rpm range is more then enough.
Catalyst_delhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote