Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 13th March 2015, 20:41   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Kiirus remap: Adding new life to an aging Hyundai Getz

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
Well, AC doesn't make the car stall as such. I guess, I needed to be more precise. With Getz 1.1, low end torque is quite low. Without AC on, no issues in moving car from a standstill. But, if AC is on, I need to make an effort to get a move on. In a start stop traffic, this is sometimes an issue. I just want it to be a bit smoother.

The first sign of a bad clutch, before anything else, is low/depleting mileage. You missed the part that I am getting a very reasonable mileage.
Yes, I agree Getz's low end performance is pretty poor, but not to the extent where switching on/off the A/c makes such a difference. I still suspect the clutch, maybe you'll get more mileage if it is fixed. Do you experience clutch slip? Few other things you can try out, new spark plugs, new air filter. If you don't mind spending a few bucks more, you can go for a K&N replacement filter. Fitted one in my Dad's Getz 1.3 and it made a huge difference to low end power delivery. Now there is no need to downshift to 1st gear for every speed-breaker, can easily take it in 2nd or even 3rd sometimes.
nim_peter is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2015, 00:46   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nim_peter View Post
Yes, I agree Getz's low end performance is pretty poor, but not to the extent where switching on/off the A/c makes such a difference. I still suspect the clutch, maybe you'll get more mileage if it is fixed. Do you experience clutch slip? Few other things you can try out, new spark plugs, new air filter. If you don't mind spending a few bucks more, you can go for a K&N replacement filter. Fitted one in my Dad's Getz 1.3 and it made a huge difference to low end power delivery. Now there is no need to downshift to 1st gear for every speed-breaker, can easily take it in 2nd or even 3rd sometimes.
Clutch has already been replaced 12K KM back. I am driving 70% highways and that it's worn out again, is a remote possibility.

I think if I could sort this low end thing out upto an extent, so that my car doesn't get stalled; I'll be keeping this car for a long time. The car is still only 24000 KM down.

K&N filter is doable for me. While I have heard a lot about them, its good to have a testimony from another Getz owner.

The car is still on stock spark plugs, so I guess that it's high time that it gets a new set. I think I'll buy NKG.

Thanks for your kind inputs!!
atnyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2015, 15:21   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I got the remap done today. My driving impressions are exactly same as what is shared by kryptonite in the initial post.

To summarize:
The car is perfect for city with excellent driveability and less gear changes. Midrange is very good now.
The flat spot above idle is gone.
Revs freely.
More smoother.
Hey PatienceWins, could you give us an update on how the remap is still performing. Am keen to go in for this Kiirus remap for my Punto 1.4.
Also, where is the workshop located in Bangalore? Did you go in for an AIR as well or just the remap did it for you?
abhii176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2015, 13:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhii176 View Post
Hey PatienceWins, could you give us an update on how the remap is still performing. Am keen to go in for this Kiirus remap for my Punto 1.4.
Also, where is the workshop located in Bangalore? Did you go in for an AIR as well or just the remap did it for you?
The car is doing well, no issues. The best part is the driveability in city, can manage mostly with third gear. I went for only remap.

I used a K&N stock filter earlier. Removed it as I read some report that the filtration quality is not good with K&N. Also, the power difference with K&N was very marginal (maybe psychological with the sound) and the NVH (Noise, Vibration, and Harshness) was more.
I got the remap when the representative visited Bangalore. They keep visiting bangalore, get in touch with them.

Regarding fuel efficiency, I do not see any difference after remap. I was getting around 11 kmpl in city, and it remains the same.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 2nd May 2015 at 14:00. Reason: Update regarding FE
PatienceWins is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2015, 14:16   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
The car is doing well, no issues. The best part is the driveability in city, can manage mostly with third gear. I went for only remap.

I used a K&N stock filter earlier. Removed it as I read some report that the filtration quality is not good with K&N. Also, the power difference with K&N was very marginal (maybe psychological with the sound) and the NVH (Noise, Vibration, and Harshness) was more.
I got the remap when the representative visited Bangalore. They keep visiting bangalore, get in touch with them.

Regarding fuel efficiency, I do not see any difference after remap. I was getting around 11 kmpl in city, and it remains the same.
Awesome, just what I wanted to hear. In city drive ability is probably my biggest grouse right now and is exactly what I want to address with this remap. I think am definitely going to get in touch with Abhishek and figure out when he's in Bangalore next.
Did think of the K&N stock replacement filter as well but share similar concerns over the filtration quality. I think I'll just go for the remap for now. Thanks mate!
abhii176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2015, 02:46   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
K&N filter is doable for me. While I have heard a lot about them, its good to have a testimony from another Getz owner. The car is still on stock spark plugs, so I guess that it's high time that it gets a new set. I think I'll buy NKG.

Any update on KN Filter/ Iridium plugs? In my personal experience these mods are basic and hardly make a noticeable difference. For the price you spend on a Kn filter you can get headers done without changing the exhaust if excess noise is an issue, this should cost you 5k - 8k if done by Raj's assistant Shabir. You can tell them you want the torque to be concentrated on the low rpm range. But, don't expect a huge difference. I'm just being realistic with, I used to own a santro which had a cold air intake kit, headers by raj and iridium plugs. All together it may have added 4 or 5 bhp so I know its ridiculous when people claim 15 bhp increase with these mods. I hope your stalling issue is sorted.

Last edited by ampere : 31st May 2015 at 06:22. Reason: Formatted Post
RogueRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2015, 10:41   #37
BHPian

Talking Re: Kiirus remap: Adding new life to an aging Hyundai Getz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueRider View Post
Any update on KN Filter/ Iridium plugs? In my personal experience these mods are basic and hardly make a noticeable difference.
I hope your stalling issue is sorted.
The update is, I have opted against all mods. . In general, the car is niggle free, rattle free. So, I have left it like that.

The stalling issue was with my driving style (or the lack of it). I realize it now that I was more irritated by frequent non-engagement of the reverse gear. A visit through the manual (for spark plugs specifications) enlightened me on this. If the reverse does not engage, put it in first and then re-engage the reverse. Works like a charm.

The only mod I have done is to buy magnetic sunshades from E-Bay for 600 odds. The AC performance has improved incredibly. Current weather in NCR is testing it a lot and we have never felt uneasy one bit unless sun is directly peeking from windscreen. This is at par with our i10 AC or maybe better now.

In short, I have got rid of all of the irritants without much of a cost. I have been driving it a lot (that means 1000 KM per month ).

Last edited by atnyia : 1st June 2015 at 10:50.
atnyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2015, 07:58   #38
Senior - BHPian

I am contemplating a remap done from Kiirus for my old Honda Jazz. I have driven a friend's jazz which was remapped by Kiirus and there is a huge improvement in low end response and the engine is even more eager to rev. Kiirus claims around 15 BHP of additional power and 15 Nm of torque due to remap. They also claim some improvement in mileage. As per my friend, he is getting 1-2 kmpl more after the remap along with much better performance.

Kiirus is based out of Mumbai though they travel sometimes to Bangalore when they have a bunch of cars lined up. I am based out of Hyderabad. They normally don't come to Hyderabad as there are not much interest. I have spoken to their owner and they are willing to come to Hyderabad if there are more cars.

So, if anyone from Hyderabad is interested for a remap, please get in touch with me through PM. And this is just not restricted to the Jazz. They have remaps available for most cars. You can call them or get in touch through their facebook page.

http://kiirus.in/
adimicra is offline   Reply With Quote