Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 3rd August 2012, 15:21   #1
Default VW Jetta TDI - noise while accelerating

My Jetta 2009 was sounding a bit odd in lower gears. There's more "bass" to the engine growl sound sometimes when accelerating. Took it to the service guys and they did lift it up to check for probable damage all along the exhaust line - but no gas seemed to be leaking.

Service advisors also took a test drive but it was one of those times when everything was sounding usual so couldn't make them hear what exactly i was talking about.

Took it again to the dealer when it was making the noise. Was told that this problem is faced with lots of other Jettas/ Passats. As per them the problem lies with the hose vibrating and touching the body thereby making a noise. It has been temporarily fixed by placing a rolled up paper ball at the arrow tip (see below) so that the hose doesn't touch the body.

Any comments will be welcome on whether what they have done is right.
Attached Images

Last edited by aghosht : 3rd August 2012 at 15:42. Reason: clarification
aghosht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2012, 16:26   #2
Default Re: VW Jetta TDI - noise while accelerating

I am unable to understand the solution given, is it that the housing/clamp of the hose is loose, and only in low gears- low speeds? I have not encountered this issue - touch wood.

Congratulations on keeping the engine bay so clean.

Do keep us Jetta owners-motorists updated of your experience and your service history. How much does your J show on the odo? Mine has done approximately 36,700 kms since June 2009 and has gone through three rounds of annual service - in 2010,2011 & in 2012.

Which workshop do you patronise - is it the Downtown VW workshop in Lalbaug cha Raja?

Last edited by issigonis : 3rd August 2012 at 16:28. Reason: Added a point
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote