Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2012, 10:45   #16
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL 01
Posts: 4,415
Thanked: 2,328 Times
Red face re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Reacall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Fellows,

I receivced a letter from Ford India yesterday notifying about service program for Rear Twist beam in Fiesta Old, Classic and Figo.

I am attaching PDF for your reference. It says that particular VIN nos have the issue and they will receive the letter. Upon receipt, the owner need to take an appointment and servcie will do it FOC which includes Part and Labour. Also will provide free water wash.

If you have not received the letter, do make it a point to check with service station or call Ford India.

I am really happy to see these drives. My Fiesta is now 29 Months and 39K on Oddo. Good to see Ford taking good care of our cars.

Cheers
Eventhough twist beam failures are very rare it does happen. Check the thread below, it has happened with us. It started with the exact same metallic creaking noise as mentioned in the PDF and the axle broke.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...m-cracked.html (2009 Hyundai i10 Rear Suspension Collapsed!! Torsion Beam Cracked!)

If you hear any unusual noise get it checked ASAP.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 10:58   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 231
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra
Where exactly is the VIN number located? I was not able to find it below the seat as mentioned
If you own a figo, then u can check the vin number on the rear right hand side quarter glass. It is mentioned on the white sticker and starts with the alphabets MAJ and has a total of 17 alphanumeric characters.
Diesel lover is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 13:36   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 504
Thanked: 175 Times
Default re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Reacall

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Where exactly is the VIN number located? I was not able to find it below the seat as mentioned
VIN = Vechile Identification Number

If you have the smart card with you (Car's Regitration Card) You will find the number on it. Chaisis Number and Engine Number is the VIN number.

I have given my car for the getting the part changed today. They did not ramp the car. Just took it for replacement. Looking at their attitude, some how, have very little hope that they will do anything. How can I be sure that the part was actually replaced? Any visual clues that I can look for? (Apart from the part appearing new?)

The represenattive was more busy in asking for any other issues which the car has and side tracked the twist beam issue completely. I have asked them not to do anything apart from the replacement for the faulty part. And yes, please wash the car!!

Will be collecting my car tomorrow morining and will update the forum.

Cheers!
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 13:56   #19
BHPian
 
pramodpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 921
Thanked: 412 Times
Default re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Reacall

I checked the VIN of my car in the website and it shows that my car also has faulty part. I called up Metro Ford St Mark's road and they are aware of the issue. I asked them whether I can get it done next month as my car is due for service next month but they advised me to get it done ASAP. They said that they will inspect and replace only if required.
pramodpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 13:56   #20
BHPian
 
sumathindra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 591
Thanked: 184 Times
Default re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Reacall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
VIN = Vechile Identification Number

If you have the smart card with you (Car's Regitration Card) You will find the number on it. Chaisis Number and Engine Number is the VIN number.

I have given my car for the getting the part changed today. They did not ramp the car. Just took it for replacement. Looking at their attitude, some how, have very little hope that they will do anything. How can I be sure that the part was actually replaced? Any visual clues that I can look for? (Apart from the part appearing new?)

The represenattive was more busy in asking for any other issues which the car has and side tracked the twist beam issue completely. I have asked them not to do anything apart from the replacement for the faulty part. And yes, please wash the car!!

Will be collecting my car tomorrow morining and will update the forum.

Cheers!
Hey thanks a ton. Yes the VIN number is nothing but the chassis number and it is there on the smart card. Apparently the below message appeared after giving my VIN number:

There is 1 Field Service Action
1
FSA Number: S1204
FIGO FIESTA REAR TWIST BEAM
Yes, your vehicle is included in the Ford Field Service Action. We advise that you get in touch with your nearest Ford Dealer

I will be calling Lathangi Ford in a while now.
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 14:04   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 4,867
Thanked: 1,846 Times
Smile re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Reacall

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
There is 1 Field Service Action
1
FSA Number: S1204
FIGO FIESTA REAR TWIST BEAM
Yes, your vehicle is included in the Ford Field Service Action. We advise that you get in touch with your nearest Ford Dealer
I too got the same message when I keyed in my VIN on the website, I thought the FSA number would be unique, but I guess its the same as yours.

I called up the local Ford workshop and was told that the RTB would be inspected first and if required replaced, however when I pointed out the website message the lady on the other end confirmed they would do the replacment.

I guess not all Ford workshops personnel are aware of this replacement thing.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 14:16   #22
BHPian
 
sumathindra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 591
Thanked: 184 Times
Default re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Reacall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I too got the same message when I keyed in my VIN on the website, I thought the FSA number would be unique, but I guess its the same as yours.

I called up the local Ford workshop and was told that the RTB would be inspected first and if required replaced, however when I pointed out the website message the lady on the other end confirmed they would do the replacment.

I guess not all Ford workshops personnel are aware of this replacement thing.
Well I just got out of a call with the service manager of Lathangi Ford. He says that FIGO's and Fiesta have the same RTB, however there was a certain batch which used an older manufacturing technology. These are the ones that are being replaced after they check the batch numbers printed on the RTB. If it is the new technology one, no replacement is required. The reason ford is doing this; all customers can get the benefit of the new technology RTB. That's nice of them however I do not see them proactively reaching out to customers with this issue. I came to know about this on this forum y'day!

I plan to take my car either now or first thing in the morning and get this addressed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Fellows,

If you have not received the letter, do make it a point to check with service station or call Ford India.

Cheers
@Firebird thanks for pointing this out which will benefit a lot of FIGO/Fiesta owners. Appreciate the gesture

I am getting mine inspected. Just a query, is replacement mandatory or will they check and take a call. See my previous post and the dealer says replacement may not be needed if the RTB is the newgen one.

Anyways thanks again.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th August 2012 at 07:33.
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 15:44   #23
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 504
Thanked: 175 Times
Default re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Reacall

Please correct my understanding, I might be wrong at the assumption:

Will we need to do a wheel alignment after the RTB is changed?

Another thing, how would we come to know if we really have the new gen RTB already installed? What if the Servicing guys are taking us for a ride saying the part does not need to be replaced?

Will there be any noticable difference in the way the car handles? Right now my car sways right to left a little if I go over a stone or uneven road surface at speeds more than 50-55 KM PH. (I was told that this happens because of independent suspension by the Ford guys, though I do not 100% agree to it)
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 16:12   #24
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 13,994
Thanked: 17,737 Times
Default re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Reacall

Just checked and my VIN is part of the FSA. Plan to take the car on Saturday for the replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Please correct my understanding, I might be wrong at the assumption:

Will we need to do a wheel alignment after the RTB is changed?
No need for alignment at the rear since it is not an independent suspension. Alignment is needed at the rear only for independent suspension if the rear has camber/caster adjust options.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 16:44   #25
BHPian
 
pramodpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 921
Thanked: 412 Times
Default re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Reacall

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
I checked the VIN of my car in the website and it shows that my car also has faulty part. I called up Metro Ford St Mark's road and they are aware of the issue. I asked them whether I can get it done next month as my car is due for service next month but they advised me to get it done ASAP. They said that they will inspect and replace only if required.
I had written a mail to Ford India this morning and got a call from them few minutes back. They asked me to get the car inspected at the earliest. Have booked an appointment at St Marks Road this saturday.
pramodpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 19:32   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 74
Thanked: 10 Times
Default re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Reacall

Hi

Any suggestion on good service centre in bangalore? Planning to take vehicle to Lathangi ford in bannerghatta, but I see a lot of bad reviews about them. Hows their service recently?

Thanks
english is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 20:58   #27
BHPian
 
Parthasarathig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pothole-city
Posts: 887
Thanked: 487 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by english
Hi

Any suggestion on good service centre in bangalore? Planning to take vehicle to Lathangi ford in bannerghatta, but I see a lot of bad reviews about them. Hows their service recently?

Thanks
Head to the St Marks road service center. That's where I go and pretty good service.

Anyone heading over to Metro ford St Marks road this Sunday? If we all go together then we can ensure the parts get replaced and service guys don't take us for a ride. As a team we can ensure that.

Please post here if you are going there this Sunday.

Thanks.
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 23:00   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
xingamazon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,399
Thanked: 107 Times
Default re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Reacall

That does seem like very important information. I appreciate Ford coming out and agreeing to replace parts, this is something all manufacturers need to follow.
I am trying to understand how are they planning to tackle the crowd it all of the owners go at the same time.
I am guessing that is the reason they are sending mailer, I am guessing they have the list of people for whom they will be sending mails every week to tackle the crowd.

BTW, we need to move this thread to Indian car scene to create more awareness on this topic to enable others view this topic.

Last edited by xingamazon : 8th August 2012 at 23:02.
xingamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 23:05   #29
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 74
Thanked: 10 Times
Default re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Reacall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post

Please post here if you are going there this Sunday.

Thanks.

Thanks Parthasarathi. I have noticed few small cracks on the coolant container and awaiting ford response on that. I have never seen such a thing in a maruti.

Not sure if they would revert by this weekend, if not I will plan for next week, but cant do that on a sunday
english is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 12:44   #30
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 504
Thanked: 175 Times
Default re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Reacall

Guys! Got my car back today morning!

About the Experience:

Let me start with telling, I had forgetten some Rs.250 in the car. Got it back from the Advisor! Kudos to him!

Now about the car:

The part was replaced yesterday itself and when I drove it out of the service center could eaisly identify the change. Initially, I could feel the car swaying right to left on uneven surfaces. That is gone!
Also, I could feel a very slight change in the hieght of the car at rear.
The car now feel much more sure footed and hands much better negotiating uneven surfaces and pot holes.

So, in all I am happy the way car is behaving now.Though the car is not washed properly, but thats secondary, can get it done anytime.

Toatl Bill: Rs.0/- only!

Cheers!
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford India announces a Recall of Figo and Fiesta Classic vehicles xingamazon The Indian Car Scene 2 14th August 2012 09:24
Toyota ETIOS Recall - Aberration in the filter hose. Munish myetios The Indian Car Scene 77 22nd January 2012 05:16
Attn Fiesta TDCI Owners! It's time to check R134 AC Dual hose pipe Jebs Technical Stuff 5 27th January 2011 19:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks