Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2012, 06:00   #121
BHPian
 
HappyRoadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 418
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Recall

Yesterday I gave my car for RTB checkup. And also asked them to upgrade the ECU firmware. They said it will take 6-7 hours to complete all the work. They informed me that they will be able to deliver the car the next day i.e. today at 12 noon. Lets see what happens. Please let me know how to check whether RTB has been changed or not?
HappyRoadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 12:23   #122
BHPian
 
sumathindra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 591
Thanked: 184 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Yesterday I gave my car for RTB checkup. And also asked them to upgrade the ECU firmware. They said it will take 6-7 hours to complete all the work. They informed me that they will be able to deliver the car the next day i.e. today at 12 noon. Lets see what happens. Please let me know how to check whether RTB has been changed or not?
Hey a quick question, is the ECU firmware update needed? How old is your car and is there a specific requirement to do so after sometime. Let me know please.
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 14:40   #123
BHPian
 
HappyRoadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 418
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Hey a quick question, is the ECU firmware update needed? How old is your car and is there a specific requirement to do so after sometime. Let me know please.
I purchased my car in October 2010. Thrre is an engine stalling issue that is present in my car. This issue was reported by many members here. Therefore Ford has released an ECU firmware update to rectify the issue. That is why I am getting the ECU firmware updated. Hope it helps.
HappyRoadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 16:06   #124
BHPian
 
Figopian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 348
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Recall

I had booked an appointment with planet Ford for tomorrow. just got a call from them saying they are out of stock with the part, so cancelled my appointment. Pretty sick since they know the no. of vehicles they inspect per day and the appointments they have, they failed to pile up their inventory :(
Anyway, I will have to wait till next week to hear back from them.
Figopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 16:32   #125
BHPian
 
Parthasarathig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pothole-city
Posts: 887
Thanked: 484 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian
I had booked an appointment with planet Ford for tomorrow. just got a call from them saying they are out of stock with the part, so cancelled my appointment. Pretty sick since they know the no. of vehicles they inspect per day and the appointments they have, they failed to pile up their inventory :(
Anyway, I will have to wait till next week to hear back from them.
Same here. I was suppsed to go in today but they are out of stock. Booked for next week. Lets see. I hope Ford doesnt stop the FSA till all the customers get it.

How long do these programs continue? Any idea? Suppose someone's beam is replaced and at a later date it develops cracks. Will it be replaced again FOC or need to pay for it?

Thanks.
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 16:39   #126
BHPian
 
Brix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 585
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Recall

I am getting springy noises from the car. Especially when going over bumps and elevations. Dont have the patience to go to the dealership again. So will wait it out to see if it disappears.
Brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 16:41   #127
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 22
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Recall

Just got a letter from Ford India today. Immediately booked the appointment with Bhavna Ford at Kalina.

just wanted to know, how long would it take for the defected part to be replaced?
nekfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 18:49   #128
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 74
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Chariot View Post
I booked a service appointment for last Thursday after i checked my vin in the Ford India website and got it for last Friday, went there early morning 8:30 as per booking and there was no body attend at lathangi ford,
I had similar exp last week. Had made appointment at 7 am and nobody turned up till quarter to 8 and got delivery after 7 to my disappointment with scratches on the car.

But Ford customer support was good enough to look into this
english is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 21:22   #129
BHPian
 
HappyRoadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 418
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Recall

Today I got my car back. The RTB is replaced and the ECU is updated. Lets see what is the difference in driving.
HappyRoadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2012, 23:28   #130
BHPian
 
Blow Horn Ok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bokaro
Posts: 534
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Reacall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
After the replacement, there was no change in the way the car behaves. It feels a little better since the RTB also house the rubber bushes. Newer bushes and tightened suspension results in a tighter feeling. Although I am getting a faint sound when I go over sharp bumps. Need to observe this in details. Since the RTB removal involves dismantling the entire rear drum brakes and then assembling them again, they have changed the hand brake setting.
Vid, are you sure they changed the rubber bushes in your car?

I was present when they carried out the change on my car and apart from the beam, nothing new was changed except for 4 rivets and the same was mentioned in the Invoice.

Even My car has started giving spring creaking noises over bad roads after the RTB job. So after a full day @ service center this came as an additional gift

Along with that noise I am very much annoyed by the creaking door beading.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2012, 00:07   #131
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 13,839
Thanked: 17,191 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Reacall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Vid, are you sure they changed the rubber bushes in your car?
They didn't change it. I meant put back the older ones into the new RTB.

The rubber bushes were not there in my car originally and added as part of a TSB (technical service bulletin). I was thinking with the RTB change, they may throw these bushes but these were also carried over from the old setup.

The noise doesn't happen everytime but everytime you go over some sharp bump like the shopping mall speed breakers.

Am not in the country so need to follow up once I'm back.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2012, 00:28   #132
BHPian
 
Blow Horn Ok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bokaro
Posts: 534
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Recall

The big springs which rests on the beam has no rubber bushes on the lower side but has each one of them on the upper part on both sides. Is it ok?
Blow Horn Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2012, 00:36   #133
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 13,839
Thanked: 17,191 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
The big springs which rests on the beam has no rubber bushes on the lower side but has each one of them on the upper part on both sides. Is it ok?
I have them on the lower side as well but not bushes, just rubber washers type. Take a look the post and you can see the springs don't rest directly on metal RTB.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post2872766
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2012, 00:53   #134
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 1,927
Thanked: 1,927 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Recall

Seems to me the RTB replacements has given owners more noise than what was there and in some cases , from no noise to contineous noise now.

I had got the RTB replaced a couple of weeks back and could instantly hear a rubbery sound from the rear left corner. It could be heard only with windows up. I mentioned the same during service a couple of days back and clearly mentioned it was after the RTB replacement .

When I went to pick up the car and asked the advisor if he got it fixed, he instantaneous reply was the sound is due to the speakers fixed on the rear parcel shelf., for which I told him that I had mentioned clearly that it was after the RTB replacement. I left it at that since the sound was not audible unless you actually listen.

Sadly, now the noise has increased and is quite audible and occurs even on well paved roads.
Looks like these chaps havent used a part required or havent done a good job fiitting the RTB.

Eitherways I am going to visit them soon to give him a piece of my mind.
tharian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2012, 18:03   #135
BHPian
 
Blow Horn Ok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bokaro
Posts: 534
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I have them on the lower side as well but not bushes, just rubber washers type. Take a look the post and you can see the springs don't rest directly on metal RTB.
I checked my car and there are no bushes on the lower side of the springs. Also I haven't received any kind of notification from Ford regarding this issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Seems to me the RTB replacements has given owners more noise than what was there and in some cases , from no noise to contineous noise now.

I had got the RTB replaced a couple of weeks back and could instantly hear a rubbery sound from the rear left corner. It could be heard only with windows up. I mentioned the same during service a couple of days back and clearly mentioned it was after the RTB replacement .

When I went to pick up the car and asked the advisor if he got it fixed, he instantaneous reply was the sound is due to the speakers fixed on the rear parcel shelf., for which I told him that I had mentioned clearly that it was after the RTB replacement. I left it at that since the sound was not audible unless you actually listen.

Sadly, now the noise has increased and is quite audible and occurs even on well paved roads.
Looks like these chaps havent used a part required or havent done a good job fiitting the RTB.

Eitherways I am going to visit them soon to give him a piece of my mind.
I hear springy-squeaky kind of sound when the windows are rolled up. It feels like the suspension noise of an old ambassador taxi's of kolkata Sadly these days whenever i drive I constantly hunt to track several noises and don't enjoy driving at all.

If i complaint, I know I would be guided to the service center but I don't have time and patience to visit the A.S.S.C again! Few more customers who got their RTB replaced were complaining of sounds which were not before the replacement!
Blow Horn Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford India announces a Recall of Figo and Fiesta Classic vehicles xingamazon The Indian Car Scene 2 14th August 2012 09:24
Toyota ETIOS Recall - Aberration in the filter hose. Munish myetios The Indian Car Scene 77 22nd January 2012 05:16
Attn Fiesta TDCI Owners! It's time to check R134 AC Dual hose pipe Jebs Technical Stuff 5 27th January 2011 19:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks