Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 20th April 2006, 20:40   #1
BHPian

Question Zen related doubts

i have 2000 Jan Zen Carb and have put headers and a free flow exhaust.plus i have a stock replacement k&n filter which i have kept open and removed the filter box.i was under the assumption that power would increase drastically but then there's a nice difference all the same.was wopndering what are the modification options to increase the power some more but avoiding drastic drop in fuel efficiency.I dont have much technical know how on the whole working and stuff so would like to know what i can do.
A S H V I N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2006, 21:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Well mate, as they say u cant have ur own cake and eat it too! The stock set up on most indian cars is designed to give u decent enough power with decent enough FE for that engine.... otherwise the car wont selll in the indian market!
But still, since u r ok with slight drop in FE, you have some options:
1. Switch to alloys!! The weight reduction will give some more power at your disposal. Theoretically your FE will also improve.
2. Tuning!! But there will be a slight drop in FE.
3. Hotcam it! Some more drop in FE but awesome increase in power.
4. Plonk an esteem engine! But the change in FE will depend on how the engine has been worked upon.
5. Porting and polishing.
6. Custom air intake. Your current setup will be throwing in hot air, whereas what you need is cold air.

those are the ones i can think of, but am sure there are some more.

I am also not a techie when it comes to car mods, the tuners on this forum are better equipped to give the techie explainations but most of them are too busy preparing for the SpeedRun this weekend...

So... there u have it.
Amitoj
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2006, 19:58   #3
BHPian

hey man thanks for information

i am planning to switch to alloys and get a universal filter plus make a new modified hood to get direct air intake from outside.. these are just some plans i have as of now but wanted to work with some solid technical ideas .. who do you suggest i get in touch with for more details?

anyways

shall catch you later .. drive safe

A S H V I N
A S H V I N is offline   Reply With Quote