Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 27th April 2006, 14:11   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
when i ahd written to maruti about it ,they replied back saying that small cars will have the owners sitting in teh front ,so PW's are required only in the front
,whereas cars like the esteem might have owner's sitting in the rear seat..so they have PW's in the rear as well ...

all crap
huuh.. How come a front runner automobile company in India could come up with such an idiotic excuse. Dont they have minimum commonsense?
dodge3p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2006, 14:21   #17
BHPian

I guess that is ..venkat..! But I also wonder why is it that small cars don't have de-mister in the rear glass...Most of the basic models of small cars don't...It just like not giving seat belts to save costs...!
wolfinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2006, 14:53   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein
I guess that is ..venkat..! But I also wonder why is it that small cars don't have de-mister in the rear glass...Most of the basic models of small cars don't...It just like not giving seat belts to save costs...!
True, safety is always kept aside and indian manufacturer are trying cut prices.....yes most of small cars dont have demisters(defoggers)

only the "top-end-models" in each of those small cars have them

once in my M800 during a rain in afternoon, there was so much mist formed inside the car that i couldn't drive !! so that i made up mind that which ever would be my next car it has to have a rear-defogger.
venkatrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2006, 16:52   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

We are to blame for it because most of the buying public sees these devices as luxuries\accesories & are not willing to pay extra for these. Hell how many of the members here buy the top end model whihc has all the safety goodies.

So why just blame the companies
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2006, 22:13   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Rearwiper is required not to clear rain-water droplets, but its purpose is to clear the dirt that is thrown on to the rear windwo by your own car's rear tyres
How can this be possible?
sbasak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2006, 22:30   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Rearwiper is required not to clear rain-water droplets, but its purpose is to clear the dirt that is thrown on to the rear windwo by your own car's rear tyres
sbasak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2006, 13:41   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbasak
Due to some law of physics, it seems

I do not know exactly how.....but this is what a car salesman told me, when i asked him why Baleno doesn't come with 'rear wiper'.

he told that in sedans, the boot is behind the rear-wheels so the dirt splashed by the rear-tyres cannot reach the rear window. hence there the rear window will have only rain water which doesn't stay on glass, but just slides down.

He also told that none of the sedans have rear-wiper for this same reason baleno, nhc, accord, ikon etc.

Last edited by venkatrx : 28th April 2006 at 13:42.
venkatrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2006, 14:06   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
We are to blame for it because most of the buying public sees these devices as luxuries\accesories & are not willing to pay extra for these. Hell how many of the members here buy the top end model whihc has all the safety goodies.

So why just blame the companies
The point here is that the company is not even providing these accessories in any of thier variants. I personally feel that there would be a higher demand for VXi models than the Lxi models of Wagon R if it comes fitted with power windows on all four doors.
dodge3p is offline   Reply With Quote