Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 25th April 2006, 16:15   #1
BHPian

Default Autocop ... need advice

Hi Guys,

The guy who fixed my Autocop in my XETA, had disconnected the battery terminal for some time. I had to set the clock again after the terminal was connected. Besides the clock, is there anything else which needs to be set? Would this have affected the ECU? I am a layman in these things.

Also, the kit came with 6 sensors - 4 doors, bonnet and boot. But he did not fix the boot, because he said Indica does not need it. When I insisted, he said it could be fitted only by drilling extra holes, so I avoided it.

Please advise on these two issues.

Thanks & Regards,
abdriver2000
abdriver2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2006, 16:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

When the battery is reconnected, your customs settings in your ICE will be reset to factory settings. You have to set them again.
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2006, 16:46   #3
BHPian

What is ICE? And how do you set it again?
Old 25th April 2006, 16:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

ICE=In car entertainment...meaning your stereo. Look in the manual for modifying the settings again.
Deeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2006, 18:19   #5
Team-BHP Support

No, under normal circumstances disconnecting the battery won't mean any resetting except for the clock.

However, about the second point... immediately rush back to the installer and tell him that you want that hatch sensor on. Do you understand what you have now? If you leave your car locked ('autocop'ed) basically one can open the rear hatch and get inside the car and then it beats the whole purpose of having it. Also, the hatch has a sensor. Open the hatch... the cabin light comes on. Also, there is a light in the hatch which comes on if the switch is on. The autocop is attached to this sensor.

Another thing... are you sure he said this only about the hatch?!!! Normally the bonnet also needs drilling and a sensor. Many installers show that as a reason to leave it out (its a crap reasoning). You MUST have both installed.

Last edited by Zappo : 25th April 2006 at 18:21.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2006, 15:59   #6
BHPian

I got the boot sensor installed yesterday. Had to run after the dealer, but finally got the chink in the armor removed
Old 2nd May 2006, 18:25   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000
I got the boot sensor installed yesterday. Had to run after the dealer, but finally got the chink in the armor removed
Thats good. Waise this is a India-wide malady of the installers I guess. They somehow always try to skip on the hatch and the bonnet sensor install.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote