Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 14th May 2006, 22:55   #31
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar
Hey ECM

this is what the mechanic said about the plug and i changed the coolant last month the car has done 2000kms after that. so i think i sould get it done and the best part is it dosent knock infront of a mechanic . I think there is some psychologic thing with the car . but it is quit embaracing as i cannot take it any where with my family as they tend to get worried when this happens. regarding the compression ratio can you throw some light on it like where can it be done and the cost involved and some basic knowledge about it. i am alos intrested in decarbonisation as i have never done it and the car has done 59000+. Tell me aout the cost of this as well
Pramod to be honest I judge fm all your msgs one thing,
*You do not service your car as ASC,Am I right?This I got threw reading your several msgs in this thread for example scooter plug/wrong timing and first tapit check etc..etc..
Go to MASS and hand over your car to them.They will report you the exact prob and then ask them abt the cost.I rest my case here.
ECM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 01:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

ECM dude totally agree with u.Pramod your car needs a dose of an authorized service station.Find a good MASS and give it to them for the job
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 01:07   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hey ecm goin with the topic wanted to ask u how many kilometeres is one supposed to change the entire coolant in the car.I have never done it in my maruti 800 ever.Its an 1998 model carbureted run 62000 km
Old 15th May 2006, 01:40   #34
Awaiting Email Confirmation

dude u can also get the air filter element replaced....... i had a omni and during expressway runs gave a lot of problem....... i got the air filter replaced.. saying that your car has done a lot of kms i think this will be best...... u can also try changing the petrol filters...... i suggest you to use regular petrol. my omni also faced the knocking problem with speed
anupam9055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2006, 18:50   #35
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hey Guys foud the culprit !!!!

Took the car to a MAS station to get the fuel guage repaired when every thing was fitted back the car did not start then upon checking the guy said that the fule pump is faulty. As the fuel supplied is not sufficient gave the asked the guy if it can be worked upon. he said this can be replaced. Upon asking the price it was a shocking 3500 Rs for a local one and some where about 5500 Rs for the maruti genuine one. got the shock of my life but some how got the courage to get it done, did that then same problem. I was very upset and was about to sell my car that is when head the mehanic came into the scene. and he asked the guy to check the fuel line and it was not fine and when checked the petrol filter it was completely chocked. i asked the mechanic in a very angary voice what if the fuel pump in my car is working? He said it is not or he must have kept his fingures crossed for that. they were not ready to get the old pump back in the car that is when i started raising my voice and the supervioser came in and told me there will be and extra labour cost for doing that and when it was done and the fuel filter changed every thing was fine. Guys just imagine a fuel filter worth 50 rs can make you spen more than 7000 rs if it is wrongly diagnosed. and for the maruti guys i nearly screwed their happiness. I will not name them but they are at gurgaon near maruti factory and i told the supervioser to come with me to maruti and tell this directly to them that i have to pay for a part which i never installed nad to pay for its labour cost soon they understood their fault(or atleast i understand that) they appologised and told me just to pay for the fuel filter and now every thing is fine at last
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2006, 19:33   #36
ECM
BHPian

Honestly I feel you dear Pramod as the main hero behind this scene.Why U did not take your car to MASS before and never though of changing petrol Filter?(if I am correct we discussed this and u wrote that it is okay).I hence pasting msgs by our various members for your reference.
{1) Low Pick Up's- Usually the case of Fuel Filter going bad, MPFI Injection System needs cleaning, throttle needs cleaning, Fuel Pmp is not pumping the required amount for High speed intake..Some clog maybe...!}=wolfinstein
And you said to him>

Hey wolf thanks for the reply. i got the fuel filter checked looks fine
!!!!!!!!! how amazing Pramod this is isn't it?

Then came a reply from Jat,he wrote>The signs indicate fuel flow blockage. Could be carb, filter etc but seems more like filter.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------------------------------
Sumitkalindi also advised you like this>Just try to rev up the car and check if the knoking comes at higher revs.

If there is problem in the fuel filter or carbs it should knock at higher revs, speed or no speed.
---------------------------------
It took us a long time to know which car u are having dear Pramod and finally you wrote about the drinking oil prob now this has nothing to do with fuel fileter,what happened to that prob dear brother?
You wrote>Hey ECM

{The Omen is back now the car is also doing it at a low rev at 20-40km/h. So i suspect its somthing to do with the coil. The mechanic said he did this cause it was drinking a lot of oil. As i said now i will take it to a autherised guy. or i have a cousin bro who has a w/s in delhi i may take it to him tomorrow}

In short a very small thing was the culprit behind this but I wish no small thing will be involved in yr oil prob,get it done as soon as possible or sell off the car if u get a fair price.Bye.
Old 19th May 2006, 20:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar
Hey Guys foud the culprit !!!!

Took the car to a MAS station to get the fuel guage repaired when every thing was fitted back the car did not start then upon checking the guy said that the fule pump is faulty. As the fuel supplied is not sufficient gave the asked the guy if it can be worked upon. he said this can be replaced. Upon asking the price it was a shocking 3500 Rs for a local one and some where about 5500 Rs for the maruti genuine one
Guys 5500 for a genuin MGP fuel pump.. for maruti esteem ..the fuel pump of maruti 800 carbureted is about 350 bucks as its a mechanical fuel pump and carbureted esteem also has a mechanical fuel pump so how can there there be such a vast difference between the price of the fuel pumps..?agreed that maruti 800s engine is 3 pot motor and less cc compared to esteem so the esteem fuel pump will be bigger but more than 10 times the price for the fuel pump..now thats something unbelivable
Old 19th May 2006, 21:42   #38
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum
Guys 5500 for a genuin MGP fuel pump.. for maruti esteem ..the fuel pump of maruti 800 carbureted is about 350 bucks as its a mechanical fuel pump and carbureted esteem also has a mechanical fuel pump so how can there there be such a vast difference between the price of the fuel pumps..?agreed that maruti 800s engine is 3 pot motor and less cc compared to esteem so the esteem fuel pump will be bigger but more than 10 times the price for the fuel pump..now thats something unbelivable
That is the exact kind of shock i got when i heared that! well the esteem uses a electronic pump and the float is attached to the pump. the float alone costs about 1000 rs (only japneese part is available with maruti) and the pump is alos japneese hence the price. but there is a jugad avaiable you can fit a contessa fuel pump worth 8oo bucks which fits in the bonnet and this will improve the situation.

ECM

I can only pay the money it ios the mechanic who checks this and he said every thing is fine so you know this the mass people also changed all four spark plugs so now that thing is taken care of and he said that there is no unnessary oil consumption lets belive him for now(do i have a choice?) and i know other members have pointed me to the fuel pump but but i have to rely on the mechanic because he is the one who goes under the car and checks every thing. finally every thing looks fine got the alternator serviced and all looks good. need to get the self checked and the rear wheel joint checked then every thing will be fine. Or at least i hope so!
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2006, 22:37   #39
BHPian

And Ladies and Gentleman, The award for the correct hunch and diagnosis goes to ...You guessed it " Wolfinstein " and here I scream...!
Chalo..now the problem being solved..Pramod bhai I would request get your car serviced from your Mech if you like but get it serviced at least one out of three times at a MASS..!
Seems like the garage where you take your baby too,has lot of apprentices who are either new or inexpierenced because a Scooter plug in place of a Car Plug..Is a rare incident or Poor Skill set...!
About the fuel..Yes regulate your system with Power/Speed 93 and Regular petrol also ( 1 tank fill of Power vs 2-3 Tank Fill's of Regular Unleaded) This will keep the knocking at bay...!
wolfinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2006, 22:58   #40
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
I can only pay the money it ios the mechanic who checks this and he said every thing is fine so you know this the mass people also changed all four spark plugs so now that thing is taken care of and he said that there is no unnessary oil consumption lets belive him for now
If I am right you wrote that your car started consuming oil and at that time u had already replace the plugs..I am getting confused more and more but belive me I shall be the most happiest person if that is not the case now.With this I rest myself as far as this issue goes,good luck Pramod.