Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Closed Thread

Old 17th May 2006, 20:15   #91
BHPian

Default My Fellow country men

..., comrades, Team-Bhpians!!!,

I never assumed that this thread is going to produce so much heat.....
In Bangalore I have witnessed the ADs getting changed, wrong information etc...One side we have some unhappy customers , on the other we have some of us (including me) willing to adjust...

I would like to voice out something here...
This may not happen in today's corporate world, we all know what its like in IT? companies get grounded if they provide wrong information to it's customers........if the end-product is not satisfactory all the EFFORT goes for a toss!! (...hey we still get our salaries BTW)... sometimes people loose their jobs or get on bench... when it comes to IT we face world standards....

Now dont we all know that we face this very problem everywhere.... we work in world-class IT companies and wonderful infrastructure etc etc but our roads are filled with potholes though we sincerly (monthly wage earning souls) pay the Tax department every year..... our homes are still matchbox types (etc not everyone of us are rich)...they say we drive an 80s car....
We actually face this problem everywhere... we dont get what we want....

I feel it's the system in which Maruti has ruled over the years... you take it or leave it....we have to live with it....

....in this thread initially I wanted to know the differences between the BS-II and BS-III versions of Baleno, the technicalities.

If someone is serious and one step ahead of us to Sue somebody, i would be happy to stand with you... we all should, the Team-Bhp should....

Now the only point is how serious you are?

Else....we should cut the crap and leave it to our children....
Old 18th May 2006, 11:57   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce
If someone is serious and one step ahead of us to Sue somebody, i would be happy to stand with you... we all should, the Team-Bhp should....

Now the only point is how serious you are?

Else....we should cut the crap and leave it to our children....
, I think the moderators can close this thread and re-open when some-one from team-bhp files a case in consumer-court.
Old 18th May 2006, 13:35   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

I thought you were planning to sue MUL. Why the sudden disinterest ? Or were u just kicking up a cloud without any real interest, just for the heck of it ?
Old 18th May 2006, 13:48   #94
BHPian

Quote:
FE is never guaranteed, it depends on your driving style. For every guy who gets below 10, I am sure maruti can produce 10 more who get more than 12kmpl. You will find many in this forum, I too get around 11kmpl in city.
Well said Samurai. I too get a local mileage of 13.5 - 14.5kmpl in Chd however my friend even with a 1.5K kms old car gets a mileage which is always more than 15.

And let me tell you something the E-III Balenos are definitely more FE than the E-II's. THe ECU is more advanced. Case in point, I put a K&N stock filter in my E-III Baleno (july 2005) and did not have to do anything. THE ECU adjusted automatically and the car performs better and is more FE. With my uncle's, 1Lakh km done old E-II Baleno, we had to diconnect the battery and then drive the car for the ECU to reprogram itself.
Old 18th May 2006, 14:07   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
I thought you were planning to sue MUL. Why the sudden disinterest ? Or were u just kicking up a cloud without any real interest, just for the heck of it ?
The point raised on this thread was if maruti quotes 94 bhp when its really 91 bhp, is it "unethical" or "illegal".

Its apparant from the discussions that its "illegal", that means the issue can be taken to consumer-court. Now that being decided there is nothing more to discuss until some one goes to the court.

I might or might not go to the court. But if i do, then i will request the moderator to re-open this thread.
Old 18th May 2006, 14:22   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
The point raised on this thread was if maruti quotes 94 bhp when its really 91 bhp, is it "unethical" or "illegal".
I would like to correct you here. That was the point inserted by you in a thread that was actually started to discuss the tech. aspects of BSII and BSIII norms and why newer norms should lead to reducing the power. Just to refresh your memory, the point of the thread starter was the following :
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce
Hi Friends, I need a technical input regarding Baleno's power difference. I heard the EURO-III version is 91bhp@6000 RPM , but the earlier version like the 2003 one is 94 bhp. Is this true? If it is what are reasons for reducing the power of the car, by EURO norms?
It was a technical query for which bruce needed an explanation.
Adding the ethical / illegal part was your handiwork.

Quote:
Its apparant from the discussions that its "illegal", that means the issue can be taken to consumer-court. Now that being decided there is nothing more to discuss until some one goes to the court.
You were the one who perceived a hurt due to "unethical" business practices of MUL. Why should someone else oblige you by taking the mantle on your behalf ? You were wronged, you go sue them.
Old 18th May 2006, 14:22   #97
BHPian

Quote:

I might or might not go to the court. But if i do, then i will request the moderator to re-open this thread.
Till yesterday you were saying that it would cost you not more than 1k to file a case against MUL and you were soo sure you were going to file a case.Well, today your disinterest is evident. SB, you are soo right about Venky's actions. Yea Venky, you were sooo fired up till yesterday, now what happened???? Common, go sue MUL, you will make pots of money for sure if you by any chance manage to win the case and more impotantly you will get all your money back after you return your Baleno(i highly doubt like SB, Mclaren and others if you own one) to MUL, then you can buy a car of your choice....

Last edited by prince85 : 18th May 2006 at 14:41.
Old 18th May 2006, 14:41   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
Till yesterday you were saying that it would cost you not more than 1k to file a case against MUL and you were soo sure you were going to file a case.Well, today your disinterest is evident. SB, you are soo right about Venky's actions. Yea Venky, you were sooo fired up till yesterday, now what happened???? Common, go sue MUL, you will make pots of money for sure if you by any chance manage to win the case and more impotantly you will get all your money back after you return your Baleno to MUL, then you can buy a car of your choice....
Prince, the first time i mentioned about the misleading ad in bangalore newspaper, you called it crap, as if you are the marketing manager for maruti and you were sure that you didn't order it. Then when someone posted the webversion of the newspaper, you started to debate that 3 bhp difference is not a big deal

A guy will be called a thief regardless of him stealing ten rupees or ten-lakh rupees ...... he he.

Now anybody can go and sue maruti for this, the same goes with me, if i chose to i definitely can.
Old 18th May 2006, 14:44   #99
BHPian

Quote:
You were the one who perceived a hurt due to "unethical" business practices of MUL. Why should someone else oblige you by taking the mantle on your behalf ? You were wronged, you go sue them.
I am not asking any body to go and sue maruti, i stated that "nothing more to discuss until some one goes to the court" which simply means anybody can go including me when the thread can be restarted.

BTW why do you think only i can go to the court, anybody who has bought a baleno during the period when maruti posted these misleading ads, can go to the court.
Old 18th May 2006, 14:46   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Prince, the first time i mentioned about the misleading ad in bangalore newspaper, you called it crap, as if you are the marketing manager for maruti and you were sure that you didn't order it. Then when someone posted the webversion of the newspaper, you started to debate that 3 bhp difference is not a big deal

A guy will be called a thief regardless of him stealing ten rupees or ten-lakh rupees ...... he he.

Now anybody can go and sue maruti for this, the same goes with me, if i chose to i definitely can.
But my dear friend i am telling you once again that when i bought my Baleno i knew it was a 91bhp car and i din't have a problem with it. And about the 3bhp difference, i don't mind one bit as long as its more eco-friendly

And about suing MUL, it was your idea and you were the one who was all set and raring to sue MUL coz you are the only person who is saddenned by the 3bhp reduction. Now what happened??? aren't you going ahead to sue MUL like you said yesterday that you were going to???? This is what my question is

Last edited by prince85 : 18th May 2006 at 14:52.
Old 18th May 2006, 14:55   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
BTW why do you think only i can go to the court, anybody who has bought a baleno during the period when maruti posted these misleading ads, can go to the court.
Because the brochure they gave me shows 91bhp, not 94bhp as you say. Even my R.C. book says 91bhp. What do I sue them for ? For telling the truth. Did you get a brochure from them ? What does it say ? ie. assuming you did buy the car.
BTW, in their brochure I did notice that they mentioned body colored handles etc, but which was not present in the Vxi. But I bought the Lxi, so limited my effort to telling the sales guy that it was a wrong practice. If I had bought the Vxi, I would have taken action (not necessarily legal, as it is time and effort consuming in India).
Old 18th May 2006, 15:12   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, in their brochure I did notice that they mentioned body colored handles etc, but which was not present in the Vxi.
Are you sure of that ?
I've checked both the old brochure and the new single page one. The only body coloured part they mention is bumpers. They don't mention either handles or mirrors. The rest of it is just in the pics, for which they have a disclaimer.
Old 18th May 2006, 15:34   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I need a technical input regarding Baleno's power difference.

I heard the EURO-III version is 91bhp@6000 RPM , but the earlier version like the 2003 one is 94 bhp.
Is this true?
If it is what are reasons for reducing the power of the car, by EURO norms?
The above was the topic of thread, I am not sure whether that is answered. However, this thread has moved too far away from the topic without any conclusion possible. I am closing this thread. I will reopen the thread if somebody provides a real valid reason.
Closed Thread