Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 15th October 2012, 17:20   #16
Default Re: My Chevy Aveo catches Fire :-(

Thanks All for your response.

Yes, I did get the AutoCop installed from Chevy Dealership when I got the car. (even the chevy website promotes it on their website saying quality products).Yes it is 4Yrs+ Old and nothing has happened yet otherwise.

I had even got Anti-Rodent thing done in my engine bay as well (3 Years back) from Chevy workshop.

Although they are still not sure of the actual of cause of fire but they are certain it was due to the short of electrical circuit involving AutoCop as its wire caught fire (under the carpet at driver's end). Not sure how but this wire would wear out/ eaten up under the carpet.

After the final cost was given, I have written a mail to GM directly. No response yet but I heard from workshop that they had ensuired about the issue at their end the very next day.

I agree Insurance will only partly cover for various things, but insurance has refused to cover the cost of wiring replacement. It is covering Body parts, insulation etc.

Aplogise for the incohrent response, but I hope I answered all the doubts raised. Keeping my fingers crossed to get this issue resolved sooner.

However, I bit skeptical of driving the same machine again. Is there a good place/person from where/whom I can get it reassessed properly?
WheelWake is offline   Reply With Quote