Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 16th October 2012, 17:16   #31
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Diesel filter needed every 10K kms for the i20 Diesel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewheelin_KD View Post
For old Swifts, i.e. pre August 2011 models, I think only the element has to be replaced and not the whole cartridge. The cost for that is around Rs. 1,200. For new Swifts, the entire cartridge with the element has to be replaced. This post gives out the details on the same :http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2877205 (Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!)
Thanks, I didn't know that. I was referring to my 2007 Swift D. The new price is indeed surprising, rather shocking.
Eddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2012, 17:28   #32
BHPian

The frequency of filter change has increased mainly due to common rail diesel engines. The common rail pressure system is an expensive and sensitive piece of equipment that has limited tolerance to foreign particles and other impurities. Since the injectors output fuel at very high pressures, the quality of diesel entering the system is of high priority. Hence the expense is not related to any manufacturer per se, but the adoption of common rail diesel technology that has brought this. I reckon, the benefits of a common rail diesel far outweigh the cost of spares.
swiftdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2012, 18:23   #33
BHPian

Well i havent said anything to SA when i left the car for service nor they informed me about information you posted . It must be service center where you gave your car is saying that maruti has insisted . There was no such information given to me and also i got my car serviced just a week back so there's nothing new which has been communicated .

[quote=Freewheelin_KD;2934442]Buddy, the cost you have mentioned is only for the filter element and not the whole cartridge. Even i got it replaced for Rs.1,200 at my 20,000 Km service but I had to cajole and use techniques better not mentioned here to get the SA to replace the element. He said this is the last time he will do this as Maruti has strictly recommended that the entire cartridge be replaced for all new diesel Swifts.
Safari_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2012, 20:36   #34
BHPian

Hi All

Can anyone tell me how often the fuel filter of Ford TDCI need to be replaced.I never noticed this during my 54K kms of ownership of My Ford Ikon TDCi.

Often changed Oil filters ,but it costs very less .Approximately 350 Rs
BinFord is offline   Reply With Quote