Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 12th November 2012, 14:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI : ECL alarm and Engine stalled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikas Arora View Post
Another concern is that the car runs out of warranty in Feb 2013 since my BIL did not opt for extended warranty. So I have told him to discuss with the dealer and try to take in writing that if the replaced parts go kaput within 12 months then dealer will again replace them for free.
Buy extended warrantly NOW! As far I know warranty can be extended anytime before the current warranty period expires - as least in Honda / Hyundai
AbhiJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2012, 21:55   #17
BHPian

Folks, sorry for the delay in updating the latest on this front.

Car has been running fine after all the injectors were replaced under warranty. A final checkup was done 2 days ago and the scan report did not show any errors.

Service center was helpful and they replaced the parts in spite of an error in sale date of car in their database (btw, this error is still not fixed and it will take another 2-3 days to complete the paperwork due to this). Basically the dealer sends every report to Skoda and once they get some response from Skoda the end customer is informed. This is the reason why they did not say anything for initial few days. Anyhow all in all there is certainly some improvement in Skoda's after sales service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ

Buy extended warrantly NOW! As far I know warranty can be extended anytime before the current warranty period expires - as least in Honda / Hyundai
Skoda is not providing extended warranty now. My BIL has been trying but the dealer has clearly said that it is not possible.
Vikas Arora is offline   Reply With Quote