Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 15th December 2006, 21:21   #196
BHPian

there is no support for Pocket PC for gpswatch??
netarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2006, 13:57   #197
BHPian

heres my reviews of IQUE M4 GARMIN

so far so good
I am using map of BOMBAY, DELHI and all over India highways
it works prty well in Delhi, give calculation error 8/100 and whnever u want to go to any highway it calcultes only whn u reached that highway its funny
thats why I said so far so good
Cheers
Wadhwa Ajay
a4_attitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2006, 14:08   #198
BHPian

Wow.. Nice LCD you have there. Are the garmin maps good, does it have all the highways mapped properly??
Old 20th December 2006, 14:14   #199
Team-BHP Support

Hey a4, could you let me know where did you get that bracket for your Garmin. My Lowrance is similar sized but I dont have any bracket for it, so have to keep it on dash.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2006, 14:19   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Hey a4, could you let me know where did you get that bracket for your Garmin. My Lowrance is similar sized but I dont have any bracket for it, so have to keep it on dash.
I doubt they sell seprate, i got it with M4 only
a4_attitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2006, 17:26   #201
BHPian

Hi Netarchie,

The device i have got is the HTC P3300, has builtin GPS. www.htc.com

I would like to know if anyone here using the HYDERABAD or CHENNAI city maps of the STANAV.

How good are they? they show all the roads and POI's? even the small roads/bylanes?

If its real nice, then i plan to purchase this one.
Insane Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2006, 00:01   #202
BHPian

Satguide map are better and cheap compared to the rest of the mapping solutions available in the market for india.
Check their site satguide.in , now you can buy the maps online.
Old 27th December 2006, 20:33   #203
BHPian

i also vouch for satguide maps... they are better than the other solutions that i have tried (which means mapking)....
that said - expectations should be realistic for a first gen mapping solution.
Dont mean to scare people off, the maps are perfectly usable... :-)
manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2006, 23:21   #204
BHPian

Are there any good GPS software solutions on the Symbian Platform? I have a Nokia E61.
sharathjeppu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2006, 11:35   #205
BHPian

You might get lot of gps software for E61 but maps i am doubtfull. but i think vito has a very low profile indian maps. check Pocket PC Software and Symbian Software - VITO Technology Ltd
Old 28th December 2006, 20:27   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Hey mate!

check out Brodit Proclip | UK Supplier

They are the no.1 dealers on the net for BRODIT mounting solutions.

Brodit is like the world no.1 in pda/gps/phone mounting solutions! excellent quality and prices are good. am sure u will get what u want there.

See their "Suction Mounts" they are very good. just what u need.

Last edited by Insane Devil : 28th December 2006 at 20:29.
Insane Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2007, 22:50   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude View Post
Is there any GPS avialable in market which also works as mobile, its a great gadget, but worth only if it has mobile facility tooo, carrying two geomectry box is a tough job..
I heard some company launching it soon in India
any clues??
Cheers
Wadhwa Ajay
Htc p3300 is out in market which got inbuilt in Gps + 2cam +Fm radio +Window mobile + Wifi but has 200mhz processor !

Last edited by unknown : 5th January 2007 at 22:54.
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2007, 23:38   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
You might get lot of gps software for E61 but maps i am doubtfull. but i think vito has a very low profile indian maps. check Pocket PC Software and Symbian Software - VITO Technology Ltd
I found one software called MGMaps which works quite well using a GPRS connection. I use the google Satellite maps to get an idea of the terrain. The best thing is that it is free ! I use it in conjunction with a Bluetooth GPS Receiver (Holux GPSlim240) that I have recently acquired.

The only issue I have with this is that the back light of my E61 cannot be set to be kept on always. The max it will remain on is for 1 minute which is a bit of a pain at the moment.
Old 6th January 2007, 10:18   #209
BHPian

Check out O2 Apollo, that has got all the features that "unknown" has mentioned and has got 624MHz CPU to play with and has got 1GB ROM as well.

However, I think O2 Flame has got better features (no GPS but more than what Apollo has got).

Sharathjeepu,
Can you provide some more details how are you using your GPSlim? I've also got one and want to make a good use of it. I have stopped using MAPKing because of inaccuracy sometime back. I'm going over the features by destinator now but I may wait for next version of navigator s/w and maps before I invest again.
Thanks.

Last edited by Ketan : 6th January 2007 at 10:26.
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2007, 11:12   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post

Sharathjeepu,
Can you provide some more details how are you using your GPSlim? I've also got one and want to make a good use of it. I have stopped using MAPKing because of inaccuracy sometime back. I'm going over the features by destinator now but I may wait for next version of navigator s/w and maps before I invest again.
Thanks.
Hey Ketan,

You could try the MGMaps software. I think it is available for most PDA phones. The software does require any city map installed locally on teh PDA. It instead uses the concept of fetching maps from any of the free online map services like Yahoo, Google, MSN, etc. You can configure which map you would like to use. I quite like the google mobile maps (Satellite).

The software when activated connects to the Bluetooth GPS receiver and also initiates a connection to the internet over GPRS. It then uses the geo-coordinates obtained over the blue tooth connection to show your position on the map. There are options where you can configure the map to pan as you move. Once that is set, it works like a navigator in the sense that I have an idea of the terrain ahead.

However, the map refresh depends on the speed of the Internet connectivity. I use the Hutch GPRS EDGE and it is decent here in Bangalore.

I have mounted the GPS receiver in the parcel tray of my car since I have a 12 volt point in the boot, it is convenient.