Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 7th January 2007, 10:51   #211
BHPian

Thanks buddy!
I'll surely try that out next week (as this week my hands are full) and let you know if I need help on that.
I'm using my i-Mate PPC (with the big scree) for navigator and have got O2 Atom as PPC / Phone with Hutch EGPRS enabled. I'll give it a try with my Atom and let you know how that goes.
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2007, 14:17   #212
BHPian

Default GPS Bluetooth Reciver

hey does anybody know if any bluetooth GSP recivers are aviable in india ?? I know that SATNav has, i want to know if anybody else also has them in India.
speedonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 01:00   #213
BHPian

Here's a screen shot of what the GPS Software MGMaps on my Nokia E61 looks like. The screen shot was taken with the GPS receiver switched off which is why you don't see the Geo coordinates displayed and the Bluetooth logo indicating a disconnected (red). Google has recently added street maps to several Indian Cities including Bangalore and that's what you are seeing in the image I have attached.

Last edited by sharathjeppu : 13th January 2007 at 01:08.
sharathjeppu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 22:14   #214
BHPian

RFID India, RFID Delhi, RFID Mumbai, RFID Bangalore, RFID Hyderabad, RFID product India, RFID 13.56MHz India, RFID tags India, RFID systems, RFID antennas

No idea on the product..just found on the net.
netarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2007, 10:34   #215
BHPian

Thanks netarchie. Any idea how good are their porducts are ??
speedonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2007, 11:33   #216
BHPian

Sorry ..no idea on the product..just found on the net. :-)
netarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2007, 12:12   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathjeppu View Post
Here's a screen shot of what the GPS Software MGMaps on my Nokia E61 looks like. The screen shot was taken with the GPS receiver switched off which is why you don't see the Geo coordinates displayed and the Bluetooth logo indicating a disconnected (red). Google has recently added street maps to several Indian Cities including Bangalore and that's what you are seeing in the image I have attached.
Looks good!
I have checked the MGMaps and it looks like they dont have a software that can run on my PocketPC. Do they have software to run on the WM5 Pocket PC?
Old 15th January 2007, 12:32   #218
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathjeppu View Post
I found one software called MGMaps which works quite well using a GPRS connection. I use the google Satellite maps to get an idea of the terrain. The best thing is that it is free ! I use it in conjunction with a Bluetooth GPS Receiver (Holux GPSlim240) that I have recently acquired.

The only issue I have with this is that the back light of my E61 cannot be set to be kept on always. The max it will remain on is for 1 minute which is a bit of a pain at the moment.

in settings gps setting , there are 4 options internal , bluetooth , navizon and off.what have you ll selected ?? what is this navizon ??
lancer_mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2007, 11:26   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Looks good!
I have checked the MGMaps and it looks like they dont have a software that can run on my PocketPC. Do they have software to run on the WM5 Pocket PC?
You can run it on pocketpc. Install this JVM on your PPC (Google maps with satellite images in your ppc. - xda-developers ) and then download the jad file from either Google Maps or http://wap.mgmaps.com/mgmaps.jad.

If you have WM5, then you can use http://www.map4pda.com instead.
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2007, 12:57   #220
BHPian

I trid that out and could finally isntall MGMaps on the PPC, I have trid with the latest version and also tried the beta version,, for me its really slow when I try to zoom with ariel maps and the application quits in between randomly for me. inconsistent behavior..
Old 18th January 2007, 14:12   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I trid that out and could finally isntall MGMaps on the PPC, I have trid with the latest version and also tried the beta version,, for me its really slow when I try to zoom with ariel maps and the application quits in between randomly for me. inconsistent behavior..
Since you have a WM5 PPC, you could have installed map4pda instead. I am stuck with MGMaps because I have PPC2003SE :(.. but atleast MGMaps doesnt crash for me.
Old 25th April 2007, 23:49   #222
BHPian

Check this new functionality that MGMaps has added.

http://www.gmap-track.com/public.php#

Search for my name (sharathjeppu) and it will tell you where was I last reported seen before I switched off the application on my phone :-)
sharathjeppu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 08:34   #223
BHPian

I have experianced this earlier as well.
I have installed it on my WM5 device and whenever I'm trying to setup GPS going to the menu > GPS > Setup > Select Device > Bluetooth. Now as soon as I select bluetooth it gives me a message saying that bluetooth is not available on this device. I ensured that the BT is enabled on this device and my GPS receiver is paired with the device that I'm usig for navigaton purpose.
Any idea how to fix this?
Old 26th April 2007, 17:33   #224
Senior - BHPian

1. on Settings>Connections>Bluetooth>Com Port - Set up a new outgoing (or incoming.. not sure) port associated with the BT GPS. Any com por number will do.
2. on Settings>System>GPS>Hardware - Set the GPS hardware port to the same one as in step 1.

Now you should be able to get the GPS data on Google Maps for Mobile or Live Search Mobile.

Not sure how MgMaps connects to GPS, I dont think it supports GPS connection via com port. Besides, MgMaps is not so good as Google maps.. its a bit slow in downloading maps.
Old 27th April 2007, 13:59   #225
BHPian

I use a USB bluetooth GPS receiver thats connected to my car pc. It works quite well using Mapking but i have just started using Destinator and the maps are pretty good, provided by SatNav.

Here is the Mapking display in my car:
ankur is offline   Reply With Quote