Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 11th December 2012, 16:28   #16
Default Re: Can a 2011 car have a battery made in 2009?

Iceman yours and others experience is giving me creeps of sorts, i would not venture to give car for servicing at any authorised garage till expiry of 5 years. I would rather get it done on stand and service basis which is much cheaper and available in some cities. This would definitely preventing switching and tampering of parts. I hope the manufacturers themselves should undertake raids on suspected dealers after calling for information from people who have experienced this and penned on Team BHP. I find some of them are fighting court battles which collusion of lawyers will ensure victory to the dealer rather than the consumer.
ukderebail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2012, 18:01   #17
Default Re: Can a 2011 car have a battery made in 2009?

This morning I got a new battery for the Linea. I could no longer wait for Fiat to resolve this and cannot risk the health of the car while Fiat sorts this out.

I have written over 3 emails to Mangesh Kodalkar (Fiat Ranjangaon) asking for an update but I get the same template driven response saying - this is under investigation.

Will post an update if I hear from Fiat.
iceman7 is offline   Reply With Quote