| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|5th May 2006, 16:38||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2006
Thanked: 3 Times
MPFI & Fuel intake
w.r.t MPFI engines pls tell me....(assuming the AC is switched off)
1. is the fuel intake constant during idling?
2. is the fuel intake only controlled by the accelerator pedal?
3. if vehicle is in 5th gear @ 50 kmph, i slow it down to 30 kmph, now if i press the pedal completely the rpm increases very slowly, does it mean that a lot of fuel is supplied but not used in the engine?
|5th May 2006, 16:43||#2|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Sep 2004
Thanked: 13 Times
1. Fuel intake is constant during idling under normal running.
2. No, the ecu also can independantly change the rpm according to the load conditions such as AC being switched on or during start up when the rpm is temporarily raised to warm up the engine.
3. Yes, the ecu enriches the air-fuel mixture as per the load conditions. You cant call it wasted fuel...but its best to shift down a cog.
Last edited by drifter : 5th May 2006 at 16:44.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Fuel gauge problems Maruti 800 5-Speed MPFI||tj123||Technical Stuff||11||23rd September 2014 09:01|
|Esteem fuel pump(mpfi) in esteem-carb tank||techn0l0gist||Technical Stuff||0||13th June 2009 22:03|
|Diffrence between an ordinary cold air intake and a ram air intake??||Vys De BlUR||Technical Stuff||24||1st April 2008 12:59|
|K&N Air intake system for Accord||Sahil||Modifications & Accessories||11||24th August 2006 13:43|