Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 31st December 2012, 01:31   #16
Default re: Maruti Baleno - Diesel Engine Conversion?

Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
What is the mileage of your Baleno? I remember you telling me about the high ODO reading of your Baleno, with that, I wonder whether it would even be a feasible option to CNG/LPG it without rebuilding the engine first.
nothing major checked it but head needs to open.but am not interested in lpg/cng option.
procircuit_234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2012, 10:34   #17
Default Re: Maruti Baleno - Diesel Engine Conversion?

The local RTO here mentioned that a Petrol to diesel conversion is no longer legal. You might want to look into that as well.

Frankly, it wouldnt make sense for you to convert the car although you are emotionally attached to it. Its old and run a lot. Things would start to fail soon and baleno spares dont come cheap-Even the non-sgp/mgp spares.

But if you insist on going ahead with this, i wish you all the best! Hope it serves you for many k miles!

james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2012, 11:31   #18
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Maruti Baleno - Diesel Engine Conversion?

Conversion of Baleno to Diesel is not a good idea, there are multiple options on hand.

1. Conversion to CNG/LPG.
2. Sell the Baleno and put the planned money (that you were planning in spending on Diesel conversion). All this put together you might get a hatch in Diesel.

PS: Before any Baleno lover jumps up and starts comparing driving dynamics of Baleno Vs Hatch, please consider a Baleno with a heavy Diesel engine will not behave on the road as well as it currently does.
mayankjha1806 is offline   Reply With Quote