Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 4th June 2013, 09:57   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Check service history of any Tata vehicle : Online Siebel System

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
The system is surely a life saver for many in the market who wish to buy used Tata cars. A good friend of mine wanted to buy a Safari that he saw on carwale: Link.. Quickly checked up the site to find the last known odometer reading. The dealer had obviously turned back the reading by about 30,000 kms.
Need not be. I checked for my Safari now. It shows 59000 km when last serviced. But my car is still in 25000 km only. And the service date is again wrong. So the km figure is not accurate and probably depends on the manual entry done by someone who may have entered some figure.
But truth be told - their database shows the owner's name and the year of registration on entering just the Vehicle registration number.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2013, 11:32   #17
rkg
Senior - BHPian

It is pretty accurate with respect to milage and service date, if the service is done at any TASS. I got mine serviced on 17th june, 2013 at concorde , it immediately reflected here
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2013, 12:05   #18
BHPian

Really strange . I bought a used 2010 Safari from a delaer. Now when I put in the reg number it says No data matches this reg no!

I'll have to enter the engine number to verify.Dont have the details on me right now, will do it later in the day and fig it out. But why would it not return details with the Reg No. as many in the fourm have tried and got the details? I'm now indded worried about the odo reading too!

EDIT - Checked for the vechile details in the MVD Kerala site and it does say the vehicle in registerted in my name now.

Regards
Bhagath M P

Last edited by bhagathmp : 19th June 2013 at 12:12. Reason: Added details about MVD site
bhagathmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2013, 14:02   #19
BHPian

Congrats to Tata for ushering in transparency . Glad to hear about Maruti following suit. Does anyone know if Mahindra have any such plans?
regards,
ashphil
ashphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2015, 10:15   #20
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 30th April 2015 at 22:04.
eyesice is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 12th April 2015, 10:44   #21
BHPian

As mentioned earlier, Maruti has a similar system open to its dealers, but not the common public as of yet.
latentpotential is offline   Reply With Quote