Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 15th May 2006, 12:42   #1
BHPian

Unhappy Water drops after using AC in esteem

Hi guys,
Please tell me when will the water starts dripping from a black color duct under the hood from my esteem car. I went around 10 kms with AC and when i stopped, i could see water dripping. Is it something to do with the radiator? What should i do?
willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 12:47   #2
Team-BHP Support

Do nothing. This is normal when you use AC.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 12:50   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Do nothing. This is normal when you use AC.
Oh, That's great. Can you please tell me When do i need to fill the radiator with water? I don't have a manual to read about this.
Old 15th May 2006, 13:00   #4
BHPian

hey the same thing happens in my car as well.. Water drops from a duct under the dashboard after using AC.It looks like a small pond in the car. wot do i do? is this normal or sumthin serious happennin? pls help
The Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 13:02   #5
Team-BHP Support

Are using water and not coolant?

You need to check once in ten days to see the level. Pour coolant (if need be) in storage tank sitting outside the radiator. Check Coolant level only in the morning when your engine is cold. Open the radiator cap to check the level. Do not try to open cap when engine is hot. It may lead in to bad accident. Hot coolant inside radiator is under pressure and will comes out like boiling hot geyser as National Yellowstone Park.
Old 15th May 2006, 13:11   #6
BHPian

mine is an Mpfi engine Rudra sir..pls tell wot do i do?
Old 15th May 2006, 13:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy
Hi guys,
Please tell me when will the water starts dripping from a black color duct under the hood from my esteem car. I went around 10 kms with AC and when i stopped, i could see water dripping. Is it something to do with the radiator? What should i do?
Yeah its quite normal...
and another thing thats quite normal is that people mistake it for a leak and take it upon themselves to let u know that u got a leak, make u get out of the car, take a look under the car and then u need to reassure those good samaritans that its nothing to worry about!

Happened with me on my trip to Hyderabad. After a couple of such incidents, i stopped bothering to even look.

Amitoj
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 14:18   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Matrix
mine is an Mpfi engine Rudra sir..pls tell wot do i do?
There's no difference in AC. Be it Carb or MPFI.

Regarding your other problem, ask your service center to check out if there's any leakage. This could be from the AC blower hose mount. Nothing to worry about. But get this fixed asap.
Old 15th May 2006, 14:50   #9
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

Thats Condensation ... its normal when using AC
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 14:59   #10
BHPian

Quote:
hey the same thing happens in my car as well.. Water drops from a duct under the dashboard after using AC.It looks like a small pond in the car. wot do i do? is this normal or sumthin serious happennin? pls help
Do you mean it is falling in to your cabin to the front passenger's leg? That means a loose drain pipe.
WhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 15:19   #11
BHPian

Quote:
I had a similar problem with my 97 Esteem LX a few years back. It was a faulty cooling coil or evaporator coil(dunno what it is called exactly though) . Get you A/c system checked by the service station. It maybe like whiteknight said a losse drain pipe as well.
prince85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 15:39   #12
kdb
BHPian

Wink

Actually this seems like a simple problem of the drain pipe may be its not there (or taken off during service or something) or may be it came out or any leakage. The same thing happend to my old 800 i had to get a new pipe and the problem was fixed.

Anyways better the AC performs more the water comes out!
kdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2006, 16:38   #13
BHPian

Question Autocop from JC road?

I have a doubt here. I got my Autocop fixed to my esteem from a Autocop Dealer on the JC Road a month ago. They don't give any bill or an invoice. The autocop is working fine and have not problem as of now.
I want to know if this is ok or have to get it fixed only in some show room with the bill?
please let me know.
Old 16th May 2006, 16:43   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight
Do you mean it is falling in to your cabin to the front passenger's leg? That means a loose drain pipe.
Yeah man. it was exactly it.got it rectified yesterday.
Old 16th May 2006, 16:51   #15
BHPian

Cool Water dripping

Quote:
I have a doubt here. I got my Autocop fixed to my esteem from a Autocop Dealer on the JC Road a month ago. They don't give any bill or an invoice. The autocop is working fine and have not problem as of now.
I want to know if this is ok or have to get it fixed only in some show room with the bill?
please let me know.
hey willy,
water dripping is nothing but condensation as told earlier by one of our team bhpian. thats means your AC is working just great :-) water air particles arouns the AC pipe gets converted to water particles when it comes in contact with the cool AC pipe and it drips down and also it will be collected in a container some times and drians out its natural.
and about your autocop stuff, don't worry about it now, have the autocop's phone number handy and call them when ever u have a problem and they will come and fix the problem anywhere u r.
*peace*
RoaringEngine is offline   Reply With Quote