Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 19th May 2006, 00:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

duno mate i have a cvt too and it has no issues what so ever. only reason i got a city was for the cvt factor of it. other than that im neutral towards the car my accents better
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2006, 09:55   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

@kreig, I wouldn't straightaway assume the suspension to be the culprit here. Have the tyre pressure checked at a reliable place and see if it is inline with what Honda recommends for the car. Too much of air inside can make you aware of each and every bump on the road. If the air pressure is correct, then I guess you should bring it to the notice of Honda service people.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2006, 15:04   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
. Have the tyre pressure checked at a reliable place and see if it is inline with what Honda recommends for the car. .
Will do so and letu ppl know
kreigsmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2006, 22:16   #19

Yup..all u guyz were right.The problem wasnt with the suspension but with the tyre pressure.When the honda guy told me that the optimum pressure was 30-31 at the front and 32 at the rear i assumed that the tyres were already at that pressure.But when i got the pressures checked today,i found to my horror that both the tyres were at 40 psi!!
Now the pressures alright, and the rides quite smooth.Wish i had checked earlier.I drove all the way from chandigarh to delhi abusin honda engineers .thanx for all ur replies
ns_jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2006, 23:37   #20

dont be confused by the previous mail by jughead.
hes my son...and he forgot to sign in as kregsmarine while writin that message.but watever hes written is true.
kreigsmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2006, 09:34   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

@kreig, nice to know that the problem is solved - infact it wasn't even a car problem actually. I wonder why these guys do not stick to the recommended tyre pressures when delivering the car. Have read similar instances with other cars on the forum. Anyway all's well that ends well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreigsmarine
hes my son...and he forgot to sign in as kregsmarine while writin that message.
Another father-son duo on tbhp. Wow.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote