Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 7th April 2017, 20:52   #106
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Pollution check for new car ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
If any one has any solution to this problem, I would greatly appreciate.
Have you checked with the dealership if they have a solution or a reliable place to get this done? I would take that route first.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2017, 23:20   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Have you checked with the dealership if they have a solution or a reliable place to get this done? I would take that route first.
Thanks for your reply. I asked them, but they have no clue about this issue and they also advised me to go to the centers that are located in the petrol stations.
Fstlndrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2017, 07:58   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
Thanks for your reply. I asked them, but they have no clue about this issue and they also advised me to go to the centers that are located in the petrol stations.
Have you tried enquiring with fellow owners in your city?

They must be doing the Pollution check, right?!
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2017, 11:52   #109
BHPian

Not sure if anyone else had this problem, posting here for suggestions.

I got Pollution Check done yesterday at an emission center near Electronics City RTO for PUC certificate. My car is 2013 i20 and the Registration card mentions it as BSIV compliant car that I also knew. By rule, BSIV vehicles' PUC certificate should be valid for 1 year against BSIII and older for which the validity is 6 months (it was mentioned on the PUC certificate/print).

But the validity shown on the certificate was only 6 months. The test person's argument is that he cannot decide or change dates and the certificate itself has no mention if my vehicle is BSIII or BSIV. He said the software generates the Validity period and he cannot do anything.

Is this correct OR is his software faulty/not updated?

Edit: Found related information in another thread in posts after at this link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post4151045 (PUC - Pollution Under Control ?)

Seems the center guys do not take note of correct data and just enters year and on the transport website I see my car as BSII
Pollution check for new car ?-capture.jpg

Last edited by vidyanand : 2nd August 2017 at 12:15. Reason: Updating Content with Info
vidyanand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2017, 12:28   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
I got Pollution Check done yesterday at an emission center near Electronics City RTO for PUC certificate. My car is 2013 i20 and the Registration card mentions it as BSIV compliant car that I also knew. By rule, BSIV vehicles' PUC certificate should be valid for 1 year against BSIII and older for which the validity is 6 months (it was mentioned on the PUC certificate/print).

But the validity shown on the certificate was only 6 months. The test person's argument is that he cannot decide or change dates and the certificate itself has no mention if my vehicle is BSIII or BSIV. He said the software generates the Validity period and he cannot do anything.
The software has an option to choose BS-III or BS-IV before finalizing the certificate. I had to insist on BS-IV being chosen in the software - The testing person does not choose this because they can get your business for 2 times a year instead of once when they choose BS-IV.

Finally agreed to pay extra and only then he entered BS-IV in the software. This was at the IOC CoCo on Mahadevpura Road
mtnrajdeep is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2017, 20:20   #111
BHPian

What people say here is that BS4 norms + software are still not available to the test centres, so they keep testing according to old norms and keep issuing six-month validity. One 'green' activist has even moved the Calcutta High Court or the National Green tribunal (Eastern) on this, I forget which, because this activist makes so many representations before the court that it is difficult to keep track !
As for me, I am so used to six-monthly checks for so many years since the system started, that I am just used to it, and forget to query when I go for the check-up ! Must remember to ask next time !
SnakemanJohny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 09:27   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakemanJohny View Post
What people say here is that BS4 norms + software are still not available to the test centres
My Service Center did not have their machine working last time when I was in for service. Next time I will get it tested only there. Hopefully they will have correct updates.
vidyanand is offline   Reply With Quote