Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 7th July 2013, 20:22   #16
Default Re: Hydraulic Engine Mounts vs Rubber Engine Mounts

Originally Posted by CHINMAYAN View Post
It is a false concept that hydraulic mounts doesn't have rubber parts.
Actually you got my post wrong. Hydraulic mounts may have some rubber part but the functionality of hydraulic mount doesn't mainly rely on that rubber part.
tbppjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2015, 14:57   #17
Default Re: Hydraulic Engine Mounts vs Rubber Engine Mounts

Hi Amalji, I am also looking at doing the same in my 4 year old Etios V. What else can be done to address the NVH levels? I had 3M underbody quoting done at the time of purchase, which was supposed to slightly bring down the noise level. Now that the coating is more than 4 years old, should I go in for another round of 3 M coating?

Should we go for rubberised coating for wheel wells to improve the NVH levels further?

Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I recently changed the Rubber engine mounts on my Etios with a hydraulic engine mount ( the same one used on Etios 2013 facelift ).

The very evident differences that I could feel are
  • better vibration control during cranking up/switching off the engine. Feels very subtle now.
  • Once the engine warms up, even the sound seems to have come down.
I would like to start a discussion on the positives/negatives of a hydraulic engine mount and the technical reasons why it is so.

One negative, I've heard about the hydraulic mount is that there is more torque loss ( on the wheels ) compared to the rubber mount.
Another one is its durability.

Hoping for an interesting discussion on the same.

Reference posts regarding my personal experience with the replacements -

amateurpro is offline   Reply With Quote