Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 17th July 2016, 19:31   #76
Default Re: Questions About Roof Racks / Carriers / Bicycle Carriers

Got mine today from the distributor in Hyderabad- Rs. 9500/00 but a pain to install properly- the bars and other hardware supplied with it are inadequate IMHO. How much extra does it cost the manyfacturer to include stainless steel nuts bolts and other brackets?
Attached Thumbnails
Questions About Roof Racks / Carriers / Bicycle Carriers-image.jpeg  

epijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2016, 12:03   #77
Default Re: Questions About Roof Racks / Carriers / Bicycle Carriers

Hello everyone. I have booked a Honda CRV. I am planning to buy Thule products but need guidance regarding the models and details. Here are my requirements:
1. 2 or 3 bike carrier fitted to the rear end of the vehicle. It must be foldable and easily removable to keep when not in use or in case the boot needs to be accessed. The bikes must be secure from theft and there should not be any chance of damage /scratches to the cars tailgate.
2. Roof mounted luggage box/ carrier. The CRV does not have roof rails. So I need roof rails as well. The roof box must have a capacity of about 200-300 liters, must be weather proof, lockable and aerodynamic. Considering storage when not in use, I have ample space in my parking lot, but I must be able to secure the removed box and tether it using a chain and padlock or something. The roof rails and cross bars will remain on the car so they have to look good. Suggestions are welcome.
urban legend is offline   Reply With Quote