Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2006, 20:09   #1
BHPian
 
Kaizer Sozay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 333
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Product Review on Motoreco?

Guys i have heard about this oil additive called Motoreco.
Has anyone tried it as yet?
Please provide feedback.
http://snsvo7.seekandsource.com/fricfree/
Kaizer Sozay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2006, 00:51   #2
BHPian
 
Kaizer Sozay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 333
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Normal engine oil + motoreco

My Mechanic says that i dont need to add any synthetic engine oil, just by adding motoreco there is a vast improvement.
Any suggestions?
Kaizer Sozay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2006, 10:37   #3
BHPian
 
diven_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 213
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer Sozay
My Mechanic says that i dont need to add any synthetic engine oil, just by adding motoreco there is a vast improvement.
Any suggestions?
btw can someone tell me where can i get synthetic oil in mumbai?...how often will i need to change it?how much?
diven_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2006, 19:05   #4
BHPian
 
Kaizer Sozay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 333
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diven_b
btw can someone tell me where can i get synthetic oil in mumbai?...how often will i need to change it?how much?
I picked up shell ultra helix that is a fully synthetic oil from four seasons at haji ali. oil change required after 15,000 kms. my car has done 11,000 &oil still looks good. costs around 2300/-

Last edited by Kaizer Sozay : 26th May 2006 at 19:11.
Kaizer Sozay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2006, 19:25   #5
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 393
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer Sozay
I picked up shell ultra helix that is a fully synthetic oil from four seasons at haji ali. oil change required after 15,000 kms. my car has done 11,000 &oil still looks good. costs around 2300/-
Dear kaizer Sozay,

Any idea from where can I get shell ultra helix near Andheri area...also need more info on motoreco engine oils......

Thanks.....
finetuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2006, 12:46   #6
BHPian
 
Kaizer Sozay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 333
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finetuning
Dear kaizer Sozay,

Any idea from where can I get shell ultra helix near Andheri area...also need more info on motoreco engine oils......

Thanks.....
I Wouldnt want to take a chance from any place else as, most of the oils is generally adulterated or duplicate stuff.
I dont have any update as yet on motoreco, but google throws up a lot of german links.
any Team-Bhpians tired it as yet?
Kaizer Sozay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2006, 22:52   #7
BHPian
 
Kaizer Sozay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 333
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

I finally did an oil change on saturday, In the past i have only used synthetic oils or castrol magnatec.
My mechanic asked me to try this stuff called motoreco, which is a 250 ml bottle that he put in the engine along with the new oil ( this time i just put a normal grade engine oil). Today while driving i noticed a marked difference in the engine performance.
Drive was a lot quiter, & engine smoother.
Will keep you all posted as i have only driven 50 kms today going for a long drive tommorrow
Kaizer Sozay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2006, 23:36   #8
BHPian
 
dustDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Surat/Pune
Posts: 155
Thanked: Once
Default

Where can i get Motoreco from, is it readily available? Hw much does it cost?
dustDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2006, 00:21   #9
BHPian
 
yogi1771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 631
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer Sozay
I finally did an oil change on saturday, In the past i have only used synthetic oils or castrol magnatec.
My mechanic asked me to try this stuff called motoreco, which is a 250 ml bottle that he put in the engine along with the new oil ( this time i just put a normal grade engine oil). Today while driving i noticed a marked difference in the engine performance.
Drive was a lot quiter, & engine smoother.
Will keep you all posted as i have only driven 50 kms today going for a long drive tommorrow
where do u get it in mumbai
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2006, 22:03   #10
BHPian
 
Kaizer Sozay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 333
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustDevil
Where can i get Motoreco from, is it readily available? Hw much does it cost?
My Mechanic stocks it with him the stuff costs 450 bucks for a 250 ml bottle, the instructions asy that it contiues to work even after the oil change & lasts upto 15,000 kms.

Drove 120 kms today, must say the engine is definetly smoother.
Kaizer Sozay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2006, 14:28   #11
BHPian
 
dustDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Surat/Pune
Posts: 155
Thanked: Once
Default

I've driven about 500 kms since the last oil-change. Cani still add it... can u giv me the contact details of ur mechanic?
dustDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2006, 17:39   #12
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 147
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

hi guys
i've also just added motoreco to my esteem .. also suggested by my mechanic .. and stocked by him .. hmmm kaizer who's ur mechanic .. is he the same as mine .. i wonder .. well even i found an immediate diffrence in the engine note . smoother and more muted .. don't know about the enhanced mileage claims though .. will figure that out and post later
cheers
revvhed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2006, 19:07   #13
BHPian
 
Kaizer Sozay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 333
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustDevil
I've driven about 500 kms since the last oil-change. Cani still add it... can u giv me the contact details of ur mechanic?
I am not certain if i can post the details of my mechanic here will have to check with the Moderators.

But regarding motoreco google gives this details.
http://snsvo7.seekandsource.com/fricfree/home.html
Kaizer Sozay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2006, 21:05   #14
BHPian
 
killjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 652
Thanked: 170 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer Sozay
I picked up shell ultra helix that is a fully synthetic oil from four seasons at haji ali. oil change required after 15,000 kms. my car has done 11,000 &oil still looks good. costs around 2300/-
is that per litre?...................
killjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2006, 21:27   #15
BHPian
 
Kaizer Sozay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 333
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy
is that per litre?...................

no its for 4 litres..
Kaizer Sozay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3M Nomad Foot Mats : Product Review KarthikK Modifications & Accessories 80 22nd November 2017 14:48
Toyota Qualis - Product Review / Discussion v12 The Indian Car Scene 65 14th November 2016 19:47
Product Review: Pete's Digital Diesel Tuning Box Rtech Modifications & Accessories 239 4th March 2016 13:38
Product Review: Philips Crystal Vision Halogen headlamps Rtech Modifications & Accessories 308 13th March 2007 13:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:18.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks